main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Shmi Skywalker in " A New Hope" for next DVD

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Det_Pak, Sep 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Det_Pak

Det_Pak Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2003
    I just thought of something that would really be a nice addition to the next DVD update,this would tie in the prequel Trilogy to the Classic.
    In "A New Hope" CGI add Shmi Skywalker's Tombstone/grave marker(s)from AoTC into a scene with Luke,that would be a great addition in the next release.

2. Darth_Oracle

Darth_Oracle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    honestly i can't see why the didn't do that for this release. it's not like it spoils anything...

Perhaps tho, as far as a story explanation: Owen removed these things to prevent Luke from asking too many questions about his father. In ANH it seems Luke knows very little about Anakin, so it seems plausable that Owen would do this for that reason. If luke asked about his grandmother, it would eventually lead to how she died, who was his grandfather, what was his father like as a boy etc etc...

Perhapse this has already been done by the end of E3...

Any just my thoughts.

3. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    Yeah. I'm sure Owen removed the markers. Besides we never get a clear angle from that side anyway.

4. Det_Pak

Det_Pak Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2003
    Owen had lied to Luke..Yes to protect him,but not discussing the Markers would of been easy to explain,or simply add one more lie to others about his Father..I don't think anyone with a decent soul would remove anyone's grave markers..could you?

5. JediMasterRevan

JediMasterRevan Jedi Youngling star 4

May 18, 2004
    Yes if it would protect my son.

6. Det_Pak

Det_Pak Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2003
    Why remove a tomb marker with the name Skywalker written on it? I mean Anakin/Vader knew she was buried there he buried her himself!!,and Luke was openly using the name Skywalker,so what would be the point of removing Shmi's marker?

7. Darth_Oracle

Dec 6, 2000
    Like I said, I think it was more to avoid any more mention of his liniage than anything else. Even at 18, Owen told Luke to "forget it" when he discovered his father had a friend named obiwan... lol Imaging Owen trying to explain to Luke his father had....

wait for it.........................

a MOTHER????

lol

8. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    Maybe I am wrong but in ANH the same place isn't shown is it? I mean there house is shown in both but I don't believe you see that same area

if so can someone post pic of each

9. Det_Pak

Det_Pak Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2003
    I see your side of the point..but I bet Owen would of had some sleepless nights..IF? he knew who Darth Vader was and he had pulled his mother's tombstone up and erased her!
    But anyways I think the marker's making an appearance in a New Hope would be a nice connection to the series.

10. Darth_Oracle

Dec 6, 2000
    I agree it would make a nice appearance, Det - but if Vader DID show up on the farm, i think that that particular issue wouldn't make any difference. They'd die just trying to protect luke...

If it is not explained in E3 why they are not there, then I hope they are put there for some future release.

11. Det_Pak

Det_Pak Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2003
    well for fun debate..why would they die to protect Luke? at this point in time Vader doesn't even know Luke exists,much less it's his son?
    2) If Vader were to arrive at the farm,point again most likely unless Obi Wan had told Lars Anakin was Vader..this we don't know yet? Owen would not interfere with Vader and of course the Stormtroopers that would arrive with him..and scratch his head in wonder as to what the visit was about?

12. JMaster Luke

JMaster Luke Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    This reminds me. Wouldn't Vader be pretty pissed when he finds out that the home of owen his burned. Wouldn't Vader be mad that his mothers tomb might get damaged (thats considering nothing happens to it already in episode 3)

13. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Probably not. He seems to have shunned everything from his prior life by the time ANH has rolled around, and would probably sooner forget all that stuff.

You'll notice he sends a bunch of random stormtroopers to clean up the pod/droids situation and just goes home to chill out on the Death Star, instead of leading things on Tatooine and finishing his own job himself...

Rick McCallum loves you!

14. Det_Pak

Det_Pak Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2003
    Yea the inner struggle Vader/Anakin goes thru must be pure Hell,His devotion to the Emperor and the Empire,his battle within himself to not BE Anakin,but he must still battle the death/murder of his mother,Padme's love.
    I'm a father myself and I can't even begin to imagine the battle he was waging within himself during RoTJ with Luke.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.