main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Shining Light #2 Freedom From Fear

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by imzadi, Dec 4, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    That's a good point. Maybe I'll do what I did for this one, and just include links at both ends. (At the end of "The Cave", and the start of this one).

Thanks for the advice Jodiwent!

2. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Oh yay! I couldn't get online for two days, but now there are two new excellent posts! Woohoo!
    All right, Ritan got arrested! That's okay that you don't say anything else about him, I'll just imagine now that he gets his butt kicked in jail, how's that? Mwuhahahahaha! :)
    Awww, poor lil' Obi! At least Qui knows what happened to him know. The poor little guy! Awww....
    I love this story, and I hate to see it end, so I will be greatly looking forward to more of them! :) You're awesome, imzadi! :)

3. imzadi

Sep 19, 2000
    Here is the second last post :( Only one more. This part is not overly exciting, sorry. Hope you like!

As Qui-Gon made his way to the medicine cabinet, he re-examined what his Padawan had told him. The poor boy had suffered like that to ease the fears of young Ivy. If Obi-Wan had not been injured he would have smiled with pride. Another thing that concerned Qui-Gon was that Obi-Wan had used the force in such a manner with so little training. It was definitely time for him to start classes.

When he returned to the ?fresher, Obi-Wan had already bathed and had begun to dress. Knowing his Master would want to treat the bruise, he had not bothered to put on his tunic.
    ?Why don?t we sit out in the common room, Padawan?? Jinn suggested, gathering his apprentice?s tunic.
    ?Okay Master,? Obi-Wan agreed.

Sitting down on the lounge, Qui-Gon helped up his apprentice. Squeezing a considerable amount of bacta onto his hand, Qui-Gon began to rub it on the bruise. Obi-Wan winced and tried to pull his arm away.
    ?It?s alright Padawan, just a bit more,? Qui-Gon soothed, his words reassuring Obi-Wan. While he was applying the cream, Qui-Gon thought of the best way to bring up the subject of Obi-Wan starting classes. He was unsure if Obi-Wan would be happy with the idea.
    ?Padawan,? he began gently. ?I?ve thought about how you said you ?mind tricked? Ritan.? At his words Obi-Wan gulped. ?I think it?s time for you to start classes.? Obi-Wan simply stared at him, surprised by the idea.
    ?You will learn to control those skills, as well as learn new ones,? Qui-Gon informed him.
    ?Yes Master,? a bright smile appeared on Obi-Wan?s features.

TBC

4. Kaylla Norn

Kaylla Norn Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 2000
    Jodiwent has a valid point, a new thread might get more new readers... what you could do is at the end of this one is put the link to the next story so people can go directly from here to the new thread (that you have started) And then at the beinging of the new thread put the links to all the others that way, new readers can find everything else too...

Now down to busness... Please Post post post post Please!!!!

5. imzadi

Sep 19, 2000
    Thanks Bastet and Kaylla Norn! I'll post the last bit tomorrow (my time). Thanks for your replies! *sniff*

6. imzadi

Sep 19, 2000
    It's actually already been archived, so I don't see the point in waiting, but I would like some replies!

When he had finished applying the cream, Qui-Gon handed Obi-Wan his tunic and helped him pull it over his head when Obi-Wan once again winced at the pain the movement caused.
    ?It should be much better in a few hours,? Qui-Gon assured him. After a moment of silence Jinn continued, ?Padawan??
    ?Yes Master?? Obi-Wan responded, his wide green eyes meeting his Master?s due to the seriousness of the elder Jedi?s tone. The news of starting classes forgotten.
    ?Ritan has been arrested,? he said allowing the statement to hang in the air. Obi-Wan looked continued to look up at him, confusion and nervousness clouding his expression.
    ?He was responsible for the sabotage on the transport,? Jinn explained studying his Padawan?s reaction. At first he was surprised and confused, but as he processed the information he began to understand.
    ?That?s why he was so angry?? Obi-Wan asked hesitantly.
    ?I suspect he thought you had perhaps uncovered something,? Qui-Gon began. ?As I have told you before, people are often wary of the Jedi, especially those who have something to hide. He became so angry because he was afraid of being discovered,? he concluded.
    ?Do you understand Padawan?? Jinn asked gently.
    ?Yes Master. It?s like Master Yoda says, fear leads to anger,? Obi-Wan responded, unintentionally saying the latter part aloud. Qui-Gon nodded in understanding and smiled at his apprentice?s use of the quote.
    ?Master? Why did he do that? Why was he so angry at those people?? Obi-Wan asked in a small voice.
    ?He?s part of a group that doesn?t think the way the Senate does. He did that to try and change their decision,? Qui-Gon explained, trying to put it into terms the five year old would understand.
    ?Are the Senate people afraid of him now?? Obi-Wan asked.
    ?Possibly,? was all Jinn could answer. He sensed there was a different motivation behind his apprentice?s question.
    ?Are you afraid of him now?? Qui-Gon prompted gently.
    ?Maybe a little bit,? came the reply after a few moments of silence as Obi-Wan contemplated his answer.
    ?He cannot harm you or anyone else now,? he answered, taking a deep breath before continuing. ?Padawan, as a Jedi you will learn to control your fear. But being a Jedi does not mean you are never afraid, only that you can move beyond your fear, and defeat it. You will be free from its control,? he explained. Obi-Wan thought about his Master?s words and knew they were true.
    ?I will teach you,? Qui-Gon added.
    After a short silence he looked up at Qui-Gon with a small smile once again playing on his features.
    ?Yes Master,? he answered.

The End

7. imzadi

Sep 19, 2000
    Thank you everyone who has been reading this! I realise some ppl haven't had time to check back lately, but when you guys get the time I would really appreciate your comments! Once again, thank you and I hope you enjoyed it!

The next part, which will possibly include the resolution of the whole Ritan thing, will be ready in a few days. So if you're interested please keep an eye out, and I will post the link here so you can find it.

Thanks again. I really enjoyed writing this and I hope you enjoyed reading it!

Imzadi

8. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    The End wow, I wasn't exspecting it that soon.

Teach that boy Qui-Gon!

I'll be waiting for the next.

9. Kaylla Norn

Mar 2, 2000
    Awe that was sweet! I can't wait for the next story to start!

10. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Absolutely loved it imzadi.

Now this is the way life should of been for my favorite Jedi. Finding each other years before the 'official' meeting.

I'll be watching for the next stories with great anticipation.

11. imzadi

Sep 19, 2000
    Thanks Jodiwent, Kaylla Norn, and Healer Leona!!! I'll work my hardest to get the next one out soon! (By that I mean in a couple of days *g*)

Imzadi

12. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    The end already? Well, I knew it was coming, but it's always sad to see a fun story end. On the other hand, a new part will coming soon so there's something to look forward to. :) I've really enjoyed this and will be keeping my eye out for the next.

13. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    It's over already? *sniff*
    I loved this story! Lil' Obi is soooooooooo cute!! :)
    I am now eagerly awaiting the next story, can't wait to see what it's about! You're awesome, imzadi!! :)

14. qoataza

qoataza Jedi Youngling star 3

May 11, 2000
    Excellent tale by imzadi once again!

15. imzadi

Sep 19, 2000
    Aww thanks, Abbi Cee, Bastet, and Quataza!! I really appreciate your comments, they're really encouraging! I'll post the next bit as soon as it's ready!

16. Kaylla Norn

Mar 2, 2000
  17. imzadi

Sep 19, 2000
  18. HaiGan

HaiGan Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2000
    Self-advertisement works, imzadi, I followed the link in your sig to find this story.

Very nice little fic. I like the character development you've got in there for little Obi, and I particularly like the way Qui-Gon fathers him without being patronising- very much as he treats Anakin in TPM. Good characterisation, that. Well done!

19. imzadi

Sep 19, 2000
    Wow, thanks!

Just so everyone knows, at this stage the next story I will be posting (if all goes to plan), is actually going to be their first meeting and Qui taking him as a Padawan. So as you can imagine I have to work extra hard on it. There are so many good fics out there about that, and I want to do something different. That said, I'm still planning on posting it in a few days!

I hope you'll come and check it out!

Imzadi

20. Kaylla Norn

Mar 2, 2000
    Oh definitley!!!!

21. imzadi

Sep 19, 2000
    Seventy! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.