main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ship name suggestions for a star wars fan film

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by Darth_Trayolphia, Apr 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Trayolphia

Darth_Trayolphia Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2007
    in our film we have custom designed a ship, using design elements from both the millenium falcon, the ebon hawk, and a few other places.

but now the issue of giving the ship a name has come up.

this ship is owned/operated by the 50th generation descendant of the skywalker bloodline.
    and without givin too much away, is in a position of very high stature in the governmental system. this ship serves as a kind of personal yacht...with heavy armaments.

originally we had thought of using the name shadow chaser, but that was used in the young jedi knights series, and we hoped we could get some ideas for a more original name.

preferably, something with a skywalker reference or even that word in the name, which would help in tying things to the skywalker bloodline. but we appreciate everyones input.

unfortuneately we have no suitable pictures of the model in progress, which i realise would be a great help.

pics will be posted up when we have them.

what we plan to do at present is leave this thread alone (bumping as necessary) for people to submit their suggestions. after a few weeks or so, we'll select some of the names we like and start a poll. please note that this same type of thread has been started in other forums, such as the australian 501st legion garrison. as such, entries from those threads shall be included in the poll.

so, if you have any suggestions, please call em out, whether or not they have anything to do with skywalker or have that word in em. or even if you think the shadow chaser would be a nice name, by all means, post that.

thanks all
    DT

2. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    I think you should probably try the Fan Film forum. :cool:

3. Darth_Trayolphia

Jun 17, 2007
    we did actually, but at the same time figured we'd put a thread here to for those who'd lie to contribute, but don't usually go into the fan film section.

4. tahiriveilax

tahiriveilax Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2008
    I'm not sure... all I know is I'm naming my starship 'Ya Mum' :)

5. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    I'd name mine the Ragnarok.

6. Darth_Trayolphia

Jun 17, 2007
    i just uploaded a few pics of the ship model to photobucket, but in t he past there have been delays from when the pics go on and when they can have links posted in forums i use.

so for whatever reason, the pics will be up here tomorrow, this should aid in the ideas of names hopefully

please note the pics are of a work in progress, the basic layout is more or less complete, with mainly the streamlining and texturing to be done.

7. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    It is hard to think up names when you don't have any pictures, so I can't say "Yes that rocks" or "No, that totally sucks" when eliminating names out of my imagination, but I'll do my best.

How about;
    Justice Fist
    Star Stream
    Starstreamer
    Skystreamer
    Skywalker's Fist
    The Skywalker
    Force Fist
    Fight of Fancy
    Flight of Fancy
    Rage of the Rancor
    Dark Lords Decendant (a more sinister one)

Some more humourus ones:
    The MFLB (Mellenium Falcon's younger brother)
    Luke's Revenge
    Bucket o' Bolts
    The Flyin' Nerf
    Death from Above
    Sun Blocker
    Titanic (wait a sec, isn't that in somthing else? Nah...)

If you can't get the pics up, it is best to know these:
    How old is the ship? (roughly)
    Is she 'the lastest thing' or 'past her sell by date'?
    How weathered is she?
    How large? (just a rough comparison)

8. Darth_Trayolphia

Jun 17, 2007
    well here are a few pics. as several others have made comments i figured it was about time i managed to get some up.

please note that the ship still needs to be streamlined a little bit and that the textures seen here will NOT be used on the final model.

the green section on the front and side will be where windows are. also the rear of the ship will be squared off at the two engines on the bottom shall be attached via smooth sweeping pylons. there will also be a third engine on top at the back. underneath this is where the landing ramp will come down.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

keep thise suggestions coming guys 3 days till i start the poll

9. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    Okay, those pictures really help.
    Hmmm, *gets brain in gear*

Sky Shadow
    The Sky's Shadow
    Hope's Shadow
    Sky Scar
    The Last Star
    Sky Razor
    Sky Knife
    Star Knife
    Night Knife
    Light of the Night

10. Darth_Trayolphia

Jun 17, 2007
    wow, some really great ideas in that last post mate. this is exactly why i started this thread...i think i used up all my ideas in other parts of the film, and am too bogged down both with my job and planning shooting dates etc with the film itself to have anytime to think up some good names.

i intend to start the poll at about midday tommorw melbourne time,
    so you have until then to post up any other name suggestions for the ship

as i post this its 11am over here. that gives you a reference point of when the poll will start.

so...last call for names, and get the word out to your mates here on theforce.net or any other mates you have that aren't on here to pick out a few names they like. we'd appreciate all votes in helping us with this.

thanks guys

Darth Trayolphia

11. Darth_Trayolphia

Jun 17, 2007
    poll started.

anyone having trouble finding the thread, its named

ship name for DT's fan film-suggestions in-poll started

12. Darth_Trayolphia

Jun 17, 2007
    final tallys are in.

in reverse order

equal last - onyx harrier, celestial wayfarer, skywalkers shadow, eternal light - 1 vote each

equal fifth - obsidian skyhawk, dark star - 3 votes each

fourth - Hopes shadow - 4 votes

third - Knights blade - 5 votes

second - void stalker - 7 votes

first - forgotten legacy - 9 votes

thans guys for the votes

please note that the results from this poll have been added to results from two other polls running on other sites

filming is progressing, and once we have a final picture of the finished model, it shall be posted up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.