main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Sherlock - new BBC series from Steven Moffat

Discussion in 'Community' started by Mar17swgirl, Jul 21, 2010.

1. MasterDillon

MasterDillon Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 28, 2010
    Sounds great! The new movie was really cool as well.

2. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    I'm hoping you aren't talking about Elementary. This thread will otherwise crush you... [face_plain]

Random Comments likes this.
  3. MasterDillon

MasterDillon Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 28, 2010
    Then I consider myself crushed for that is exactly what I am talking about.

4. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    Because turning Sherlock into an American crime drama by the same network that brought you constant iterations of CSI is going to be awesome. [face_tired]

Random Comments likes this.
  5. sith_hunter117

sith_hunter117 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 18, 2008
    I think the problem with a CBS iteration of Sherlock would really be filler episodes. One thing that BBC did right was make it a miniseries. All three episodes move the story forward and we really didn't have to deal with boring fillers that would normally be part of a 24 episode season (The Mentalist, I'm looking at you)

6. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    I'll be blunt:
    No, it doesn't.

No, it wasn't.

Now GTFO.

7. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
  8. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Yeah. It's definitely something Moffat would use (an element from a previous episode that's used as a solution in this one), and I'm slightly miffed that I didn't think of it sooner. :p

9. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    [face_laugh] Best! Post! Ever!

I mean... I agree with Maria on this issue.

10. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    [image=http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ly1pr2vk0i1qcfuj8o1_500.gif]

Works for me.

11. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
  12. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Sherlock:"Well, I certainly didn't think of that."

Doctor: "I didn't either."

13. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    This crossover NEEDS to happen. Please, Moffat. I don't care whether it's for Red Nose Day or Children In Need, I just want to see Sherlock and the Doctor share the screen. :D

14. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Not only would Sherlock meeting The Doctor be awesome... but what about Watson and Rory? :D

15. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    They could play doctors and nurses :p

16. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    That's just... ugh.

I need mind bleach...

17. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Amy is the main companion, not Rory. Lestrade & Rory is a more suitable matchup in terms of ranking importance.

The Master & Moriarty would be a good evil team though, I think.

18. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    I picked Rory and Watson because they both seem outwardly inferior to the genius level principal characters, but in reality both regularly exhibit bravery, reliability and honour in amounts those principals often do not. So whilst - if you boil it down to simply 'ranking' - technically Lestrade would be a better fit than Watson (or Amy Rory), in terms of character I think Rory and Watson seem to be a perfect pairing. I can see them having very similar reactions to many events, and also to the actions of Sherlock or The Doctor. A roll of an eye, a sigh, but also an appreciation of how he (Sherlock or The Doctor) built them back up again / found the hero within.

19. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
  20. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Now, I do realize that nearly all of you dislike the Guy Ritchie Sherlock Holmes movies, but I was wondering the other day how RDJ's Sherlock would deal with Martin Freeman's Watson, and how Jude Law's Watson would react to Benedict Cumberbatch's Sherlock.

21. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    From The Guardian (apologies to SOPA)

"How did Sherlock Holmes survive that death plunge? If, indeed, he did. Perhaps the falling body was Moriarty in a Sherlock mask? Or maybe pathologist Molly supplied a corpse to throw from the roof? Who or what lies in the grave over which Martin Freeman's Dr Watson delivered the lovely soliloquy that made around 7.9 million Britons' stiff upper lips tremble on Sunday night?

Steven Moffat eyes me guardedly from his living room sofa at his home near London's Kew Gardens. Why don't you just tell me how Sherlock survived, then you can go back to your study to write some more Doctor Who? "Christ, no!" says Moffat, grinning. A-ha! So that implies Sherlock has survived. (Not such a brilliant deduction: it's hard to imagine a third series without the hero.)

"There is a clue everybody's missed," he says tantalisingly. "So many people theorising about Sherlock's death online ? and they missed it! We've worked out how Sherlock survives, and actually shot part of what really happened. It all makes sense." In this, he argues, he and co-writer Mark Gatiss have gone one better than Doyle. "He cheated outrageously. He has Watson deduce that Holmes fell off a waterfall. But there was no body. And it only means one thing in a detective show when there's no body." That the victim survived. So you set yourself the test of killing off Sherlock, putting his corpse in plain view and then bringing him back from the dead to watch his own funeral? "Yes. We had to have Holmes dying in Watson's arms ? and get away with that, which we have." But how? Moffat sips his tea silently."

22. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I don't dislike them, they're funny and both the lead actors have a great chemistry not unlike Cumberbatch and Freeman. They strived to be different as the BBC version has, although the movies have far more problems thanthe TV show has (if it has any).

Jude Law's Watson is not that different to Freeman's, he at time finds Holmes infuriating and they contantly argue but he would still risk his life for the man. Neither Holmes will admit he can't manage without Watson.

23. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    He's such a troll. :p

24. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    There's something staring us in the face, isn't there? :p

Something so obvious nobody is even considering it.

Goodness knows what...

25. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    [image=http://static.tumblr.com/sfoev6m/Xlqlmhles/moffat.png]