main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Shipping Episode 7 predictions

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by LANDO_ROCKS, Jun 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luminous Beings Are We

Luminous Beings Are We Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2014
    "Boyega/Lupita

Driver/female baddie"

Good ones! I had remembered Boyega/Lupita after I made my post, but I neglected to update it. Also, I think giving some of the villains a romantic subplot throughout the series would also make things interesting.

T-R- likes this.
  2. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Han could run a legit shipping business in his old age rather than being a smuggler.

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Now that's the kind of shipping that might actually add to the movie.

4. JediMasterJessica

JediMasterJessica Jedi Master star 3

Jul 26, 2005
    With such a large cast, it wouldn't surprise me if we do have more than 1 token couple of the ST, besides Han and Leia of course. I think Boyega/Ridley might be our developing love story but it wouldn't surprise me at all if we got 1 or 2 previously established couples from before the start of Ep 7. As some suggestions above perhaps Driver/Female Baddie or Gleeson/Lupita or Isaac/Lupita.

5. Leias_Left_Bun

Leias_Left_Bun Jedi Master star 4

Feb 18, 2013
    I actually remember those letters. In particular, I remember one letter from an outraged Luke/Leia shipper right after ESB came out. The angry letter was ostensibly talking to Leia, scolding her for being superficial and choosing "hot lips Han" over Luke. That phrase has stuck in my mind ever since. :p

J_Girl, Assembler, Revanfan1 and 5 others like this.
  6. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  7. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Far too early for me to speculate on specifics, but it is probably a given that there will be some sort of relationship in these films.

8. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    i'm so glad i didn't know what "shipping" was until i read it here.

9. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Could do.

I'm also wondering if they go for a love triangle with Driver being the loser for Daisy's affections sending him to the dark side.

10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    You were better off before.

11. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    This will be interesting.

mes520 likes this.
  12. LANDO_ROCKS

Nov 28, 2002
    So I'm still thinking the main romance will be Rey & Finn, have there been any spoilers I've missed on this?

13. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    The need to create fantasies about which two fictional characters should be in a relationship is an aspect of fandom that I will never ever be able to understand.

14. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    I'm happily married ,Thank you:p

15. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    As far as this, there might be some hints at romance, but I will really surprised if it's gung ho right out of the gate (this film.)

I would like to be surprised at whomever might become a couple and hope it's a more interesting relationship as Han and Leia were. As long as I don't see the awful forced relations a la Spock and Uhura from the Star Trek reboot, fire away.

16. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    I wouldn't care so much, if these "ships" didn't result in online hatred and harassment for the actors playing characters who are preventing the shippers head canon from happening. For a couple examples from TV, Arrow's Olicity-shippers and Sleepy Hollow's Ichabbie-shippers are really antagonistic toward the actors playing "rival" (read: actual/original) love interests. Too often these shippers are just a net negative for any genre they latch on to.

/rant

17. Scummy_and_Villainous

Scummy_and_Villainous Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2013
    The No-Lifer demographic.

18. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I don't really understand it either, but I must confess that I have 'shipped a few characters in my time. [face_blush]

19. Flapjack4

Flapjack4 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2014
    There might be a brief romance between characters in TFA. Like ships that passed in the night.

20. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012

Yeah that really is sad, I remember reading about that as related to Scandal where real life spouses were getting death threats.

Still Shippers are Super Fans and keep the buzz going so they are useful to any Franchise

21. LANDO_ROCKS

Nov 28, 2002
    Reviving this, isn't it weird that we haven't had a single spoiler about a romance? Seems weird that a SW film won't have one?

22. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    wtf has happened to the world?

TheBBP likes this.
  23. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    They'll probably explore a romance between Finn/Rey in the sequel. ANH barely had anything either.

24. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    14 years old created an internet trope and, like catbreading, mindless masses became convinced they had to carry the tradition on or they would be out of e-fashion. And the world is not a better place for it. :p

TheBBP and thejeditraitor like this.
  25. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    gag.[face_sick]

TheBBP likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.