Amph Sherlock - new BBC series from Steven Moffat

Discussion in 'Community' started by Mar17swgirl, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Mar17swgirl Chosen One

star 7
  2. Chewgumma Chosen One

star 7
    Of course the rioters must know, this. Means. War.:mad:
    Random Comments likes this.
  3. Everton Chosen One

star 10
  4. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    Paul McGuigan (@paul_mcguigan)
    23/08/2011 16:03
    Last day of #Sherlock Series 2 shoot. My cast and crew have been amazing and thank you for all your messages of support. Onwards to the edit
  5. Everton Chosen One

star 10
  6. Chewgumma Chosen One

star 7
    Russel Tovey! Yay!:D

Planet Dinosaur looks much better than that ITV attempt at remaking Walking With Dinosaurs, and Steven Fry in the Borrowers should be interesting!:D

But the star of the trailer is definately Sherlock!
  7. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    Definitely. I feel like I've seen a new mini-episode! Sherlock declares something boring. Dismisses some 'evidence' and offers a cream tea. Beginning, middle and end. :p

Can't wait for Attenborough's Frozen Planet, either.
    Random Comments likes this.
  8. Chewgumma Chosen One

star 7
    Is Attenborough ever not amazing though?[face_love]

The cinematography in Frozen planet looks superb!
  9. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    He's always amazing, very true.

I met him at a book signing in Cheltenham in 2010, and could only fumble my way through sentences and tell him he was a legend. :p
  10. Chewgumma Chosen One

star 7
    At least you managed more than I would have in the situation. I'd have gone "EEEEEEEK!!! I LOVE YOU!!![face_love]"
  11. Mar17swgirl Chosen One

star 7
    Michael Palin! [face_love]

Stephen Fry! [face_love]

SHERLOCK!!! [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

*fangasm*
  12. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    How much use you make of this alert will depend up on your individual tolerance of Jonathan Ross... but ALERT!... Benedict Cumberbatch is a guest on The Jonathan Ross Show on Saturday.
  13. Mar17swgirl Chosen One

star 7
    I actually quite like Wossy, so I'll be definitely catching that! :D
  14. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    Kudos for looking past the scandals that surround him. :cool:
  15. Chewgumma Chosen One

star 7

The only Wossy scandal I'm aware of is Sachsgate, and unlike Brand he did at least do the decent thing and apologise.

I'm not a massive fan of his interview style, but I'm not someone to find him so painful that I'd miss a chance at tib bits from Sherlock himself. ;)
  16. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    I'm quite sure that Brand issued an apology to Sachs privately, but he just wasn't as vulnerable to the media's game as Ross was. I almost admire Brand for sort of standing up to the press and not cowtowing to every demand they made 'on behalf' of Sachs or the public or any particular moral code. 'Sachsgate' was the main thing that torpedoed Ross at the BBC, but once the door had opened he was criticised for practically every aspect of his presentation, style, pay packet and personality. The media - desperate to keep the witch-hunt going - drove the public out of love with him... not any sense of right and wrong.

I'm a fan, and can't stand it when people automatically come out with the "I hate Jonathan Ross" bandwagon. They don't; they've just been told to by the press.

EDIT: And yes, once again I am laying the blame for something squarely at the door the media. Brand and Ross were wrong to do what they did, but the media were more wrong in their response to it.
  17. Chewgumma Chosen One

star 7
    Just so we are on the same page, I hate media witch hunts just as much as you. ;) I find them arrogant, horrific and nine times out of ten hypocritical. One of my favourite pieces of journalist arsery was about Chris Morris' Brass Eye episode about media reaction to paedophilia.

[image=http://www.randall100.f2s.com/images/charlotte.jpg]

I just happen to find Wossy's interview style a little over the top, with some of the lower profile guests getting completely over shadowed by Jonathan. I do feel he is a serviceable presenter though, I think he worked on Pen and Teller: Fool Us rather well for example.
  18. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    Cool beans. :)

Anyway, nice tweet from Mark Gatiss today - particularly the picture:

Mark Gatiss (@Markgatiss)
    06/09/2011 11:04
    Back to Cardiff for the day to see a man about a dog. #Sherlock
    http://t.co/kxyFs0q

:D :D :D :D: :D
  19. Chewgumma Chosen One

star 7
    Say what you will about Night Terrors, you just gotta love Gatiss.:D

Absolutely love the pic. If a photo of an umbrella handle can make me go off into a squeeing fit it shows that Mycroft is just as iconic as Sherlock.[face_laugh]
  20. Mar17swgirl Chosen One

star 7
    I meant his show. :p I don't follow British tabloids, and I don't care for personal lives of celebrities, so I'm blissfully ignorant of these scandals of which you speak.

And yay Mycroft! :D
  21. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    Well consider yourself fortunate! :p
  22. Chewgumma Chosen One

star 7
    It wasn't what I'd call part of Wossy's private life. :p That being said it wasn't a controversy before the Daily Fail decided to shriek like gibbons.
  23. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    No it wasn't private life, but still... not being aware of the blasted British Tabloids sounds like a good place to be.
  24. Chewgumma Chosen One

star 7
    Any sane person would agree with that statement.[face_laugh]
  25. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    Well that has to be a first for me! :p