main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Shocking things people say to you

Discussion in 'Community' started by LifeInTechnicolor, Feb 22, 2013.

1. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yeah, anytime anyone starts with "Hey, I'm not racist...", get ready for something not too cool.

2. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    just for that i'm going to start preceding random announcements with "hey, i'm not racist..."

hey, i'm not racist, but i could really go for a cup of coffee right now. hey, i'm not racist, but i thought silver linings playbook was kind of overrated. it should be fun watching people puzzle out what one thing could possibly have to do with the other.

MrZAP, solojones, SuperWatto and 3 others like this.
  3. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Black coffee, right? o_O

4. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Hey, I'm not racist, but I really think the front grill on the new Ford Fusion looks like an Aston Martin.

5. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    Seriously...

"So I've decided that I should start coming to school." <-- a student

6. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    Hey, that's not nice! It's African-American coffee, thank you very much!

7. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Firstly, Harps, if I ever need you to speak for my music tastes, I will let you know but you can otherwise consider yourself relieved of that duty. I would happily bet money most of the metal I listen to you haven't heard of, and Metallica? That's like me saying you like Dr Who soundtracks. Inappropriate!

Secondly - **** off Megadeth aren't. Without Mustaine's guitar playing so much modern metal wouldn't exist. Rust in Peace is an absolute classic and I consider anyone who doesn't appreciate it no better than Juliet316 in terms of relative taste.

Even with Mustaine's wildly idiotic new right wing beliefs, he's still producing classic tracks - listen to the double opener of Endgame and tell me that for a 50 year birther that's not metal.

8. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    Being a 50 year old birther negates any and all claims to being metal.

Not that age has anything to do with it. Hell at his age he should know better.

9. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Feeling cranky today, Ender?

10. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    100% agreed that he should know better. And for a guy who used to be fair liberal and stuff, it just make Mustaine look even more odd.

But, Rust in Peace. If he wants to be remembered as strange old white dude, that's Mustaine's decision and I wish it wasn't so, but it is. But he made that album, and he plays guitar like nobody's business. That's a legacy right there, not being a birther.

Tunes. Someone, who has literally no idea, said I like Metallica. I don't think you get how inappropriate that is.

11. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    Å vedta din mening som sannhet sluttet å være morsomt omtrent den 10 000. gangen du gjorde det... Én gang er morsomt. To ganger er morsomt. Tre ganger kan være morsomt. Men det får være grenser...

Zapdos and Rogue1-and-a-half like this.
  12. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

Do you need to talk to this man?: [​IMG].

Juliet316 likes this.
  13. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I don't care if it's not cool. I will rock out to Master of Puppets until I die.

14. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i wonder how long that will take. i mean i assume you can still eat and drink while rocking out, but sleeping is out of the question. this will be interesting.

MrZAP, Dark Lady Mara, eht13 and 3 others like this.
  15. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    I agree that Megadeth > Metallica. And it's because of the riffs, the riffs are just far superior.
    Metallica's output for the past quarter century has been so mediocre that the best thing they put out was a psycho-analysis documentary... that just happened to feature Dave Mustaine.

Oh and this guy:

[​IMG]

16. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    It featured a cut of Mustaine in the special features which seemed fairer and more balanced than the theatrical cut scene... hmmmm....

SLG, when did you first listen to NIN out of interest?