main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spok, WA Shinai group order

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by the_black_smudge, Aug 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the_black_smudge

the_black_smudge Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2004
    Greetings all, as those of you at the BBQ are aware, I am putting together a group order for shinai (the bamboo kendo swords we use in saber practice) from e-bogu.com. It is my hope that everyone who plans to participate in the saber training will get one. I am most willing to loan out what I have but I have only 4 standard shinai. The customs that I have made have their uses and are great fun, but the best training comes from the standard ones as these best approximate the dimentions of a lightsaber.
    If we can manage to order at least 4 I can get them for $25.00 each, if we can order 10 the price MAY go down to around $21 each. I do not need the $$ right away, I am simply putting this out to see if anyone is interested.

Please post here if you would like in on this and how many you would like.

2. The_Cheeser

The_Cheeser Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 16, 2005
    I am interested.

3. Dark_Jedi_Nasman

Dark_Jedi_Nasman Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 17, 2006
  4. Raph1613

Raph1613 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2004
    I'm very interested in purchasing a Shinai that I can customize.

Unfortunately, it could be more than a month before I have any spare money... I'm trying to scrounge enough money for a trip to the Coast next month. My little sister is getting married.

EDIT: Thank you smudge for the link. I look forward to droolling when I have more time.....

5. the_black_smudge

May 24, 2004
    Ok, I have gotten some interest for this so it's time to finalize things. Please post here with the # you are committing to buy. Price is $25 per shinai if we order between 4 and 9 of them. If we can get 10 of them, the price drops to $21 each

6. JarusSarn

JarusSarn Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2004
    Kelli and I are probably interested in 2, but we'll have to look at this month's finances before we commit to anything.

7. Dark_Jedi_Nasman

Dark_Jedi_Nasman Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 17, 2006
    I am interested in two myself.

8. Abba_Suna_Delnara

Abba_Suna_Delnara Jedi Youngling

Jul 16, 2007
    We need 2. Are there different sizes depending on whether you are a youth. One would be for sam. If so we might need three two adult one youth.

Thanks, Abba_suna

9. the_black_smudge

May 24, 2004
    yes, there are different sizes available

10. the_black_smudge

May 24, 2004
    Ok folks, let's get this going! bring me the $$ and I'll get the sticks ordered. (sorry but I can't afford to front the whole $100). I'll post records on here of who has paid and for what, as well as order status. If anyone is curious, I'm going through www.e-bogu.com, a company I have dealt with many times. They have the best shinai I have ever seen and great prices to boot!
    I will take cash, checks or paypal, whichever is easiest!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.