main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Shoe in Space

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by BLemelisk, Aug 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BLemelisk

BLemelisk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2003
    I've been scouring the ROTJ space battle scenes examining every frame, and I still have no idea where the friggin' SHOE is that was supposedly slipped into the fantastic sequence by Ken Raltson during filming. Now, I honestly don't think it will ever be found, I think that they just used it as a basic framework for a Rebel Cruiser or something, and then added different shapes and parts to it to show the different structures and fixtures shown on the exteriors of all SW starships.

Does anyone out there have themselves a theory or evidence as to where the shoe is or what happened to it?

PS-Can anyone find the yogurt container that's in the same legendary battle? (I haven't even tried looking for this one yet.)

2. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    This story has been around for years. I've looked for it many times, but never found it. I've never met anyone that has seen it either. It might be there, or it might just be one the urban legends of Star Wars.

Although, once that movie is on DVD, I'm going through that battle frame by frame.

3. ferelwookie

ferelwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 4, 2001
    I'm in the same boat. Have been looking for the "shoe" for years, but have never found it. I'd appreciate any info or tips anyone has.

4. Old_Brown_Shoe

Old_Brown_Shoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Gee, and I thought this topic was about me! :)

This thread is also on this topic, and is worth a look.

5. Bjork

Bjork Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 21, 2002
    Fullscreen could be your problem. :(

6. Duro_Blade

Duro_Blade Jedi Master star 3

Jan 4, 2002
    Theres also a rumor of a potato.

7. Gaeri

Gaeri Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 12, 2003
    Yeah, I heard about the potato. It's in the asteroid field in ESB. At least, I think I found the potato.

The shoe still eludes me.

8. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    The latest Insider shows a picture of the "shoe". It's a huge ship (the third, I believe) seen filling up the top of the screen after Lando shoots the 3 tie fighters. You only see a portion of the shoe.

I've yet to verify this on my LD's, but I'll get back to you guys on it. ;)

9. Old_Brown_Shoe

Old_Brown_Shoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    We should see what brand it is. Maybe, like blaster and lightsabre color, there is a correlation with shoe brand and what side you're on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.