main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rumor Shooting to start in August under the code name Foodles?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Chewgumma, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    I just stumbled across this little snippet from Jedi News. Don't know if it's true, but it's interesting none the less.

http://www.jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=12848

I'd like to believe this. And with all the rumblings of pre-production on major physical builds at ILM already being underway it wouldn't surprise me if it's true. But on the other hand isn't this a little early to start filming if they're aiming for Summer 2015?

Seagoat and Echo-07 like this.
  2. Kuestmaster

Kuestmaster Jedi Master star 2

Nov 17, 2012
    Coodles seems like a cereals name

3. TheTwinSuns

TheTwinSuns Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2013
    Seems interesting...

4. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013
    Shooting underway within weeks? Nah...

Leaks would be coming through left and right. You would be seeing props and stuff from the film. Shooting starts probably February of next year.

my kind of scum and FinleySlade like this.
  5. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009

I'm thinking this too. But then there were no leaks at all about Disney buying Lucasfilm last year. There were no rumblings of such an event happening. There wasn't even any insider gossip suggesting it would happen. It was an event that took everyone by surprise. So Disney have shown that they can keep a tight lid on things before.

And again, there have been rumours of major physical effects commencing on the project for the last couple of months now. If what we've heard recently was true then props and sets could conceivably be ready to shoot with soon.

6. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I would love it if this were true but it seems a bit far fetched to me. I mean we've barely heard anything about casting but for this to be true casting would have to be finished or at least nearly there. I'll take this with a big grain of salt but will be pleasantly surprised if it turns out to be truthful.

TheTwinSuns and Chewgumma like this.
  7. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I hope Disney doesn't allow Abrams to be his secretive self.

8. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Jan 5, 2013
    Totally different things. You can keep that secret because not many people need to know or be involved.

But, when building actual sets with people knowing where its shot as well as completely aware of a new Star Wars film? Totally different story...

9. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    Would make for one Hell of an announcement at D23!

Who knows at this stage, but I have heard rumours that the cast is actually locked (and not just the big 3).

10. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Now you're just getting me damn excited! :p D23 can't get here soon enough.

Immortiss, TheTwinSuns and Chewgumma like this.
  11. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    Maybe at D23 they will announce a new character, droid D23 :p

Immortiss and darklordoftech like this.
  12. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    Well, don't hold your breath, just in case. I had also heard the Big 3 were meant to be announced last saturday. Maybe the rumours were off or maybe the announcement got pushed back to D23, which would make sense if the shoot was coming up this year - would be a monumental splash - or maybe it's all BS!

Darth Chiznuk and Chewgumma like this.
  13. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Oh definitely. I got burned twice already with May the 4th and CEII (although the Willaims announcement was nice and the video was awesome to see) so I won't believe until I see it. But it's hard not to get excited. :D

14. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    Ah, I figure why not? There's not much else to speculate over at the moment.

Immortiss and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  15. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  16. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Interesting...

It would be amazing if this were true, but at this point, I'm going to remain skeptical.

17. Mr. Crumb

Mr. Crumb Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 31, 2013
    Hmmmm......I'll be keeping an eye on this just in case.

18. cdgodin

cdgodin Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2009
    Wow, that is quick! If this is really true, I'd think it would be cool if at D23 we'd get a special broadcast from the whole cast on scene at the shoot for the first scene!

19. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I would be rather surprised if they're ready to shoot in August, that seems way too soon.

20. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    It's not unlikely ILM have been building models and stuff for a while. Shooting doesn't mean using actors, which we would know about.
    They may not be filming the actors until 2014, doesn't mean they can't do other bits before that. Makes sense if they want it done by 2015 and there are a lot of effects scenes that they want to do the old school way.

21. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    To be honest, I dont think any of us has any idea on what the timeline for second unit shooting is. Clearly, based on what LFL and JJ has indicated, principle shooting starts in January 2014. So, it could be legitimate that second unit activities have already begun.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  22. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    I'm pretty skeptical at this point, but we've been hearing about set/model construction for awhile now. As said before, it's possible that work on some effects shots have begun.

Immortiss and Toonimator like this.
  23. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Jan 5, 2013
    Animatics, and perhaps some pre rendering effects shots based on some early storyboarding could very well be underway. But that is not what the original article supposes. Also, that stuff could be done in the states, not in England.

24. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    IF they are filming its most likely minor preparation shots *like landscape pan shots or other non-actor related stuff*. So far no new actors have been cast so unless the OT3 are the only characters in this movie then I HIGHLY doubt they are filming anything of importance *like action scenes, or anything that involves actors*

25. Corax78

Corax78 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2008
    So sure are you that no one has been cast? Just because it hasn't been announced doesn't mean that they don't have a full cast already.