main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Sherlock/Mentalist] Consulting Criminal

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Moonspun Dragon, May 24, 2014.

1. Moonspun Dragon

Moonspun Dragon Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2011
    Summary: Patrick Jane has killed Red John. Or has he?
    Rating: K+ (PG)
    Character(s): Jim Moriarty, Patrick Jane, Red John
    Warnings: Slight violence
    Words:593
    A/N: I had written this after that one episode came out after the big Red John "reveal." And I didn't watch the entire episode, because I was so sure that CBS was just yanking our chain again, but I saw the final bit. I'm still not entirely sure that CBS wasn't yanking our chain. It was pretty anti- climatic to have an entire organization that involved Red John. And having a crazy sheriff as the actual Red John... Really? o_O These are just my opinions, so keep your shirt on. ;) :p Anyway, I thought about this situation and it occurred to me who the real Red John is. You'll just have to read to find out. ;) :p Enjoy! :D

Disclaimer: I own nothing.

Consulting Criminal
    “Oh, well done, Patrick Jane!”

Jane snapped his head up and faced the dark- haired, dark- eyed man who was stepping out from behind the nearest tree. He was applauding as if he had just seen the ending of a remarkable performance.

Confused, Jane stood. “Who are you?”

The man gave an exaggerated pout. “Jim Moriarty.” At Jane’s blank look, he continued. “I suppose it’s unsurprising that you have not heard of me,” his expression cleared to something that resembles a pleasant expression. At least, that’s what Jane assumed. “However, I know you. I was watching you. You are the only other one I have chosen specifically to come play.” His accented voice took on a sing- song lilt. “I baited the hook with your familyyy.” His voice returned to his original mocking tone. “And you bit. Good thing, too. My other toy and his pet are becoming too predictable and borrriiing. His end is coming, anyway. His fall.”

Jane had snapped out of the confused daze this man’s arrival had kept him in. He had latched onto one other thing Jim Moriarty had said. The implication gave him a sick feeling. “What did you mean you baited the hook with my family?”

Moriarty gave him a half- amused and half- disappointed look. “There is no reason to tell you. You already know.”

Jane glanced over his shoulder at the dead body behind him, then looked back at Moriarty. “He’s Re-“

“Is he?” Moriarty’s voice was amused. “Tell me what did you see when you wrapped your hand around his throat? Did you see fear? Terror? Desperation for his own life?”

Jane blinked. “He was a pawn,” he said, slowly with realization. By the insane grin Moriarty gave him, he knew he was right. And he knew who the real Red John was. He had never been so off in his life. “Why?”

Moriarty stalked closer to him. “Partly to gain your attention, which worked marvelously, by the way, but mostly,” he stopped a few paces from Jane. “…Why not?”

At those two words, Jane felt something snap inside him and he lunged, intending to attack the man he realized was crazy. Just as he did so, two sets of hands grabbed him and held him back. As he struggled, a third man came in between Moriarty and Jane. He drew his fist back and punched Jane in the stomach. Jane sunk to his knees, coughing and gasping for breath. The two men behind him let go.

“Insane bastard,” Jane wheezed.

A pair of black dress shoes appeared in Jane’s vision. Moriarty crouched, then reached a hand underneath Jane’s chin, forcing him to raise his head. “Bless you for saying so.” He released Jane’s head and stood.

Jane watched him walk away. “I’ll find you!” he screamed. He didn’t have to say what he intended to do once he did.

Moriarty turned and met Jane’s gaze, flashing him another grin. “Be careful, Patrick, you seem to leave a pile of dead bodies wherever you go. You are well on your way to becoming like me.” With that, he left.

As soon as he was out of sight, the man who had punched Jane looked at the other two men still standing behind the consultant and gave a slight nod. One of the men raised his gun and bashed Jane in the back of the head with the butt.

As Jane fell into unconsciousness, his feeling of vengeance blazed hotter. He would make sure Red John suffers before he kills him.
    End​
    A/N: I can't really be the only one who thought of this, right? *sheepish smile* I hope you enjoyed. :D

2. Wi-Phi

Wi-Phi Jedi Knight

May 25, 2014
    As a huge fan of Sherlock, I certainly enjoyed this. I liked the reference to Sherlock's "fall" and Moriarty's dialogue definitely sounds like something he would actually say.

Though I never watched the Mentalist before, this wasn't too hard to follow. Great job!

Moonspun Dragon likes this.
  3. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Because this makes perfect sense. This is the crossover that needs to happen - I can't think about it any other way now. [face_hypnotized]

Excellent one-shot! Your Moriarty-voice was spot on, which is no small feat. :p =D=

4. Moonspun Dragon

Apr 6, 2011
    Thank you! :D I was really nervous about this. [face_blush] I'm really glad you enjoyed it. :D

It really does. :p Agreed! If only they can do it between those two and Sherlock and Doctor Who, TV would be changed forever. :p

Thank you! :D I'm glad you enjoyed it! :D

5. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Your Moriarty is BRILLIANT! I could totally hear his voice as I was reading. Splendid!

6. Moonspun Dragon

Apr 6, 2011
    Thanks, Nat! :D I'm glad you liked it. :D [:D]

7. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Very good confrontation, and I agree with the others, you definitely had the Moriarty voice there.

Nicely imagined crossover.

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Superb - crossovers aren't easy to pull off but this works LOL Now I'm dying for a Dr. Who/Star Wars/Star Trek crossover. :oops: [face_dancing] Palpatine meets Dr. Who of any number [face_rofl] and they all tangle with Q. [face_batting] 8-}

Or Thrawn and Kirk have the Knights of Ren for breakfast. [face_love]

[face_party]

9. Moonspun Dragon

Apr 6, 2011
    Thanks. I remember this was a bit difficult to write. I'm glad you enjoyed it. :D

[face_laugh] Those are pretty cool ideas. :D Thanks. :D