Ships ... and ED?

Discussion in 'Tulsa, OK' started by Commander_Lossith, Jul 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Commander_Lossith Jedi Youngling

Was wondering... (this is for all you techno buffs out there)

What is your favorite Star Wars ship, and why?
    (This includes the origional trilogy and the extended universe)

Also, which one of you is ED? I'm told I need to make contact with you.

Cisco
  2. Shadoe42 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    that would be me. And who is telling you that you need to get in contact with me? heh
  3. Commander_Lossith Jedi Youngling

I was told by one that you are the major Literarty critic within FF Tulfa. This person said that you would be the best indivituel to talk with about reading my FanFic novel if I wanted honest and solid reviews. ( this was followed with a wanring that you were honest, even when reading not-so-good material :) )

anyway, I was wondering if you were up to taking a shot at my writing. If so, wonderful, if not, just as good. ((shrug))

Cisco

4. GENERAL_FEL Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Ed will be honest with you...BRUTALLY honest, if necessary. :)

5. FaceLoran Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I prefer the x-wing. It's got the best balance of speed, firepower and shielding, IMHO.
  6. talltrees Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Even if the reading is pretty good, Ed will find something wrong with it. As one of our former fellow FanForce members use to say, Ed likes to suck the life out of our happy little universe! :D I am surprised Jake didn't tell Cisco this. Oh Ed, BTW I was the person who told Cisco to seek you out. hehehe!

As for ships, I would say the X wing too. I love it because it is the easiest to maneuver, fastest ship used by my beloved Rebel scum. :D

7. GENERAL_FEL Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Ed can't help it. He's just...well, he's....he's Ed! And we wouldn't have it any other way. :)

ED!
    ED!
    ED!
    ED!
    ED!
    ED!
    ED!
    ED!
    ED!
  8. DarthPaul1971 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Yeah and thing about Ed is...he's usually right.

Ya kidding...the X-Wing of course. Because it can take more than one good hit.
  9. Sentinel_Vash Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Man you have no idea what a good ship is. The A-wing is my fav because it has the speed and manuverably and in the right hands can over power any ship.
  10. FaceLoran Jedi Youngling

star 3
    The A-wing is a good ship, but it's shielding is much weaker than an X-wing, and it's concussion missiles are much less powerful than proton torpedoes. It's definitely in my top five, though.
  11. Sentinel_Vash Jedi Youngling

star 2
    True it my have weaker Shields and missles, but when you can out run and dodge the missle on your @ss there is no reel need for a more powerful sheild of missle. Tell me this Ties are faster then your X-wing, but the A-wing is much fast then most Ties and has only one equal in speed and that the Tie Int. The A-wing can out gun that in a heartbeat.
  12. Commander_Lossith Jedi Youngling

Hate to say it, but the B-wing is my favorite. Yes the X is the end all to beat all, much like the modern F-15 eagle and Strike Eagle. But there is just something to be said for TWELVE torpedoes and the type of Fire power a good B-wing can deliver.

Also, there is the othertrain of through, and that is that you can kill all the TIEs and Uglies you want, but Wars are won by Killing capitol and Comsrce ships, and that is what the B-wing does best.

"Fighter pilots Make Headlines...
    ... Bomber pilots Make Histroy."
    General Curtil Lemay US Army Air Corps-1947

13. Sentinel_Vash Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Ok true about the B-wings but who keeps the Ties off your butt so your slow @ss can get to the Cap ship and bomb them? Thats right the A-wings and X-wings. B-wings are crap in a dog fight so you need the A-wings to come and safe your butt. :D
  14. Icarus_apex Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Well, I'm not a techno-buff but my fav. would have to be the good ol' Millenium Falcon because it transcended being just another ship, it is a character. Taking on it's own "personality": an old friend who can be stubborn at times, but always there in a pinch. Call me crazy, but this is what I think. Now, from a purely aesthetic point of view the Interceptor is awesome, also I've always liked the Imperial shuttle. Well, crap, I just like them all.
  15. Commander_Lossith Jedi Youngling

well, for the first thing, I never said that any of the SW ships really suck, (Unless we are asking about, say the T-wing), and yes, the B-wing is useless without fighter support. But look at it from the other side of the coin, Once most fighters have fought their way to the target, the B-wing is the only ship that lets your do any damage once you get there.

And besides, none of the Alliance ships were ever ment to do the same thing.

Y-Wing - Much like a Modern F-4 Phantom

X-Wing - F-15, no doubt about it

A-Wing - F-16, where armor is wanting, speed is life.

B-Wing - F-111, can't dogfight worth a damn, but God help the poor sole that winds up under it's sights.

They mix and match well, and there is no real Master of all fields.

And also, here here on the Falcon comment, if ever there was a ship that was its own character it was that.

Heay, anyone here remimber the E-wing from the Dark Empire Comics?
  16. MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I remember the E-Wing "Don't fire to much or you may over heat the guns and do the enemy a favor" (that what Han says in the book on tape version)

For me its a toss up between B and X. I was pretty sure that Ties were even faster then A-Wing, but have NO shielding at all.
  17. GENERAL_FEL Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Here's where Jake chimes in and reminds everyone that the Empire has ships as well... :)

Mr favorite ships, in order, are

#2 TIE Defender - Speed, shields, hyperdrive, and raw firepower.

#1 Imperial Star Destroyer - Size, man. It's all about the sheer size of that damn thing. Not a Vic. Not a SSD. Just a good ol' ImpStar Deuce.
  18. MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Of Imperial Vehicles i always liked the AT-AT.. Imagine being on a battle field with a group of those clucking at you.

Imperial ships.. I'm with Jake Star Destoryer, the sight of one would make you crap your uniform.

also the Suncrusher has to be my favorite "Ultimate Weapon" form the Empire as well.
  19. Commander_Lossith Jedi Youngling

Lets see how good your guys are...

points for anyone who can tell me what these ships are (and then you will get this next line).

Imperial Two Star Destroyer = USS Iowa + USS Hope + USS Blueridge + USS Carl C Stines + USS Wasp

:)

BTW, I LIVE for the Imperial Military, give me a squadron of TIE fighters anyday over Four X-Wings. :)
  20. MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Aren't those Battle Ships and Aircraft Carriers? The names are familiar (as ships not the the name they stand for :p ) But i don't know for sure, just a guess.
  21. Commander_Lossith Jedi Youngling

Very good, but does anyone know the classes and why I put them there?
  22. MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Because they are all Victory class?
  23. Commander_Lossith Jedi Youngling

victory class....?

These are ALL real ships, I've been on all of them except the Wasp, and know officers aboard all of them except the Stines. (no, Im not military, just a Marine brat).

Here let me explain....

USS Iowa = BB- heavy battle ship, the most capable dreadnaught ever to sail the ocean. This ships can put nine 16-in, one ton shells 25 miles inland with devistating accuracy. this ship could send ANY other ship in existance to the bottom of the ocean with a single volly. The Iowa's plate steel hull and heavy armor make her impervious to all but the stoutest medium, and heavy anti-ship missiles. She is one of the most survuvable ships in the ocean.

USS Blueridge = CV-C - Command and control ship, most powerful command suit in the US fleet, could talk to the moon if it needed to. THis ship can talk to over three hundred people at the came time, and can have a thousand other SETS of people talking to each other through her comunications systems.

USS Carl C Stines = CVN - Aircraft Carrier (enouigh said)

USS Wasp = LPH - Marine landing ship, often called the 'one ship invasion fleet". These ships can carry a COMPLETE BATTALION, including three companies, heavy weapons, a tank company, two Ammtrack platoons, four heavy landing craft, thrity five helochopters, ten Harrier jump jets, two engineering Platoons, a truck company and supplies for ALL of these for a MONTH once they reach shore. (this if force projection American style)

USS Hope = Third largest Hospital ship in existance, thrity five ben Operating thearter, hundred bed ICU, three Catscans, Ten X-ray machines, two CT scans and recovery, minor injury ward that sleeps three hundred. The landing platform and landing radar and puch twenty choppers an hour through the tandem landing pads. This is the ship the US sends when the human or military casuality rate is expected to be high.

In short, add all these ships up, put them in a single frame, in orbit, and you have a stock imperial start destroyer in concept.

Cisco
  24. MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    It was just a guess, i thought our naval ships had classes similiar to those in SW. Guess i was wrong :p
  25. Sentinel_Vash Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Mike there is only one Imp ships that could keep up with the A-wing(If I remember right) and that was the Tie Intersepter(sorry about spelling).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.