main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Shooting might be headed to Iceland

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by TheBBP, Mar 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Maybe it'll be a floating chunk of Alderaan ala Supergirl: The Movie

2. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    On the subject of returning to Hoth - is there really a point? The Rebels picked Hoth because it was so desolate and was generally a poor place for a settlement. I think people in the news are just immediately attributing it Hoth because that's the only icy location from the OT. It's iconic to filmgoers, but not in-universe, it honestly isn't very noteworthy.

The summer photo of Iceland actually reminds me of Alderaan, but sadly, we know that's not an option
    [​IMG]
    Real life set locations have always been turned into something foreign and exotic with Star Wars. Maybe Iceland won't reuse a location from the Saga, but I'm still perfectly fine with that.

Darth Raiden and Yanksfan like this.
  3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    It'll just feel like a retread if VII takes place on Hoth.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  4. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Yes, because the Greenlanders all live in igloos and eat each other. They also eat penguins, that they presumably import from far away, considering this remarkably well-dressed bird is traditionally only found on the southern hemisphere.

5. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Sometimes it's not easy to realize sarcasm on the interwebs... but c'mon people that one was obvious. And also pretty funny. :p

6. Darth_Articulate

Nov 1, 2012
    [​IMG]

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  7. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    +1 +1. I am sure there are many frigid locales in the SW galaxy besides Hoth. IMHO, it would be kind of lame if they went back there. I don't want the new movies to shoehorn in certain locations just because we have seen them before.

8. Darth_Articulate

Nov 1, 2012
    ICELAND IS NOT FRIGID!!!!! Ah, what's the use....

9. Lurknomore

Lurknomore Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2014
    They should change the name of their country to "Vacationland". Something tells me it would be a huge boon to their economy...

10. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    [​IMG]

11. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Returning to Hoth only makes sense if there is a 'revisiting' element to the plot - something like KoTOR.

12. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    There are no indications they will return to Hoth. None!

13. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    But... but... the country is called ICE. LAND. I haven't bothered to properly educate myself on the actual geography but just look at the name. The NAME!

14. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004

It's a shopping planet.

[​IMG]
    The whole planet is one giant shop.

15. Darth_Articulate

Nov 1, 2012
    I just heard indications they might be filming in Waterloo, Belgium. Fire up the Internet! They're going back to Kamino!

16. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003

yeah but there are so many stupid people in the world one can never be sure.

17. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    Yes, let's all make fun of people who associate Iceland with cold weather! What a bunch of maroons! Because I'm sure they're going to Iceland to film E7 Tatooine scenes....

18. Darth_Articulate

Nov 1, 2012
    It's not poking fun at people for associating Iceland with cold whether, it's poking fun at them for speculating on what an Iceland plate shot would look like without knowing what Iceland actually looks like. Some people are even publishing articles without doing the research. I would think that's at the very least deserving of a little poking fun, if not outright derision for spreading baseless Hoth rumors. Poking fun of it is actually one of the kinder ways of addressing journalistic turpitude, so take it easy.

19. plaidphoenix

Nov 6, 2013
    No, no, they're going to Iceland to film plates for Cloud City.

20. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    There is an endless amount of ways you can combine letters of the English language, putting some vowels in there, and you can come up with new planet names. No reason to use the same combination of letters.

Vetihopacia-see I just made up a planet. No need to retread.

21. Lurknomore

Lurknomore Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2014

Wouldn't this be a great planet for Luke to have settled on? It looks magical...

22. plaidphoenix

Nov 6, 2013
    I think we should call it Your Grave!

23. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    It's not like Iceland doesn't have giant glaciers.

Personally I think that iceland and the Skye are models for the same planet.

24. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    It could be a social statement. Hoth could be a victim of global warming.

25. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Been there in May have you? It's one of the greenest places I have ever set foot on. But, let's not allow facts to get in the way of blind, ill-researched conjecture.

Darth_Articulate likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.