main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Shirefolk Forum

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Sites' started by darthbrendon, Aug 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthbrendon

darthbrendon Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2005
    Cool LOTR site. It has a RP. It has a section where you can just discuss things.

and put up anything (within reason)

It has a Kingdom section, which isn't part of the RP, where you just go and post as if it was a RP. You can hold LOTS of ranks and more!!!

It is wonderful links to other great sites and resources and more!!!

http://forumsshirefolk.proboards44.com/

So much work has been placed in this one forum alone...

2. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    No offense, but I think you should slow down, and focus on one single site. Having one excellent website is better than having a half-dozen mediocre or sub-par sites. Also, a site usually doesn't be come popular overnight, it takes months and years of hard work - and even then, it isn't guaranteed.

3. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    I agree. I am currently working very hard on a chat/RP/average forum that I've been working on for more than a month and it's not even nearly ready. I suggest that you take it one step at a time, and make your first forum the best it can be, get it loaded up with probably takes a lot of time (I have no idea, as I haven't even released my site; it's in admin only mode right now) and THEN move onto other subjects. I know when you start, you don't want to stop, but if you make everything like the really best it can be, your other forums will be much more popular. See what I mean?

Oh and the buttons and the white don't really match everything else very well. I suggest a dark/light blue for the sky, or a green to match everything else.

4. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    It's nice and cheerful colors. But other then that there's not much discussion going on for users to join in on. I feel that's one of the most important things to have going on in a forum. If there's next to no activity why should I join it?

5. darthbrendon

Jul 9, 2005
    well, in case you havn't noticed... sites don't start with no members and there be VERY MUCH activity...

like the others said, you have to get it started.

This and my Yavin IV: War Room board were the two boards I originally made... I have two main sites: shirefolk.homestead.com & starwarsfan.homestead.com

I wanted individual forums for those sites...

but my army one was requested by one of my members to make seperatly.

my Sith Union one... well... that one I just wanted focused around RP...

so starwarsfan's two forums are Yavin IV: War Room & Sith Union.

Yavin IV is a sw discussion site. Sith Union is a sw rp site...

I got carried away with forum making... but I have agreed NOT to make anymore forums...

6. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    Why don't you just squish them together and make a better forum? More to offer...

7. darthbrendon

Jul 9, 2005
    because I have SO many different categories on each board, it would take FOREVER to load um that way...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.