main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends **She's Every Woman**, L/M Songfic ****AUTHOR'S NOTE 7/23****

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by cheersweetie27, May 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cheersweetie27

cheersweetie27 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    Title: She's Every Woman
    Author: cheersweetie27
    Characters: Luke and Mara
    Summary: Luke reflects on the woman in his life.
    Notes: This is a songfic to the song She's Every Womanby Garth Brooks. I do not own Star Wars or the lyrics. I haven't posted anything on these boards for awhile, and I am trying to get back into writing, so I hope you guys enjoy this!

She's Every Woman
    She's sun and rain, she's fire and ice

Mara Jade. I may be a simple farmboy from a backwater planet, but I have never met a woman as delightfully frustrating as the former Emperor?s Hand. I look at her and see so much potential brimming just beneath the surface, not only as a possible Jedi candidate for my new academy, but as a person who has regained some meaning in her life. For so long after the Emperor?s death, she was merely focused on taking my life, and now I want nothing more than to help give her a new life of her own- one of fulfillment and happiness. Sometimes I think she understands; that she wants this too. She?ll come to visit for a while at the academy and I start to think that maybe there is hope for her training, but then I blink and she?s gone again.

A little crazy but it's nice

I can honestly say that I am probably the only person alive who would ever describe Mara Jade as amusing. Maybe I?m just the only person who appreciates her dry wit. Or could it be that I?m the only person she feels comfortable enough to truly relax around? Now don?t get me wrong, things aren?t always like this between us, but I don?t think even Mara realizes how much it means to me when we spend time together, just being ourselves no matter what other people may think about us for it.

And when she gets mad, you best leave her alone

Another thing that I can truly say that I have grown to understand about Mara: her temper. Believe me, when she gets fired up about something, you do not want to be in her path, and may the Force help the poor soul that gets this woman mad. Unfortunately, I have learned this lesson the hard way. I have seen Mara?s face turn the brilliant red color of her hair, all while she is cursing like a Rogue, usually because of some way in which I have wronged her. Being the pacifist that I am, I always try to reconcile our differences during episodes such as these. After this long, maybe I should have learned that it?s best to just let her work off her steam alone.

'Cause she'll rage just like a river

I?ll never really understand why such little things always seem to infuriate her so. As I said before, she has no problem pointing out what I have done to make her mad. She calls me ?Farmboy? and ?Jedi? with such anger in her voice at these times that it stings. I wish she would call me Luke every now and then.

Then she'll beg you to forgive her

As often as Mara and I may fight, which seems to be every time that we?re around each other, she always apologizes afterwards. Now you have to understand that when I say Mara Jade apologizes, I don?t mean in the way that a regular person would with a simple ?I?m sorry?. No, you have to look a bit deeper to recognize her efforts. Usually she hunts me down and starts up a casual conversation about something or other, never mentioning the argument we have had not long before. But I can always see it in her eyes- that desperate plea for me to forgive her, and of course I always do.

She's every woman that I've ever known.

She's so New York and then L.A.

Because of her background as an Imperial spy and assassin, Mara is used to blending in to any atmosphere. I guess that?s why I didn?t notice her in Jabba?s Palace so many years ago; she was as comfortable as a dance girl on the desert planet Tatooine as she was as a member of the Imperial Court on Coruscaunt.

And every town alon

2. verybusy

verybusy Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 18, 2006
    I really like this characterization. :D

Well done! =D=

cheers,

VeryBusy

3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I can very much see Mara in that song. Very nicely done cheersweetie27.

4. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    I love it! You've captured Luke's voice quite nicely and expressed his thoughts about Mara so endearingly.

Bravo! =D= =D=

5. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Very nice! I love fics where Luke ponders the enigma that is his wife. [face_love] So sweet. I really love the idea of Mara flying from one side of the galaxy to the next just to wake up in bed with him. [face_love]

Great job!

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks for showing so beautifully and poetically all the facets of Mara that I love so totally. :D [:D] =D=

7. cheersweetie27

Jul 20, 2003
    verybusy-
    Thanks!!

Healer Leona-
    Thank you. She was what I immediately thought of the first time I heard it.

Jade_Pilot-
    [face_blush] Thanks

ginchy-
    You gotta love that L/M mush!!

Jade_eyes-
    You're welcome! Thanks for reading!!

Thanks to all my readers!! It's really good to be back here posting!

8. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    That was beautiful.

You did a great job capturing every essence of Mara's character and I love Luke's recognition of her many talents and faults and loves her anyway.

=D= =D= =D= =D=

9. cheersweetie27

Jul 20, 2003
    KELIA-
    I'm glad you enjoyed it, and thanks for reading!!

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Thank you so much to those of you who nominated this story for the summer awards. I have to say, it was completely unexpected but is a very welcome surprise. This is the first time one of my stories has been nominated so it is quite exciting all around. Once again, thank you so much to all of my readers and for those of you who took the time to nominate this fic!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.