Beyond Shooting Stars~ Jedi, New Republic era AU, Updated 3/01/12

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by MiralukaJedi, Jan 20, 2012.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. MiralukaJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Title: Shooting Stars
    Genre: I,Exile and Knights of the New Republic AU/Drama
    Summary: The activities of the Acquistion Division of the Jedi Order in the early years of the New Republic, as seen from the eyes of various Jedi.

Note: This story will contain mulitple parts and will (so far) take place between 4.6-10 ABY. This timeline is subject to change, however, both upon my own whims and the requests of others.

The First Tale~ Daughter of Commenor

Anteluma, Commenor
    4.6 ABY

It was a bright and sunny day when the Lambda shuttle Far Seeker landed in the space port in the bustling city of Anteluma on Commenor. The shuttle looked like every other Lambda class shuttle in the galaxy but for one important detail: it was currently in the possession of a newly resurgent Jedi Order.

As the dock officers came out in a flurry and began to demand various docking fees, as well as filing various pieces of paperwork, two Jedi exited the shuttle. One, a tall blonde man with a military style haircut dressed in the robes traditionally associated with the Order and he was a full Knight. The other was a petite female with pearlescent hair and silver eyes, a Near Human who wore robes of light blue and silver. She had only recently been made a Knight, a process made difficult by the fact that she was just barely Force sensitive enough to become a Jedi Knight.

They were here on a mission for the Order, a very special mission which could have the potential to shape the entire future of the Order. They were members of the newly recreated Acquisition Division, which sought to recruit younglings and hidden Force-sensitives to a life of service within the Jedi Order. But unlike the old Order, the way in which these Jedi intended to try to bring them into the Jedi Order with the intention of maintaining ties to their families.

This, of course, was a bit difficult given the reputation among some that the Jedi Order was nothing more than a horde of baby snatchers. But the Knights were prepared for that. They carried with them information on employment and even resettlement options for the parents on their sanctuary world of Dantooine. It had never been done before. It was a new idea, a new way of doing things.

And this case was going to be a first test case- previously, many of the recruits were gathered from refugee populations or were members of Rebel forces who were found to be Force sensitive. This involved an infant, one of the first to be tested since Endor. This case would require finesse and diplomacy.

And hopefully, it would succeed.

Kam Solusar had never anticipated that he would essentially take on the role of being the one-man Acquisition Division of the Jedi Order. With his formidable duelling skills, he would have thought that he would be on the front-lines fighting against the Imperials and Inquisitors. Or that he even might be asked to act as a trainer for a number of teens and adults who had been recruited recently into the Jedi Order.

But somehow, it had made him the perfect candidate to find potential Jedi in the expanding territory of the New Republic. It was likely those same duelling skills that made him ideal for this venture. If there were Imperial agents about, the Council reasoned that it was all the better for the Jedi candidates and possibly their families to have adequate protections on the journey to Dantooine. Though typically, it was just him.

Sometimes if he was lucky, like now, he would be accompanied by another Jedi who needed a ride to another mission or one who momentarily thought that they wanted to give the calling of the Acquisition Division a try. In the case of Tionne, who was becoming an avid archivist, it was the former- she wanted to attempt to profile the final fates of Commenori Jedi.

It was a nice change, having someone to keep him company. And with his upcoming visit, having a female Jedi along might even prove to be advantageous to convincing the parents to allow their child to train or at least allow them to confirm the results of the initial midi/>
  2. LexiLupin Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Oooh! I am intrigued! :D

Kam and Tionne- a fun and interesting pair to be at the center of your AU- though I'm having a hard time envisioning Kam handling little babies... :p

So when you ask if we have ideas for others we would like to see them recruited- are we specifically talking kids? Or could someone like Corran be recruited?

This looks fun and looking forward to more!
  3. MiralukaJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Right...this is part of an existing AU that I've been writing since 2008 or so. Hence the I,Exile and Knights of the New Republic AU- perhaps I should have explained that better. If you want to get an idea, the first work is linked to my signature.

And yes, it might be hard to envision Kam doing this but remember that he muses the reason why he is handling infants and young children is for their protection- to protect them from Imperial agents and the Inquisitorius. Protection is the primary reason here. When I ask for who you would like to see recruited, it could range anywhere from kids and teens to adults. As for Corran, he's already a Jedi Knight in this AU. So, you could potentially see him in that capacity on one of these little trips.
  4. mavjade It's so FLUFFY! Fanfic & New Movies Manager

Manager
    star 5
    Oh, what a wonderful idea, Miraluka!!

I really enjoyed Kam's rational at why he was picked to be the recruiter. He really is a good guy for the job! :) Danni's father made me sad... but change is always hard for people and everyone acts differently. I had hoped he would come around but I'm glad her mother did the right thing!

If you do them, would you mind shooting a PM when you update?

Great job! I'm look forward to seeing how other young Jedi joined the order!

5. MiralukaJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Thank you. I've tried this once before for the proverbs challenge last year and decided to give it a try on a larger scale. Thanks- a seemingly odd choice but the right one in this case. And you're right, people will react to change differently. And yes, I will add you to the PM list. Welcome aboard!
  6. MiralukaJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Just upping to see if anyone else wants to read.
  7. MiralukaJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Here we go- the second tale. This takes us into drastically different territory, where we have a couple giving up their child to the Jedi for religious reasons. By this, I mean that their religion is essentially hostile towards Jedi and they cannot see themselves having formal contact. I am not trying to make these parents the bad guys- they are in a situation where they are completely out of their depth and do what they feel is best for their child. My apologies if this offensive for any reason. I do not mean it to be, I am merely presenting a possible reaction to the idea of their child being drastically different from the norm.

PM list
    mavjade

The Second Tale~ Son of Teyr

Rhysode Family Ranch
    Near Pyre Folas, Teyr
    4.8 ABY

Three year old Ganner Rhysode was a rather precocious child. To his often beleaguered young parents, it seemed that trouble followed him everywhere. If there was something that he shouldn?t have, he found it. If the boy went hiding for a few hours and his parents frantically searched for their eldest child, they would find him unharmed sometime later, giggling even as his parents admonished him.

As it was, the two of them didn?t think too much of it, except that he was a magnet for trouble. Until one incident as the boy was a few months away from his fourth birthday that made them think there was more to it. One that terrified them to their very cores as it shook their beliefs and faith in the fabric of the galaxy.

The Rhysodes were followers of the Cosmic Balance. Like many of their brethren, they had come to see the Great Jedi Purge as the greatest justice in the universe in correcting the injustice that no doubt resulted from the existence of such greedy beings. It was the way of things- good equalling out the bad and vice versa. They had looked forward to the day when their children would take part in the Rule of the Bowl and the Feather, as they had as children.

Until they saw what their little boy was capable of. The father, Snarr, had gone into Pyre Folas to settle accounts with some of their feed suppliers leaving his wife, Talcia and eighteen month old daughter Yamma alone on the ranch along with his son. Talcia had decided to take the two children outside, treating the younglings to the twin delights of fresh air and nature.

She turned her back for one second- she knew that she should be able to keep an eye on her children regardless of the circumstances. It didn?t mean much when she heard a screech of terror from her small daughter that sent her scrambling back to her children.

Talcia saw a sight that made her afraid of her son- Yamma was screaming at a vicious insect approaching her, the spinned wing spider, which could kill her if stung. The spider was being swatted away from the small girl by a floating stick, which swung in wide, sweeping arches in its direction and away from the girl. Ganner was looking in deep concentration at the stick, as if he were the one responsible for it moving. That the three year old was defending his little sister.

Talcia, in terror, quickly killed the insect herself and grabbed her daughter closer to her chest and shielded her from her son, as if the boy would do something unnatural to his sister. The little boy looked at his mother in confusion, wondering what he could possibly have done wrong.

?Big bug tried to hurt Yamma, Momma. I saved Yamma. I chased the bug away!? he said proudly, as if that explained it all.

Talcia just nodded, stunned with the knowledge that her son had the ability to become one of those greedy Jedi who upset the balance of the cosmos. She just nodded and smiled nervously at her son, herding him inside their home.

And she wondered what it was that she would do with the boy now.

When Snarr arrived home later that day, he became just as disturbed as Talcia was at what had occurred with Ganner. This was not supposed to happen. The Jedi were supposed to be extinct- even though there were reports that the Order had been reformed and refounded. And the fact that their son clearly had at l/>
  8. mavjade It's so FLUFFY! Fanfic & New Movies Manager

Manager
    star 5
    :_| :_|
    Poor little Ganner!

The little boy had quickly discovered that his parents no longer loved him.
    This really broke my heart! At first I thought (hoped) they were just pulling away from him to make it easier on themselves when they gave him to the Jedi but then I realized how they really were and it killed me.

Your attention to details in this is amazing! Wonderful job! I look forward to more!

=D=
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade