main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Ships / Vehicles/ Tech of TFA

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by darklordoftech, Jul 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    What capital ships do you want to see and/or expect to see in the ST? Star Destroyers? Mon Calamari cruisers? Something new?

2. Indy 11

Indy 11 Jedi Padawan

Nov 4, 2012
    I think there will be redesigned models of older rebel ships (like the new xwing). Maybe between VI and VII the star destroyers were used as new republic vessels.. Ooor if the empire is still sorta in control, then idk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Echo Base

Echo Base Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2013
    The Nebulon B medical frigate. I love that design.

Also, for something new, I know the ships in the film will be largely based on Ralph McQuarrie's unused designs but how about something Chris Foss-inspired for one of the alien cultures? It would add a little more variety and a Chris Foss-style ship would look fantastic up on the big screen.

Some samples of Foss' work for those unfamiliar with it:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Jotun Denal

Jotun Denal Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    I'd like to see updated Mon Calamari cruisers, captured Star Destroyers and new unique ships from others races. It'd be cool to have a Rebellion-specific cruiser developed after 30 years.

5. Echo Base

Jul 21, 2013
  6. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    I've always wanted to see the Eclipse Super Star Destroyer from the EU onscreen. Lego even made a giant set of it even though it's EU just since it looks so darn cool. It's just a tad shorter than Executors 'latest' size but far far more massive in volume.

[​IMG]

It's also got a mini super laser for one shoting enemy capital ships and/or cracking a planets crust... though of course the EU now being Legends that can be played with. Also it'd be nice to finally see gravity well generators on-screen too, it would add a nice twist to the classic let's chase the Falcon story from the OT should they ever choose to repeat that plot element.

7. kaustin7

kaustin7 Jedi Knight

Jan 28, 2013
    I love the old mini rigs and have always been impressed with the Eclipse. However, I am not sure the Eclipse has a place in EVII.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  8. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    I'd like mix of ships from the previous six movies, but mainly brand new ships

9. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I wouldn't seeing a rebel capital ship that was purposefully designed to be a warship, alongside some new mon cal designs. I'd wager we'll also see some updated star destroyers too.

10. Acroyear

Acroyear Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2001
    New ships. Various. Updated styles. I sure hoped they updated the look of the Star Destroyer and made it more stream-lined.

11. Acroyear

Acroyear Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2001
    Chris Foss would be cool seeing what he had designed for Jodorowsky's Dune. What is this desire to design new ships based on McQuarrie's early concepts? All the ships were grey or off white, blocky and angular. I want a new approach to the ships.

Echo Base and darklordoftech like this.
  12. Abadacus

Abadacus Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2014
    The Vindicator Heavy Cruiser is long overdue for an onscreen appearance.
    [​IMG]

13. Echo Base

Jul 21, 2013
    I didn't even know Foss was involved in that, so thanks for telling me. I just looked it up and found some interesting quotes from Jodorowsky about it. Jodorowsky has some very interesting views indeed on spaceship aesthetics:

http://www.duneinfo.com/unseen/chris-foss/

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  14. Ditolus

Ditolus Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 22, 2005
    Did u know there's a game that allows u to command an Eclipse. it even has the superlaser on it and lets u blow away cap ships in one shot.

15. Grilled Hutt

Grilled Hutt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 24, 2003

and?.......(its called......?)

Darth Lurker likes this.
  16. Echo Base

Jul 21, 2013
    It would be a guilty pleasure but I'd love to see a cameo/Easter Egg guest appearance by the Liberator in the background of a busy scene, since it is the only ship cooler than the Millenium Falcon. :D

It would be a nice tip of the hat from SW towards B7 since they both debuted within a few months of each other in 1977-78.

[​IMG]

Come on, JJ! Please do it, mate!

17. Abadacus

Abadacus Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2014
    If you haven't seen this, give it a look: FractalSponge does some amazing 3D models of Star Destroyer variants.
    Some are a little busy and over-armed for my taste, but many are just brilliant. A few I would love to see canonized in the ST.
    http://fractalsponge.net/gallery/index.html

Procursator-Class Light Star Destroyer
    [​IMG]

Vigil-Class Corvette
    [​IMG]

Imperial Customs Corvette
    [​IMG]

18. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    While the LEGO Eclipse model I've seen looks awesome:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=80758

I think it's "homebrew" - I can't find any references to it elsewhere.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  19. the_sinister_hologram

the_sinister_hologram Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 3, 2012
    You can command an entire fleet of ships, including the Eclipse, in the Empire at War (+the expansion) strategy game.

20. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The Eclipse does need the expansion and not just the main game though. Forces of Corruption, it's called.

21. Ditolus

Ditolus Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 22, 2005
  22. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    I want to see an Interdictor Cruiser pulling ships out of Hyperspace in an ambush!

[​IMG]

23. Lord Chazza

Lord Chazza Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2013
    Admittedly it's more of a support ship than a capital ship but I would like to see a Lancer Frigate, possibly ambushing a squadron of starfighters like in the X-Wing series.

[​IMG]

24. StrikerKOJ

StrikerKOJ Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2014
    Love this topic! Lot's of good suggestions. My personal desires (in no particular order, and maybe pictures later):

-Imperial Star Destroyer. Some of the newer variants look nice, but I would be let down if we didn't get at least one Imperial White ISD2.

-Lancer Frigate.

-Assault Frigate. Everyone loves the Nebulon-B. Why not a Nebulon-B on steroids.

-Carrack Light Cruiser. Not holding my breath for this one due to the age, but with the potential for a fractured Imperial state with a smaller territories lead by ex-admirals or moffs or govenors, could be possible to see one in an outdated planetary patrol fleet or some such.

-Interdictor Cruiser. Pulling ships out of hypersapce is a great prelude to an awesome space battle.

-Hapan Battle Dragon! Always loved the concept of this ship when I first read about it in Courtship, and my imagination would run wild with ideas of how to fit rotating turbolasers. When I finally saw a picture of one, I was very pleased. Would loooove to see a fleet of these open up on some poor ship.

Lord Chazza likes this.
  25. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    What makes a starship a capital ship?

Is it just size?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.