main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rumor Shooting to start in August under the code name Foodles?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Chewgumma, Jul 31, 2013.

1. TheTwinSuns

TheTwinSuns Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2013
    D23 anyone? ;)

El_Machete12 likes this.
  2. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    Not saying it's going to happen, but theoretically it could happen. Moriarty at Hitfix (Drew McWeeny) has reported that work has been going on for some time. We know the art department has been going and the model makers etc. I think it's also clear that story work had begun before the Disney announcement. Arndt has had plenty of time to get a shootable script done and dusted and again, rumours are about that casting is further along than we might think. It's not like they'll struggle to get actors to read for the various parts. Yes, it would be very quick but considering their release schedule, they have to start pretty soon. Who knows (it's probably not happening until early 2014) but it's fun to entertain the notion and I've also heard some time ago that Pinewood has been block booked for the next 10 years or so (though having said that, part of the problem could be the same dodgy rumours flying around the film industry then confirming each other). I have also heard a couple of other actors mentioned as at least reading for roles/ going into see LFL that I haven't seen elsewhere and this was about a month back. I won't drop the names as it's not my place to and they may end up not being involved at all. But movement has been taking place.

3. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
  4. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    If shoots are planned it is probably second unit work. Backgrounds... extras scenery. Stuff not requiring the principal actors.

5. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    As much as I would love that to be the case I just think it would be incredibly hard to keep secret that the entire cast has already been selected. Not sure if that's even possible in this day and age.

Darth Claire likes this.
  6. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Given they are still supposedly working on the script, will they have a storyboard done?

7. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Foodles is a Disney snack tray for kids, with fruits and veggies.

8. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    If shooting starts next month, that actually fits the production schedule of all six previous films. However, Disney's now in charge, and I'm going to take JJ Abrams at his word when he said production doesn't start until early next year. I'd love to be proved wrong.

9. Corax78

Corax78 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2008

Well they kept the sale a secret from everyone. When Kathleen Kennedy was brought in and she said they would focus on more movies nobody would believe it was the ST. The answers really are out there.

newdawn12 and FinleySlade like this.
  10. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    For him it might not, especially if he's working on other stuff. But KK and others can do work that he isn't needed for, isn't that why you have assistant directors and whatnot?

11. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    not so sure about this one, don't forget Disney are primarily using the UK for marvel too, not to mention Cinderella and likely Pirates.

12. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    I really doubt this, and I've learned to not get my hopes up. Just seems way too soon...Please prove me wrong though!

13. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Additionally, are they going to be shooting these films back to back? It's not just the ST movies booked, but the standalones, too. When are we going to hear any official news about them? They are keeping to themselves a lot.

14. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    It's hardly too soon given they only have next year to get it done (2015 will be some post-production but would mainly be promotional stuff if it's coming out in May). The previous movies took 3 years and we've had most of this year without much happening.

As for the standalones....it's possible they will have the story and casting for the ST sorted first before doing the spin-offs so they know who to include and what to reference and so on.
    We know people who are working on the spin-offs are consulting for Ep VII so that makes sense

15. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    If that's the case, then the news story wasn't even worth reporting.

16. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I think that's probably alot easier to keep secret though. I think it's already been stated that they kept the deal between a select few and so not many were in the know on it. Much easier to keep secret then casting when there are much more people involved. Leaks can come from anywhere from an actors agent or rep or from within Lucasfilm itself.

17. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    Disney's going to be cranking SW movies out once a year once they're up and running. 10 years doesn't seem too much of a stretch factoring in the ST and the stand-alones. I'm betting that the second the basic story was cracked they had pre-vis teams doing animatics for the major set-pieces, something Drew mentioned as well.

18. HegoDamask

HegoDamask Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 18, 2013
    This could be happening JJ has already relocated to London, plus we saw that script Tweet from Bad Robot.

19. TheStorm

TheStorm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    I dunno about this. But they have been in pre-production long before JJ even got involved. Ardnt had a completed treatment for Episode VII for Disney when they bought it. Some figure he worked on the treatment since last summer. He's been working on the script since September/October. So they've been very busy with that already. But I dunno if I believe this rumor or not. We shall see.

20. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    10 months is more than enough for a writer of Ardnt's calibre to turn in a shooting script, and with Kasdan and Kinberg onboard as the brains trust it's entirely possible the basic storyline and characters were locked in (at least) a couple of months back.

Immortiss and Corax78 like this.
  21. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
  22. TheStorm

TheStorm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 8, 2002

Well the story/treatment was locked when Disney bought it they talked about his 45 page treatment when the announcement of his involvement came through. So ya to turn it into a shooting script for him and polish, 10 months is more then enough time.

23. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    This sounds about right for a 2014 start. I'm skeptical of the August date reported but everything else makes perfect sense, ramping up for the start of production.

24. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    Especially when you're fast tracked to it a release date.

25. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Probably not, but we're all so desperate here that we cling to anything we can :p