main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Shimi's Kidnapping part of the bigger plot?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by achtungdaibut, May 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. achtungdaibut

achtungdaibut Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    Perhaps her kidnapping was put in place by the Sith to start Anakin's journey to the darkside?

After seeing ROTS and how Palpatine plays on his Anakin's new fear of losing Padme and other threads where it's discussed whether Anakin's nightmares are Sith mind control/tricks. It reminds me how Vader coaxes Luke to Bespin. Remember he tortures Han Solo. Never asks him any questions. Why? Because he know's it'll draw Luke to Bespin through the pain and suffering.

They (Tusken's) raided the Skywalker farm and took her away. But then did nothing other than keep her alive and torture her.

It also telling that Yoda senses in TPM that most of Anakin's fear comes from losing his mother. Something perhaps sensed also by the Sith and then played on.

It wouldn't be the first time they manipulated a race/species to draw out the Jedi.

2. SithLord4488

SithLord4488 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    huh, i never thought of that but it is a logical point, maybe that was lucas' true intention

3. thejazzman

thejazzman Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2005
    I totally thought that when it was put on screen. Just like making Solo suffer in ESB. I just wished that it had been made clear with a tieing in scene. Without it we are only left to speculation.

4. Anakins_Lost_Father

Anakins_Lost_Father Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2005
    speculation makes up alot of this forum...lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.