main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Shooting might be headed to Iceland

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by TheBBP, Mar 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTHLARS

DARTHLARS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    The Hoth scenes were shot in Finse, Norway. I visited at the end of April, beginning of May 2010. The lake was still frozen and there was plenty of snow. The cold climate is much due to the altitude, it being in the mountains.
    At the same time it was full spring in Norway's capital at sea level, with almost summer temperatures - I know because I visited there right before and after Finse.

According to the location manager in Finse, Norway, it was chosen for its proximity to England and the ability to transport props and set pieces there. Train ride from Elstree to the coast + ferry + direct train.

2. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    I suspect we'll see plenty of panoramic landscape shots of whatever planet this is supposed to be. I agree that the Isle of Skye and Iceland are likely locations for the same place. Compare all these pretty Icelandic images with the ones we were gushing over a couple months ago from Skye.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyone think those cliffs look like the ones from the Falcon pics we saw in this picture?

[​IMG]

EHT, Iron_lord, mavjade and 3 others like this.
  3. RobShanti

RobShanti Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2009
    Just tremendous. Those shots of Iceland are just beautiful. I really think the ST is going to put Iceland on the map the way LotR did for the Kiwis and the OT did for Tunesia. I can see many, many fan tours to Iceland in the 21st Century emerging from these films.

4. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Between Iceland's incredible vistas and the Skye Island's outrageous mystique, those locations are possibly the two things making me the most excited about Episode 7 right now!

5. Lurknomore

Lurknomore Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2014

I can picture something amazing taking place here. ^:)^

EHT likes this.
  6. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    They return to Hoth to finally release those wampas from that room.

7. pete brock

pete brock Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2016
    what was iceland???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.