ship name for DT's fan film-suggestions in-poll started

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by Darth_Trayolphia, Apr 12, 2009.

?

ship name for DT's fan film-suggestions in-poll started

Poll closed Apr 27, 2009.
Void Stalker 4 vote(s) 30.8%
Hope's Shadow 5 vote(s) 38.5%
Knights Blade 1 vote(s) 7.7%
Dark Star 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Onyx Harrier 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Forgotten Legacy 1 vote(s) 7.7%
Eternal Light 1 vote(s) 7.7%
Obsidian Skyhawk 1 vote(s) 7.7%
Celestial Wayfarer 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Skywalkers Shadow 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Trayolphia Jedi Knight

star 1
    to refresh peoples memory, in our film we have custom designed a ship, using design elements from both the millenium falcon, the ebon hawk, and a few other places.

this ship is owned/operated by the 50th generation descendant of the skywalker bloodline.
    and without givin too much away, is in a position of very high stature in the governmental system. this ship serves as a kind of personal yacht...with heavy armaments.

but now the issue of giving the ship a name has come up. i have left a thread runnig here and a few other places to get ship name suggestions, and now, i and a few other involved in the making of the film have picked out the 20 we like the most, and now leave it up to you guys to vote for your favorites. poll will go for a fortnight, then we'll pick out the top 5, and start another poll for a week to decide which name we use.

here are some pics as well

[img http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee31 ... ship16.png [/img]
    [img http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee31 ... ship20.png [/img]
    [img http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee31 ... ship19.png [/img]

please guys, your votes are appreciated
  2. Darth_Trayolphia Jedi Knight

star 1
    just a bump

please keep the votes coming...

11 days left on this poll.
  3. Darth_Trayolphia Jedi Knight

star 1
    last chance guys
    this poll ends very soon.

this is your chance to help contribute to a fan film in the making...

every vote counts.

thanks to all who voted

DT

results shall be posted once tallyied with reults from polls on several other sites along with this one
  4. Darth_Trayolphia Jedi Knight

star 1
    final tallys are in.

in reverse order

equal last - onyx harrier, celestial wayfarer, skywalkers shadow, eternal light - 1 vote each

equal fifth - obsidian skyhawk, dark star - 3 votes each

fourth - Hopes shadow - 4 votes

third - Knights blade - 5 votes

second - void stalker - 7 votes

first - forgotten legacy - 9 votes

thans guys for the votes

please note that the results from this poll have been added to results from two other polls running on other sites

filming is progressing, and once we have a final picture of the finished model, it shall be posted up
  5. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    Interesting that Forgotten Legacy won, since it got just one vote here. :)
  6. Darth_Trayolphia Jedi Knight

star 1
    yeah
    i can understand how that seems a little suss...

which is why i was sure to mention that this polls results were tallied with results from two other polls running on other sites...501st elgion sites to be specific

the reason for multiple polls was to get as wide a range of votes and name suggestions as possible.
  7. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    A clever idea. :)

I hope you don't mind me asking a questions...

In this poll we have two most favorits. Do the other polls look the same? Do they have 'favorites' as well? Or is it a bigger mixture?
  8. Darth_Trayolphia Jedi Knight

star 1
    by all means...

the other two polls were on 501st legion sites

on the local garrisons site, we had a wider range of votes, the main ones being the void stalker like here, but also the forgotten lagecy and the knights blade.

on that poll, every option besides the eternal light and the hope's shadow got at least one vote.

that site has a closer knit community on it (by which i meant that more people will get on and vote due to more time spent on site and voting even if they aren't overly interested in the result...there are also far fewer board sections and fewer topics in out free for all discussion area - the cantina)

the second poll was on a detahcment site of the 501st, which has far less activiy in its cantina section...at time of tallying of votes, there were only 3 votes in. 2 of which were for forgotten legacy.

the other three votes came from people i know who were asking which sites the polls were on so they could get on and vote. sad thing is that they were away international and only ofund out about vote day before polls closed...as such, they missed deadline by a few hours due to "clearance" time, but they realised this before voting closed and emailed me their vote.

i hope this answers your queries SKIARA
  9. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    This answers everything perfectly. I even learned more than I hoped. :D

It's cool to see some people being really interested in the votes asking for other sites, although it could bring up the problem of voting multiple times. But on the other hand, there's hardly any controll on this. :(

I hope you enjoy the name who won and that you'll have much fun with it and your project. Maybe you like to tell us a bit about it every now and then? :)

And don't hesitate to join our other topics here. ;) :)
  10. Darth_Trayolphia Jedi Knight

star 1
    thanks for the warm welcome.

i'm still kinda new to the forum process...most of my experience is limited to either the fanfilm section, or the forum for my local garrison of the 501st legion.

aregarding informing of film/model developments. i had planned to bump the thread with a few renders of a more complete model once the modeller gets time in his busy schedule to update it.

also, the film, when finally finished, will be submitted to TFN to be put on their site, we are also in the process of finishing the basic independant site for our film.
    when the film is finished, in conjunction with the 501st and a childrens charity group here in Australia called the Starlight Foundation (similar to Make-A-Wish), there will be a charity premiere...

the model will likely end up on the scifi 3d site for download...as this would be necessary if people were to help with some of our CG animations, which unofrtuneately, we have had a less than positive reply rate...

...incidentally, if anyone is good with CGI, please feel free to PM me and i'll give you a run down of some smaller shots we are trying to get done (storyboards available to those people on request).

thanks for the interest.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.