main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Sherlock] Perhaps It's Elementary (UDC 5 & UDC 4) UPDATED 02/04/2012!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Idrelle_Miocovani, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    XVII

Boys

They were good boys, Mrs Hudson thought. They had their quirks ? Sherlock in particular ? and there were a few things that startled her, but she eventually got used to it. She had to, when she had someone like Sherlock renting her flat. The only thing that annoyed her pure and simple was the assumption that she would make them tea whenever they wanted it.

And she couldn?t keep cleaning up after them. She was their landlady and they needed to do their own chores! How many times had she said, ?I?m not your housekeeper?? She had lost track.

Those boys?

Mountain

?What have you done now??

?I?m? not entirely sure.?

Sherlock?s voice was muffled. He was lying in the middle of the room, covered in a mountain of books ? there had to be hundreds of them. How he had gotten into such a situation, John would probably know within three guesses. His best one was that Sherlock had been going through some poor dead man?s books and there had been so many of them that he had accidentally knocked the pile over on top of himself.

Sherlock shook his head when John told him this.

?No? the books are mine.?

?Pardon??

Town

London. Beneath the layers of tourist attractions, businesses, and institutions, there was a simmering pot of grime-coated criminal activity. Sometimes this criminal activity bubbled a little too much and started overflowing into the nicer parts of town.

?Isn?t it lovely?? Sherlock said gleefully.

He loved it when the town got nasty.

?It?s so much more interesting that way. It?s never dull!?

John was not so sure. He could list a dozen times Sherlock had become bored with London?s criminals because their crimes weren?t interesting enough.

But no, London was never really dull. Especially when you shared a flat with Sherlock.

Controversy

?I?m sorry, we can?t let you in.?

?But I?m your consulting detective!?

?There?s no such thing??

?Yes, there is! You need me!?

?I?m sorry, freak,? Donovan said. ?I can?t let you in.?

Sherlock glared at her. ?You?re just saying that to spite me,? he said.

?No, I?m not,? she said sharply. ?I wish I was, but I?m under orders not to let you in.?

?Lestrade??

?Lestrade can?t help. There?s a controversy. They know you?ve been working with us. They?re re-evaluating how things work.?

?They can?t do that!?

?Oh, yes they can.? Donovan?s eyes hardened. ?Believe me, I?m glad.?

Profanity

Sherlock swore.

Sometimes, he got very creative. It was a reflection of how bored he was. The more bored his mind, the more creative the swear ? usually directed at how bored he was. At least it was a better alternative to shooting holes in the wall. John just hoped Mrs Hudson would never hear him; she might be accidentally startled into a heart attack.

?Do you really have to do that?? John said one day.

Sherlock glanced at him and swore loudly ? again. He was flipping through a case file he had labelled ?dull?.

?I take that as a yes.?

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    loved the banter between the men.

and Boys[face_laugh] Men are always the same=D=

Great use of the prompts=D=

3. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004

?Exactly! So stop pick-pocketing my IDs!?

?Then stop being annoying and I won?t have to pick-pocket your IDs!?

[face_laugh]

?It?s just a head, Mrs Hudson. Come on, I?ll make you a cup of tea.?

[face_laugh] Yeah, that will make her feel better.

Boys Quit cleaning up after them. :p

Sometimes, he got very creative. It was a reflection of how bored he was. The more bored his mind, the more creative the swear ? usually directed at how bored he was.[face_laugh]

4. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    earlybird
    Oh yes, I do enjoy this banter. It's fun. :D

Men are always the same

Tell me about it! I had to go upstairs to talk to the boys who live above me, and honestly I'm glad my basement apartment is separated from theirs, it looks like a tornado went through there. :p

FelsGoddess
    Yeah, with the stealing of the IDs thing, "Thief" is one of my favourites. It's a reference to a scene in the show. ;)

Yeah, that will make her feel better.

Tea is a universal solution. [face_coffee] Considering I drink about six cups a day, I should know. :p

Quit cleaning up after them.

Nah, that would just annoy her even more. :p

Thanks for reading! :D [:D]

[blockquote][b]XVIII[/b][/blockquote]

[b]Steed[/b]

?You??

?Yes??

?You? really??

John looked at Sherlock in amazement. His friend didn?t seem the least perturbed; instead, he sighed irritably at John?s apparent lack of brains.

?I don?t know why you seem so surprised.?

?I really don?t know, either. You would think after all this time I?d stop being, well, [i]surprised??[/i]

?What is that supposed to mean??

John ignored him and gestured in Sherlock?s direction.

?Oh.? Sherlock frowned. ?How does this surprise you??

?You are riding a bloody horse! I didn?t know you could ride!?

Sherlock raised an eyebrow. ?Where else would I go to get a riding crop??

[b]Peel[/b]

?Peel.?

?Please stop doing that.?

?Why? Peel.?

?Because I can?t think!?

?That?s not my fault. Think faster.?

[i]?I have a Q and no U.?[/i]

?So??

?So, you try drawing a Q and having no U??

?Peel! Qat. Qi. QWERTY. Peel.?

?Qwerty ? [i]what??[/i]

?Peel. Standard English keyboard layout. Peel. Shall I go on??

?No. I think I?ve had enough U-less Q words for now, thanks.?

?Good. You?ve got enough letters now to make something decent. Peel.?

?Stop that!?

[i]?What?!?[/i]

?Stop peeling!?

Sherlock leaned back in his chair. ?Well, I?m not going to play if you?re going to be like that.?

[b]Gale[/b]

The wind was blowing at a ferocious rate, bitterly cold and biting, and once again he had been left standing alone while Sherlock disappeared.

[i]Just my luck?[/i]

Suddenly, there was the fall of footsteps from inside the alley. John looked up. Sherlock had appeared at the end of the lane, a silver of a shadow in the low light. The wind gusted down the alley, blowing his long, dark coat dramatically around him. He looked, for all he was worth, like some Byronic hero out of a nineteenth-century gothic novel.

John folded his arms. ?Is that supposed to look impressive??

[b]Stylish[/b]

It was the coat that did it, Molly decided. Yes, definitely the coat. Never underestimate a handsome man in a dramatic coat, especially during the winter months.

Stupid winter months. Stupid winter coat.

She didn?t mean to do it (and she knew she shouldn?t), but she often caught herself thinking about how stylish he looked in that bloody coat, and it made her catch her breath?

? and then she was sharply reminded that the only reason Sherlock talked to her in the first place was because he wanted access to dead bodies.

That morbid characteristic wasn?t attractive at all.

[b]Needed[/b]

?No.?

?Why not??

?Because.?

?Oh, come on, you?ve got to have a better reason than that.?

?No, I don?t believe I am required to have any particular reason when it comes to choosing my cases.?

?We need you, Sherlock.?

?I?m sure Sergeant Donovan will be glad to help you.?

?Sherlock??

?Or maybe your own scintillating mind, have you tried asking it first??

Lestrade sighed, completely exasperated. ?This is a serial murderer, Sherlock. Why in God?s name are you saying [i]?no???[/i]

Sherlock looked up over the edge of his newspaper. ?Because it?s fun to know exactly how much I?m needed.?

[hr]

The game Sherlock and John are playing in "Peel" is called Bananagrams. It's kind of like a lightning-fast version of Scrabble, where you make your own individual crosswords out of tiles. When you run out of tiles, you draw another one from the middle until all of the tiles are gone

5. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    loved the funny update with Steed and Peel and the others.

Great sets=D==D=

6. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Thanks earlybird! This set was a ton of fun to write; one of my favourites, I think. :D

Phantom of the Opera-ness, this time around. I was reading Master_Jaina1011?s UCD5 Week 19, which had Phantom influences, and I guess it just stuck in my head. :p Also, for once, this set forms a story. Think of it as little slices of said story and use your imagination to form the bigger picture. ;) Fun, right? :D

[blockquote][b]XIX[/b][/blockquote]

[b]Theatre[/b]

The words ?let?s go to the theatre? brought many images to mind ? Shakespeare, the Old Vic, sometimes West End musicals ? but breaking into the Her Majesty?s Theatre?s backstage in the middle of the night usually wasn?t one of them.

A theatre really shouldn?t be all that different from the other places they had broken into, but something about it insisted on being creepy. Maybe it was the looming shadows of the set pieces or the muffled silence of the hanging costumes.

Or maybe it was Sherlock sneaking around with his face partially obscured by the Phantom of the Opera?s mask.

[b]Singing[/b]

Sherlock pressed the tips of his fingers together as he observed the stage below. It was a magnificent performance, to be sure. It had all the appropriate airs and graces and opulence for this kind of show. It was divine. It was beautiful.

It was also very, very clever ? and completely worth the amount of money he had spent on the tickets.

?It?s her, John.?

?Really??

?There are two things I?ve learned about her tonight. She?s a damn good liar and she plays a wonderful Christine Daaé.?

?How can you tell??

Sherlock chuckled. ?Her voice. Her singing gives her away.?

[b]Jokes[/b]

She smiled when she opened the door. ?Well isn?t this appropriate. A dark, mysterious man calling at a young actress? dressing room door after a performance. Didn?t you bring a rose??

?I think you have quite the collection already,? Sherlock said, eyeing the dozens of red roses that lay across her bureau. ?It seems you have quite the admirer.?

?Or admirers,? she said.

He raised an eyebrow. ?Admirer,? he corrected.

She folded her arms. ?Do you think this is a joke, Mr Holmes??

?No jokes,? he said. ?Murder is not an amusing thing, or so I?ve been led to believe.?

[b]Guests[/b]

?That was quite the performance.?

?Go away.?

?Congratulations.?

She glared at him, her eyes gleaming furiously under layers of smoky eyeshadow and mascara. ?Get lost!?

?Oh, trust me,? Sherlock said, ?I am. I am very, very lost as I fail to see why you bothered opening the door in the first place. You obviously knew it was John and I standing on your front step.?

She didn?t look impressed. ?I already told you??

?If you think about it,? he continued, ?we?re technically your guests since you [i]did[/i] open the door for us.?

She slammed the door in his face.

[b]Puppets[/b]

?I have to say, I?m not entirely sure why you agreed to it.?

?Liar.?

?Really??

?Your sense of theatricality is almost as great as my own. You know exactly why.?

?You were a [i]puppet.[/i] You had no freedom. That must have been difficult.?

?It was all part of the act.? She paused. ?Oh, look, here come some officers. I guess they don?t want us chatting.?

?No.?

?Before I go, Sherlock ? despite all the great things you?ve done, have you considered you?re just a puppet, too??

He raised an eyebrow. ?If it?s any comfort, I?m sure you look wonderful in handcuffs.?

[hr]

I swear, any reference to the 2009 RDJ film was completely accidental! I didn?t even notice it until I finished writing. :p

7. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    ?Where else would I go to get a riding crop??[face_laugh]

A couple of the prompts from set 19 reminded me of you.

?we?re technically your guests since you did open the door for us.? Technicalities. :p

8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice story and you can see the play before you.

Sherlock is great=D=

9. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Fels
    A couple of the prompts from set 19 reminded me of you.

Aww, really? Was it because of my drama student-ness? :p

Technicalities.

Who needs ?em? :p

earlybird
    Yay! Thanks. I?m glad that you could see the story play out! :D I wasn?t exactly sure how well it would work? 8-}

Thanks for reading! [:D]

Did you know?

[b][color=white][hl=yellow]This is my 10,000 post?![/hl][/color][/b]

So long, pretty blue stars, hello, massive? black? one? ah?

:p

Anyway, to commemorate my 10,000 post in a way that doesn?t fully blind everyone with an overuse of solar power (here, have some sunglasses! [face_cool] ), I decided that I would use my 10,000th post to update with Set XX. :D [face_dancing]

[hr]

[blockquote][b]XX[/b][/blockquote]

[b]Girl[/b]

Molly clutched her clipboard, eyeing Sherlock hopefully.

?So, what are you doing??

?I am trying to concentrate.? He pressed an eye against the eyepiece.

Molly gave a feeble laugh and scanned his work station. The microscope, the beakers, the pages of notes that littered the workspace ? and a photograph. The photograph was new. And it was of a woman. A very beautiful woman.

?Who?s she??

?Her name is Irene Adler.?

?Oh??

?She?s an actress.?

?I see.? Molly smiled timidly. ?So, why are you interested in her??

Sherlock gave her an odd look. ?Oh, it?s purely professional, Molly, I assure you.?

[b]Secret[/b]

?Sherlock, if you don?t stop harassing us during the press conferences, I?m going to have to put my foot down.?

?Stomp is more like it. You and your colleagues are like a herd of elephants whenever you go somewhere.?

?Just stop sending the journalists texts saying that we?re wrong, you?re making us look like idiots.?

?You [i]are[/i] idiots.?

?Stop. Or I?ll find out how you?re managing it.?

Sherlock grinned. ?No, you won?t. I invented it.?

?Yes, well, whenever you feel like sharing??

?Feel free to stomp away, then, Detective Inspector. That?s a secret that isn?t meant to be shared.?

[b]Blood[/b]

Sherlock collapsed against the wall, taking deep breaths.

?Thanks,? he muttered when he could speak.

?Don?t mention it,? John said. ?Next time you get locked in an airtight cell, you know who to call.?

Sherlock chuckled.

?Why the hell did you go in there? You could have asphyxiated.?

?Blame it on a sudden rush of blood to the head,? Sherlock said. ?Or?? He paused and crawled towards the busted, open door. His eyes scanned the edge, locating a small, dark stain near the bottom. ?Or,? he continued, ?call it an extravagant and potentially self-harming way of finding the murder weapon.?

[b]Magic[/b]

?How did you find out?? the boy asked eagerly. ?I didn?t believe them, but the police kept saying Auntie killed herself.?

?Well, the police were wrong,? John said.

?So, you?re better than the police??

?Immensely,? Sherlock said.

The boy paused. ?Did you find out by magic? I heard them say that it was like magic.?

Sherlock grimaced. ?There?s no such thing as magic,? he said bluntly. ?I use information ? reliable [i]data[/i] ? from what I can observe to make deductions about people and places around me.?

The boy stared, completely bewildered.

?Yeah?? John said. ?Better think of it as magic, Robbie.?

[b]Slayer[/b]

He had a fairly good idea of what he was getting himself into that night. The squad?s actions were predictable, and their leader was no different. When she showed up in the alleyway, he was not surprised to see she had chosen a skin-tight red dress and matching heels as her attire for her murderous soirée.

It was remarkably boring. He almost felt insulted.

Sherlock smirked. ?You look dressed to kill.?

A pistol appeared in her hand. ?But of course, Mr Holmes,? she said, pointing it at him. ?A girl always does her best.?

He rolled his eyes. ?How dull.?

[hr]

[blockquote][i]The end.[/i][/blockquote]

?BUT NOT!

To stop my writing from dying completely as I head into the busiest school term of my life, I?ve decided to continue this drabble thread for another twenty sets by doing UDC4.

10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    a great set for Sherlock and more;) love that[face_dancing][face_dancing]

11. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Aww, really? Was it because of my drama student-ness?

Yep.

This is my 10,000 post?!
    Congratulations!

?Just stop sending the journalists texts saying that we?re wrong, you?re making us look like idiots.?
    [face_laughing] That's awesome.

?Blame it on a sudden rush of blood to the head,? Sherlock said. ?Or?? He paused and crawled towards the busted, open door. His eyes scanned the edge, locating a small, dark stain near the bottom. ?Or,? he continued, ?call it an extravagant and potentially self-harming way of finding the murder weapon.?

Either or. :p

Great set. :)

12. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Okay! Time for me to stop lurking in my favourite drabbles thread and start replying again... :p

But of course she would! :p

:D I can totally picture him here.

Stomp, stomp, stomp! :p Sherlock's such a child sometimes... :p

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

[face_laugh] Obviously! :p

[face_laugh] I love Sherlock irritating John. :p Also, that's a very interesting game there! ;)

Yes!!! [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] (Also, another bit taken from the unaired pilot, am I right? :D)

And the scarf, too! [face_love]

Yeah, welcome to the club, Molly... :p

:oops: Ouch, that was harsh... :p

Ohhh, this is SO getting made into a comic! :D [face_love]

And all three drabbles with Irene are simply awesome. [face_love] :D

Teeheehee. :D

And John saves the day yet again! :D

[face_laugh]

So, all in all, a FANTASTIC set of drabbles, Idri! :D =D= =D= =D=

Can't wait to read more. ;)

Also: Funny, apparently you can't have more than 9 quotes in one post with proper markup... 8-}

13. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    earlybird
    Thanks! :D [:D]

Fels
    The texting "wrong" to the journalists at press conferences comes from the first episode. :p You hear Donovan complaining about it, but they never follows up on it because Lestrade admits he doesn't know how Sherlock manages it. :p

Either or.

Absolutely! ;)

Mar
    Okay! Time for me to stop lurking in my favourite drabbles thread and start replying again...

[face_batting] :* [:D]

But of course she would!

"Not your housekeeper, dear." :p She's too nice! They can get away with anything!

I can totally picture him here.

[face_laugh] Yeah! Jumping up and down with joy... :p

Stomp, stomp, stomp! tongue Sherlock's such a child sometimes...

I think he does realise that, but does it stop him? No. :p

I love Sherlock irritating John. tongue Also, that's a very interesting game there!

This was based on my early experiences playing the game. My eldest sister is a Scrabble wiz, so naturally she was really, really good at Bananagrams. I'm a decent player, too, but she is so lightning fast that it's almost impossible for me to get my tiles to fit before she starts yelling "Peel" over and over again and then I have this neat little pile of tiles that I can barely get to fit into my crossword. :p If you haven't played the game, you really need to check it out, it's a blast. ;)

(Also, another bit taken from the unaired pilot, am I right? grin )

Kind of, kind of not. :p I get the Byronic hero impression from all of the episodes, just because of that damn lovely coat... [face_love]

And the scarf, too!

Oh yes! Don't forget the scarf!

Yeah, welcome to the club, Molly...

[face_laugh] She's definitely not one of the first ones to join. :p

Ouch, that was harsh...

Well, he's not always the nicest person in the world... ;)

Ohhh, this is SO getting made into a comic!

If you ever want dialogue for that scene, just ask! I had some decent dialogue for it that didn't make it into the drabble. :)

... or I could just write "Theatre, mark 2". [face_thinking] :p

And all three drabbles with Irene are simply awesome.

I'm liking how my version of her is shaping out to be. Changing her from opera singer to Broadway star has been fun, but there's a whole bunch of other things about her that I'd like to get around to writing since I've developed a fairly solid background for her. Maybe I need to do a full-length fic... 8-}

And John saves the day yet again!

Naturally. :cool:

So, all in all, a FANTASTIC set of drabbles, Idri!

And they're all for you. :p [:D] I'm glad you're enjoying them Mar; after all, they wouldn't have existed if you didn't point me in the right direction in the first place. ;)

Also: Funny, apparently you can't have more than 9 quotes in one post with proper markup...

I know! How annoying... 8-}

14. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    I've decided that I'll be updating on Sundays. :) So -- UDC4, here I come! :D

[blockquote][b]XXI[/b][/blockquote]

[b]Flash in the Pan[/b]

?Well, that was??

?What??

?Actually, I don?t believe I have a word for what that was ? it was so utterly dull my brain seems to have forgotten about it already.?

?Oh. Good to know that the quickest-solved case is so unworthy of your attention.?

?It was unworthy of my attention!?

?Then why did you bother in the first place??

?I didn?t bother, I got dragged into it??

?Oh, no, you did bother. I remember you bothering. You had the case file and everything.?

?Fine. Okay. I bothered.?

?Why??

?Because I thought it looked interesting.?

Sherlock strode on ahead, moodily.

[b]Out on a Limb[/b]

John watched with an awestruck expression as Sherlock perched himself in the uppermost parts of the tree.

?Are you?re bloody insane??

?Shut up! I?m trying to concentrate.?

?On what?!? John paced around the base of the tree.

?I don?t know yet; I?ll let you know when I spot it.?

?Oh, that?s great.? He stuck his hands in his pockets and waited.

And waited.

?What can you possibly do up a tree that you can?t do with two feet on the ground?? John shouted after several minutes.

Sherlock peered down from his leafy roost.

?I can see what the murderer saw.?

[b]Out of the Blue[/b]

?How long is this going to take?? John asked, watching Sherlock add a solvent to the solution in the beaker.

?Be patient.?

?I am being patient. I?ve been patient for?? John checked his watch ? ?twenty-six hours.?

?Then go to bed.?

?Oh, no. I want to see how this ends.?

?I told you, you don?t have to wait up. This process takes time.?

?What process?! All I?ve seen you do all day is mix? [i]stuff[/i] together!?

Sherlock spun his chair around. ?It?s not stuff,? he said. ?I don?t do [i]stuff.?[/i]

Suddenly, the solution turned blue.

?Aha! I?ve got you now.?

[b]Wet Behind the Ears[/b]

Molly had been taken with him from the moment she laid eyes on him. When she looked back from that first meeting in her lab, she knew that she should have known better. He only pretended to like her because he wanted something from her ? usually access to dead bodies or an autopsy report. She tried to ignore him; he always spoiled everything. But still, she couldn?t help it. If she refused, he would just smile at her or say something about her hair and then she?d be head over heels again?

She was stupid to fall for Sherlock Holmes.

[b]Heat of the Moment[/b]

?Oh my God, I?m [i]surrounded[/i] by idiots!?

Those had been the immortal first words that Sergeant Sally Donovan had ever heard out of Sherlock Holmes? mouth. She had been completely taken aback by this mad stranger who had no business being at the crime scene and who had managed to insult the entire squad. When she asked Lestrade about it later, he said that it had been a heat of the moment thing and that it probably wouldn?t happen again.

Lestrade was wrong.

By now, Sally thought she had heard every single possible variant of the ?surrounded by idiots? line.

15. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    [face_laugh]

John Watson, the man who waited. :p

"Gotcha"? I don't know, is that really a word that Sherlock would use? Hmm. Doesn't fit, IMHO. But that's just me. :)

Missing a "was" somewhere in there? :p

After trying to explain the difference between Central Daylight Time and Eastern Standard Time to an Indian Project Manager for half an hour today, I agree with Sherlock on this issue... :oops: [face_tired]

16. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    I have a terrible secret to divulge. [face_blush] I have been lurking here . . . in a stalky lurker-y kinda way complete with shifty eyes and muddy footprints. Do stalkers leave muddy footprints? It seemed like an apt description at the time . . . :oops:

Anyway, I have sat down, and am completely determined to write out my thoughts. ;) (You will have to suffer a very long review as a result ? I am merely warning you. ;))

First off, I have to thank Mars for introducing you to this brilliance (and me by extension). This show is so much fun to dabble with! [:D]

And then . . .

Week One::

I love the way you show Holmes's and John's relationship. It's fast paced, there's bickering, but there's a camaraderie and respect there. Companion was my favorite of the set ? let me talk at you. Perfect!

Dimensions was a sobering and captivating creepy look at Holmes's psyche though. So much fun! =D=

Week Two:

Island: what a great way to describe it! Until the 'genius' part, I completely sympathized with Sherlock. :p Then he was in a league of his own ? as he often is. [face_laugh]

Survival: Okay, I loved seeing John in a savior role. [face_love] This was the funnest of the set. :)

Week Three:

Far: Oh dear God, the laughter. It won't stop . . . [face_laugh] [face_laugh][face_laugh]

Maybe he and Sherlock were more similar than they thought. They were hopeless prisoners to excitement and God help them if boredom ever came to the rescue.

You have a beautiful knack for these characters ? that was something that I was struck by time and time again reading these. =D=

Peacekeepers: I like how Shakespeare managed to make its way into this for you. ;) This was a fun drabble ? talk at. Nice. [face_laugh]

Week Four:

99: That was brilliant!!! The comic that went with it rocked even more still. [face_laugh] =D=

Shoe: I think that this summed Sherlock up in a drabble. I loved it ? the deduction made from a single object, the banter, the lightning fast determinations and wonky genius. Perfect. :)

Week Five

Bat [face_laugh]!!!!

. . . and then Wonder followed through on the same vein . . . Oh, but it was hard to keep from laughing repeatedly with this week. (And for most of the sets, now that I think of it. [face_thinking]:p)

Week Six

Fixed: What a chivilrous guy. [face_laugh]:rolleyes:

Dark: "I've merely found a hundred ways how not to make a lightbulb." [face_laugh] His logic is fascinating. ;)

Week Seven

Iron: Weird effect . . . that's one way to put it. *shuders*

Challenge: Ciphers within ciphers. Of course ? I was totally going to guess that. 8-} Ow, even your drabble Sherlock makes my ehad hurt. [face_laugh]

Week Eight

Ducks: Obviously. Everyone knows that. :p There was more of Sherlock hurting heads there. He should come with a label warning about that sort of thing. ;)

And then I couldn't figure out for the life of me if I enjoyed Gizmo or Tales better, so I figured that I'd cave and say that they were both bloody brilliant pieces of writing. Dear God ? your banter is spot on! =D=

Week Nine:

Retired for the win here. Lovely back and forth ? as usual. [face_laugh]

Week Ten

Pilot: I shall stop laughing. Really, any time now . . . [face_laugh]

And then I adored Lestrade ? like, a lot. He's no Sherlock, but he is quick witted and adorable in his own right. [face_love]

Week Eleven

Office: [face_laugh]!! Of course that is the reason he wants to be a slob. Secretaries. Got it. [face_laugh]

Temp: I loved how the title worked its way into this fic. A very fun piece of writing with

17. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    Apparently Mira and I are really bad at lurking!

SO I have caught a few here and there, and I love them! So freaking funny! I think I need to see this show...[face_laugh]

Glad to see you're continuing this!

[:D]

Master_Jaina

18. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    You're welcome! :) I'm glad I could spread the love for this fantastic TV series. :D But I prefer to be called Mar, if you don't mind... :p

19. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    So, today we have learned that Mar is to blame for everything I do. That is all. It's her fault. ;) :p

There are worse names for you out there, Sherlockette [face_mischief].

(Yes, I've already dared to draw that out of my back pocket :p )

And yes. Many thanks to you, since you are the direct cause of much of my insanity these days. :p [:D]

[face_laugh] Very apt, Mar, very apt.

Yeah, I wrote this set about two or three weeks ago or so... I've been milling about that word for a while. Sometimes it fits, sometimes it doesn't. It totally depends on the inflection and how it is spoken; unfortunately, I don't have the word space to describe how I imagine he says it (and it makes sense for him to say it the way he's saying it in my head :p ), so I've decided to take it out and replace it with something else. :p

Yes. Yes, there was. ;)

You poor thing. [:D]

... and... yeah... you poor thing. [:D]

They will leave muddy footprints if they've walked through mud and forgot to clean their shoes. :p

I'm glad to finally see you here! [:D] Oh, and I always love your reviews - you can't scare me with a long one, since I'll always love them! [face_love] [:D] Any review is good, IMO. ;)

Thanks! :D They are a lot of fun to write. I think I connect with both of them a lot, so that's what makes it fun. These drabbles have really helped me getting into character for the vignettes I've been writing as well. :)

Yes! [face_laugh] Well, despite Shakespeare, that has more to do with the fact that my sister had a skull named Yorick for a while - until she realised that it was a female skull and she and her partner decided that "Yorick" wouldn't fit it very well anymore... so they just called it The Skull.

(Though apparently now they're calling it Lucy, or so I heard a couple of weeks back)

Though I do get such a kick out of the skull, that it keeps popping up here and there throughout these drabbles. ;)

Ciphers are fun. ;) :D I love messing around with them, but I can only really work on the simple ones (like the pigpen cipher). The rest just make my head hurt if I think about them too much. :p 8-}

Especially the way Rupert Graves plays him... [face_love]

Oh, absolutely! You can't live with Sherlock without being affected by him someho

20. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    And it all began when I read your hilariously bizarre "When Characters Are Victimized". :p I then decided to write a HP/DW crossover with you (which we still haven't gotten around to, but whatever), we became friends and I started to give you recommendations for TV shows. :p

Yes, thank you, Jane... :p

Heh. Let's just say it was a major *headdesk* moment... :p And a lot of my other colleagues complain about them - they're a new team of Project Managers in India and they tend to mess up a lot. Plus they're pretty hard to understand on the phone, the Indian accent is just terrible! 8-}

Who cares about quotes... [face_talk_hand]

21. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    :oops: 8-}

I think my fingers gave up at the sheer amount of typing before me. [face_laugh] If not, I plead the blonde case in my behalf . . . ;)

Well then, I was a lurker who forgot to clean her shoes. [face_laugh]

And it was my pleasure to leave the review - you deserved that one and quite a few more. ;) :D

I am sooo predictable. [face_whistling] ;)

Bah, they're overrated. [face_laugh]

I broke the laughing face on my reply . . . o_O Yep . . . I think that the boards were trying to tell me something. [face_whistling]

~MJ @};-

22. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    You know, I just realised that I didn't retain the fact that you had read WCAV. :p Oh man, that was AGES ago... back when I was young and uncorrupted, but still very, very insane. The whole insanity issue hasn't gotten any better.

O:) [face_batting]

Just remember, you're the one who started it, so any pain that comes from those nicknames can be traced strictly back to you, my dear. ;)

Well, the better you know someone, the more predictable they become. ;) For example, anything weird having to do with Sherlock, Jekyll, Doctor Who or Life on Mars most likely will come from my Muse. And Mar will probably be found at the root of it. [face_laugh]

It's a good thing, though! I think... :p

Okay, Sunday Update Time! Then it's back to my awesome, awesome dramatic lit essay idea which is making me way too excited for my own good... :p

[blockquote][b]XXII[/b][/blockquote]

[b]Impossible[/b]

?Impossible? was a word Sherlock heard frequently. It was usually applied to him ? ?That?s impossible!? or ?You?re impossible!?

He would be quite rich if he charged even the smallest amount of money for every time he heard it.

When the word ?impossible? arrived, he either smiled in response and continued on with his work, or became so irritated by it that he explained, very rapidly, why what he did was not entirely impossible and that any fool could do it if they chose to be observant.

Though, he supposed, it was also ?impossible? that such a thing would ever happen.

[b]Unlikely[/b]

?That?s? impossible,? John said.

Sherlock rolled his eyes. ?Oh, God, haven?t we gone over the impossible thing already??

?Yes. Too many times.?

?Then why do we have to go over it again?!?

?I don?t know ? habit, maybe! It?s not my fault you do stuff like this!?

?Then clearly if I can manage it, then it?s not impossible, just very, very unlikely.?

?Oh, fine, all right,? John snapped. ?That?s [i]unlikely.?[/i]

?Good!? Sherlock said. He paused and frowned. ?Better.?

?What??

?I still wish that you?d stop saying those things aloud.?

Sherlock ignored him and took off down the path, leaving John behind.

[b]Reasonable[/b]

?Sherlock, please be reasonable.?

?I?m busy, Mycroft. I don?t have time to be reasonable, or to go running after some problem you?ve let loose. What have you done now? Caused a recession? Endangered Great Britain??

?Your wit is slipping, I see.?

?As is your diet. Is it too much trouble for you now??

?My diet is fine, thank you very much.?

?Of course. I can see that [i]quite[/i] clearly.?

Mycroft sighed. ?As always, your sarcasm is tedious.?

Sherlock raised an eyebrow. ?I wouldn?t expect anything else from you, Mycroft. Now run along, I?ve had enough familial schemes for one day.?

[b]Probable[/b]

Lestrade stood with his arms folded, staring at Sherlock as if he were bloody insane. It was a familiar pose, one that he found himself in frequently. He was beginning to wonder whether he should change it up now and then, for variety?s sake.

?So,? he said.

?It?s most likely,? Sherlock replied.

?Most likely??

?Probable.?

?Probable? How is it probable? No, don?t give me a full explanation, just tell me why it?s ?probable? that she scaled the wall and then jumped from roof top to roof top like an acrobat.?

Sherlock gave him an odd look. ?She [i]is[/i] an acrobat.?

[b]Definite[/b]

John looked at two photographs as Sherlock paced impatiently around the room.

?I don?t think they look anything alike.?

Sherlock groaned. ?Why is th

23. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I am LOVING Sundays for this. :D

Impossible

I was reminded here Jack Sparrow outlining the differences between 'impossible' and 'improbable.' [face_laugh]

Though, he supposed, it was also ?impossible? that such a thing would ever happen.

Ah, it is such pain to be surrounded be mere mortals, eh Sherlock? :p

You did a wonderful job getting into his head with this. =D=

Unlikely: Yeah, so there. [face_laugh] Such childishness. :p

Reasonable: Ah, the joy of siblings. :oops: [face_laugh] Your banter is most enjoyable here. [face_laugh]

Probable: Well then, if you put it that way. :p I adore Lestrade - and I find my head hurting along with his most of the time. :oops: The lines about changing the poses were adorable, and Sherlock's rejoinder clever, as always. =D=

Definite: [face_laugh]!!

She?s a trained actress, she can be whoever the hell she wants to be!?

?Yes,? John said. ?So, clearly she?s fooled me.?

I adore John's droll sarcasm. He's a great foil to Holmes in more ways than one. =D=

As always, great work with these! =D=

[face_dancing]

~MJ @};-

24. Overboard4aFel

Overboard4aFel Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 16, 2010
    This is awesome!! I just [face_love] this BBC's Sherlock... He's got such spunk without being absolutely ridiculous... And I like Benedict Cumberbatch... Seen him in a couple of things now, and he's a superb actor...

And you have caught that snarky relationship between the two brilliantly!

I think my fav line of your drabbles has to be:

"There?s a large cloud of idiocy on this generation?s police forces,? Sherlock said lightly.

?Oh? so you were just talking about the police, then??

?Of course, what did you think I was talking about? The criminals are much smarter nowadays than they used to be. Kudos to them.?

[face_laughing]

I [face_love] this!! :D!!

O4aF

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Ah! I came in after O4aF and got a sweet Idri fix.

[face_love]

and rofl!