main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Shmi and Leia (Lissy) - Original Trilogy Notes AU (with astarael as Shmi)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LukeSkywalker_2001, Jul 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LukeSkywalker_2001

LukeSkywalker_2001 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 18, 2002
    The character of Shmi will be played by astarael. The Author of each Note will be clearly labled.

astarael's link can be found here:
    http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=1158034

timeframe: begins in the ANH events and goes through ROTJ events

The quick background story of Lissy and Shmi Notes-

Shmi - instead of dying in AOTC, she was near death and almost died. Anakin took her to a medical center. She knew about Anakin and Padme's marriage, but she never found out that Padmé was ever pregnant. She doesn't know she had grandchildren by Anakin. She also was informed by Obi-Wan that her son had died in the Clone Wars. Therefore, she does not know anything about him turning to the dark side. She works for the Rebellion in registration.

Another thing that might help this story make sense is to realize that Skywalker is a VERY common last name...like Smith...

Shmi, working in registration receives a correspondance from a girl called Lissy....

Lissy is a former slave who had been kidnapped by the Maurders. She knows little of her real parents, only a few memories. She hopes that the leaders of the Rebellion can help her find her real family.

Lissy had contacted Bail because he was in a recorded message on R2. Lissy had been with Luke and Beru on the planet Blue Waters. As soon as they had gotten back to Tatooine, Beru and Lissy left for Yavin...while Luke took the droids to meet Ben Kenobi.

Lissy contacted Shmi about registristering with the Rebellion, shortly after arriving on Yavin.

and so these Notes begin...

and the story begins...(if there is anything else I could do to clarify the story, let me know)

2. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    Author - LukeSkywalker_2001

Note 1
    Shmi,

Hello, Bail Organa, the person I had contacted, told me that I needed to register with the Rebellion through you. What all do you need to know? I am a former Maurder slave, and I do not remember much about my real parents, only a little bit. I have just arrived here on Yavin.

Lissy

3. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    Author - astarael

Note 2
    Lissy,

I will need you're details, any special skills you may have, why you wish to join the Rebellion and (for security reasons) any records you might have eg. Bank records.

Don't worry, I was once a slave as well with my son and I know what it's like. If you would like someone to talk to about anything you might be having trouble with, don't hesitate to tell me.

Welcome to the Rebellion, Lissy.

Shmi

4. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002

Note 3
    Shmi,

All right, this is not going to be easy, but I will try to give you as much details as I can. Bail Organa arranged a DNA test for me, and I have given the results to him. I, myself, have not seen them. I?m sure he will get back to me about them. We?re trying to locate my real family, and find out who they might have been.

I am 19 years old, female, as you can see. I had lived with loving parents, both of whom had dark hair, but I do not remember specific features, and lived on a beautiful planet. It had many trees and a lot of plants. There was a path that my father?s friend used to take me on. I remember that he was my father?s friend, and he would sometimes watch me. My parents must have been important and wealthy to whatever planet it was. I remember that I lived in a big house.

However, when I was very little, the Maurders kidnapped me and took me to be their slave on the planet Geononsis. I lived there for years, serving the leaders of the Maurder Organization. I was a personal slave, doing whatever they requested of me.

However, recently I escaped on their ship, when they were all leaving for a planet called Blue Waters. While there, I escaped from the ship, they caught me, but I ran away. I met a boy there. Together he and I found a couple of droids that we knew were important to the Rebellion. There was a partial recorded message that we caught, that mentioned that Bail Organa of Alderaan was the Rebel Leader, and that your base was on Yavin.

My friend?s aunt and I came here to Yavin together. My friend went to go meet someone named Obi-Wan Kenobi to go to Alderaan, thinking that Bail might have been there. I am came here with my friend?s aunt so that I could let you know that we had the droids, and that they will be here soon?in case Bail was on Alderaan.

What other details do you need to know?

Again, I?ll let you know the moment Bail tells me about my parents. I hope the DNA test worked.

And for special skills, I can do a number of things. I am decent at organization and leadership. I led a small group of other slaves in requesting things from our masters, of studying together?whatever.

I am also not bad at fixing mechanical things. Sometimes I had to perform repair type tasks as a slave.

The Maurders also made certain that I knew how to pilot ships, and I am a fair pilot. Some other slaves actually considered me quite good. Although I can do this, and actually enjoy it, I would prefer not to fly in battle. If you really need me, I would be a willing pilot. Just let me know.
    You might also find it useful that I can work with computers. I will program something if you need me to. It is not too hard, and I did it often as a slave. I?m not a bad cook either.

I can do a number of tasks, some of them I do not enjoy as much as others.

I have nowhere else to go. I am a former slave, and so until I find my real family?if they?re even still alive, the Rebellion would be my home. I am willing to do whatever you need me to do.

I wish to join the Rebellion because?#1 I have no where else to go #2 I would like to fight against the Empire?I know it is evil, and I would like to do something about it.

I?m sorry?as a slave, I have no actual records. I never had my own bank account or anything such as that.

You were once a slave as well? On what planet? Was it through the Maurders?I know they have stretched out quite far?..I appreciate your help in this area. It?s hard to go from a slave?s lifestyle?from being owned?to being free. How did you escape from slavery?

And you were a slave with your son? That must have been really hard. Were you slaves your whole life (until you escaped), or were you one of the captured children, like me?

Thank you for your kindness. Everyone here on Yavin has been very friendly with me. Well, I?m going to talk to Bail some more. Maybe he?ll tell me the results of the DNA test.

Lissy

5. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    Author - astarael

Note 4
    Lissy,
    Thanks for all of that. I know that those records must be hard to get, especially with you being an orphan and a slave, and I apreciate the effort you went to. It's just that there are so many spies trying to infiltrate the Rebellion, we need to check everyones history, I hope you understand.

From what you've said you remember about your life before slavery, it sounds very loving and happy. I can't stand it when families are torn apart so that someone else may profit.

You're very brave to have escaped your owners Lissy. I'm glad that you and that boy didn't turn us into the Empire like I know many would have for the right amount of money and decided to join us. Might I ask who is the boy that you found the message with?

The name Obi-Wan Kenobi seems very familiar to me, but for the life of me I can't think of where I heard it from...

I hope the DNA test comes soon, not for the whole records thing, but so you know about your family and what happened to them. It's awful to go through life wondering what happened to those you care about, and at least this way you know.

I used to be a slave on Tatooine. In a way it was because of the Mauders, but it's rather complicated. My husband had to sell both me and my youngest son whom I was pregnant with into slavery so that the rest of the family wouldn't starve. He became a Mauder on top of that. I hope you don't feel angry and upset with me because of it. I cannot stand slavery, one of the many reasons I joined the Rebellion. I was freed by my husband later, but not before my son was freed and went off to become a Jedi.

He was killed by Vader, and I joined the Rebellion as a way to honour his memory.

I've got to get back to work now. I hope to speak to you soon!

Shmi

6. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002

Note 5
    Shmi,

I hoped what I said before helped you some?but I have some more information for you, and hopefully this will help you even more. Bail Organa has just given me the results of the test?and I am his daughter Leia. I finally know who my parents were.

I am no orphan?I have real, alive parents now.

Bail said that if there were any problems because of me, he would let the responsibility fall on himself. I understand that you must be cautious, and if you do not believe me, you can talk to Bail Organa. He will tell you that he is my father.

Yes, my life before slavery was very loving and happy, and it would have been again, except for the fact that I will soon be killed.

I wish my family wouldn?t have been torn apart like this?but at least I found out about my parents before I was killed.

Thank you?I wish I could be brave now. I?ll tell you more about the situation later on. The boy that I found the message with is named Luke. He?s very nice?although I have not known him long, it seems as if I have known him forever. I just met him on the factory when we found the droids.

You said that Obi-Wan Kenobi seems like a very familiar name to you? Well he is with my friend Luke now, and they are on their way to deliver the droids. I hope that they can change their course before they get pulled into the Death Star?s tractor beam?.

Luke says that Obi-Wan has been telling him a lot about the Old Republic.

You were a slave on Tatooine? That?s the planet that my friend Luke is from! I was just there?very briefly, before coming to Yavin. Luke wanted me to see his house, but it was destroyed by the Empire before we were able to see it. Yes?I know that Tatooine used to belong to the Maurders, but now it?s part of the Empire. If it was a Maurder world, then yes, I can believe that there was slavery. Being a slave on Tatooine must have been really hard. From what I could see, it didn?t look like much except desert.

Your husband sold you and your youngest son into slavery? How could a husband do that to a wife? You said so that the rest of the family wouldn?t starve?but there had to have been another way. I?m sorry that you had to experience all of that slavery.

I?m glad that your husband finally freed you?.your husband was freed by a Jedi? What is a Jedi? I?m not familiar with that term. So your son was killed by Vader too? He certainly has killed a lot of people.

I?m sure that your son would have been very proud of you for joining the Rebellion.
    Now, I should tell you what has happened to me. My father gave me permission to travel to Alderaan so that I could see my home planet. Unfortunately, as soon as I excited hyperspace, I took notice of a small moon?which turned out to be the Death Star.

I was pulled into the Death Star?s tractor beam?.and then Imperials captured me. I am now being held in the detention area of the Death Star, along with several other prisoners. I have been questioned and tortured, but I have told them nothing. Darth Vader is here too, and has been taking part in the questioning process. I have not given any information to them, and so they have decided to execute me.

The execution will be taking place in several hours.

I only hope that Luke and those that he is with can get away before the tractor beam pulls them in too.

I hope and pray that the Rebellion receives the droids soon.

Leia Organa

7. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Anakin_Heartbreaker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Please don't let her die, pleeeaaaasssssseeeeeeee.

8. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    Anakin_Heartbreaker,

Thanks for reading :), and for making a comment :) It's always nice to get a reaction like that from a reader...shows that you care about the story and are paying attention :)

9. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    Author - astarael

Note 6
    Leia,

I'm so happy that you've found you're real parents! The Organas are wonderful people, and you're so lucky to have them as your parents, and they're lucky to have you.

I'm sure you won't be any problems with you. You're a very sweet girl and I doubt very much I will ever have to say a bad word to Bail. Luke also seems like a nice boy as well. I can't believe the Emire destoyed his home. I pray no-one was inside of it. That kind of barbaric destruction is one of the reasons why we are fighting the Empire! I hope both he and Obi-Wan deliver the droids you spoke about safe and sound.

To answer you're question, Jedi are powerful people that use a certain thing called 'The Force' to use telekenisis. A bit like wizards I suppose. They used their power to help others less fortunate. My son was one of them. A few decades ago, they were all murdered in a horrific purge led by Vader.

I can't even begin to understand what the Empire are doing to you! To be put under toture and then be told you are going to be executed. Everyone is worried sick here, especially you're father. I've never seen him so devestated. And the fact that Darth Vader is there as well! I pray you are going to be alright. You're very brave to resist the torure and not tell them anything.

Don't give up hope yet, Leia. We'll do anything and everything in our poweer to get you free.

Shmi

10. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002

Note 7
    Shmi,

Thank you. It was such a relief to me to find my real parents. Yes, my father does seem like a wonderful person, and I haven?t met my mother yet. I know that they both love me.

Thank you also for your helpfulness and kindness also. I think you registered my friend Luke now?we?re just back from the Death Star?that was certainly an adventure. And yes, Luke is very nice. The Empire destroys many people?s homes. I am pretty certain that no one was inside his home when it was destroyed. He didn?t mention to me about being worried about anyone being there, and I think he would have had there been a chance of someone being there.

Luke and his friend Han rescued me along with all the other prisoners that were in the detention area of the Death Star.

Padmé has also explained to me a little about the Jedi, and my father has mentioned them as well. Thank you for explaining them a little to me, though I doubt I will ever understand them.

So your son was one of these Jedi?.I?m really sorry for your loss. I understand that most of the Jedi were destroyed in this purge. After being Vader?s prisoner, I can certainly understand how he would be the type of person that would do that.

Have you been in charge of registration for a long time? I was wondering if you could tell me about past things the Rebellion has done, such as past battles and conflicts.

Is this the biggest battle that has ever taken place? Based on your previous experience, what would you say our chances of destroying the Death Star are?

Leia

11. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    Author - astarael

Note 8
    Leia,

I'm so glad you're safe and sound, and so is you're father! We were so worried about you, especially since you were Vader's captive. There have been many rumours about his toture tactics, none of which I'll go into here.

I'm hope you're right in assuming no one was in Luke's house when it was destroyed. There have been many times that the Empire has blown up a house because someone was inside! I just met Luke. He was rather nervous. He kept making sure he was still registered and things like that. He seems like a nice enough boy though. He and Han must have been very brave to save you from the Death Star.

Thank you for your sympathy about my boy Anakin. I hope that he didn't suffer much at Vader's hand.

I've been with the Rebellion for quite a few years now, and yes I do think that this is the biggest battle ever taken place, at least in my oppinion. Don't go loosing hope, the odds might be against us with the Death Star, but Rebels are experts at beating the odds and never giving up no matter what.

Shmi

12. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002

Note 9
    Shmi,

Thank you for your concern. I am well, and have been unharmed. We cannot concentrate on what could have been. I am safe, and now we must focus on the upcoming battle. The torture was unpleasant, but I cannot dwell on that now.

Luke told me that no one was in his house. His aunt was with us on the ship, and his uncle was coming to give Luke some medicine that he had forgotten about. Unless a neighbor came to visit, or unless there was someone there that the family was not expecting, I do not think anyone was there. If you are still concerned, I?m sure you could ask him.

You said you have met Luke. He?s a nice guy, isn?t he. Yes, Luke did seem to be somewhat nervous once we arrived here. I think he?s excited that he finally gets to participate in the Rebellion. It?s probably hard for him to take it all in. Yes?both Han and Luke have surprised me with their bravery. It wasn?t a planned or well organized rescue; I must say that.

Your son?s name was Anakin? I must ask this?Padmé told me that her husband?s name was Anakin Skywalker, and that he was a Jedi. You have told me that your son?s name was Anakin and that he was a Jedi. Was Padmé?s husband your son? I?m just trying to clarify.

We will never know how much your son had to suffer at Vader?s hand?but he no longer has to suffer at Vader?s hand. Vader was on the Death Star, as I told you before. It is possible that we could destroy Vader along with the Death Star. Wouldn?t that be wonderful?

Luke is going to be flying in the battle?I?m so worried for him. He?s never flown a fighter pilot before, or participated in any battle, but he thinks he can pull this off. He has a lot of determination. Luke said that those in charge of assigning ships, and the squadron leaders do not think he can do this?.and they kept turning him down. Finally one of the squadron leaders agreed to take him. He?s in the last squadron?if all else fails, he will be part of the last group to attempt blowing up this Death Star. I?m worried for him, but I also know he?s a little disappointed that he probably won?t be part of the action.

If this is the biggest battle the Rebellion has ever participated in, then this could be our biggest victory. My father is of course concerned about the battle, but I know he is anticipating the outcome. He believes we can win, and I think so too. I attended the briefing meeting, and there is a huge weakness in the Death Star. I only hope that our pilots will be able to destroy it.

I?m going to see Luke off before he gets into that battle.

Leia

13. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Anakin_Heartbreaker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Great update!

Leia seems very interested in learning about the Jedi, first with Padme and now with Shmi. Glad they all made it back, and now the battle....The anticipation is truly nail biting!!! :)

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

14. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    Anakin_Heartbreaker,

Thank you! :)

Yes, Leia is very interested about the Jedi...after all it is a "forbidden topic" under Imperial law.

Oh yeah! The battle....yeah, I am glad that you are into the story so much that you are anticipating this so much.

Thanks for reading!

15. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    Author - astarael

Note 10
    Leia,

I'm just so glad that you are safe and sound. I'm glad that no one was in
    Luke's house when it was destroyed. That would have been a great tragedy if there was. Luke is a wonderful kid who doesn't deserve to have something like that happen to him.

Yes, he does seem like a nice person. I think he was exceited as well. I have alot of people whoget that way when they join the Rebellion. To stand up for what you believe in is most definately something to get excitied about, don't you think? As for the rescue that both Han and himself pulled... Hey, at least it worked. At least you know they're spontanious.

And yes, my son was Anakin Skywalker, Padme, husband and a great Jedi. They absolutely worshipped the ground that eachother stood on from what I hear. I wasn't there when they where married you see.

I don't like to think about how my son died, but I like to think he died defending those he loved. And it would be excellent to see Darth Vader meet his end on that monstrocity.

I hope Luke knows what he's getting into with this battle. It won't be pretty, I know that much. He has alot of courage to go up against the odds but. I'm proud of him for doing so. I hope he'll be ok.

I hope we can win this fight. The Empire needs to be stopped, starting with this oversized battle station.

He will win this.

We have to.

Shmi

16. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002

Note 11
    Shmi,

I told him that he?s welcome for the information and he smiled.

That makes sense now. My father is a good friend of Padmé?s. I can tell they have been friends for a long time, and they respect each other. I might have said this before, but Padmé has been very kind to me. You must have been so happy to see her be chosen as your son?s wife. It sounds that they had a very special romance. You weren?t at their wedding ceremony? I?m sorry to hear that.

The battle is not going very well. My friend Luke is fighting in it, and I?m very worried about him. I don?t want him to die, but there?s a ship that he can?t shake and I?m scared that he?ll die. There?s only a minute left until the Death Star puts us in range anyway.

What past missions has the Rebellion tried achieving, and what was the success rate?

Luke will be happy to know what you think of him. He?s been very worried about his registration information, as you already know. Standing up for something you believe in certainly is a cause to get excited. Yes, Han and Luke?s ?rescue plan? worked, though it was highly unorganized. Han can be so annoying sometimes!

I understand, and I?m sure your son died just how you said?defending those he loved.

Luke seemed to be so determined. I saw the look on his face before he got in his ship. Luke has survived so far but I worry for him. So many people have been shot down by a particular TIE fighter, and there have been whispers in the control room that it is Darth Vader! Luke is courageous, but I don?t want Vader to kill Luke.

Leia

17. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    Author - astarael

Note 13
    Leia,

Padme is a very kind soul, and I'm proud that she is my daughter-in-law. From what I know she and my son were happy and absolutely adored each other. I'm sorry as well I missed out on seeing their wedding, but Padme's family didn't go either as Jedi aren't meant to have families. I never understood that rule.

I'm worried about Luke and the battle as well. But I'd rather go down fighting for what I believe in than any other way. We just simply have to have faith that we will succeed. We've been in bad situations before and pulled through, I just hope we can do it again. As for the missions we've tried in succeeding and the success rate, you're better off asking your father for those. remember: I'm just the registration lady!

I'm sure Luke will pull through this. After all, he managed a rescue without any plan at all, so luck is on his side. As for Han, I think there might be something going on there between you two. You know the old saying: The one you hate is the one you love!

I hope Vader doesn't get Luke either. Let's hope that someone destroys the Death Star before anything else can happen.

Shmi

18. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002

Note 13
    Shmi,

Okay, so you?ve known my father and mother for a long time. So you don?t know much about Sara.

I was so proud of my friend!!!!!!! He blew up the Death Star, and my other friend (who seemed rather selfish) came back and saved his life!

It?s encouraging to know that most of the Rebel missions have been successful.

Are you going to the awards ceremony? I?m going to be handing out the medals to Han and Luke, and maybe even Chewbacca.

Also, where do you think our new base will be?

How many rebel bases have there been so far, and on what planets? Where was the first Rebel Base?

You said that Jedi weren?t meant to have families? How is that? My friend Luke said his father was a Jedi.

You think that Han and I are in love? I don?t completely hate the guy?but I cannot think of him like that. It?s a wonder he cares about anyone besides himself. I doubt he would go for my type anyway.

Well Luke did it! He made the shot, and now the Death Star has been destroyed! I can?t believe it!!!!

Leia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.