main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rumor Shooting to start in August under the code name Foodles?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Chewgumma, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
  2. HegoDamask

HegoDamask Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 18, 2013
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/foodles-are-strong-star-wars-597253

Foodles is pretty much confirmed to be owned by lucasfilm!!!:
    "While there are those who would be tempted to dismiss this as mere coincidence, Jedi News also looked into the history of Foodles Productions, and found that, for its first day of existence -- That would be March 26, 2013 -- the sole director of the company was listed as LFL Productions Ltdā€¦ which is a subsidiary of LFL Production Holdings LLC and formerly known as , yes, JAK Productions* (The three current directors of the company, the site reports, all have Disney connections)."

*The alias Lucasfilm used for the prequels

3. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    Wasn't it confirmed that the script was *not* Star Wars? And has JJ relocated already? I know he was still in CA a couple of weeks ago... I probably just missed that news.

4. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    So is this confirmed or not? Doesn't August seem a bit to soon?

5. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    No, not at all. I'm betting they're announcing casting at D23.

And if you look at the history...

ROTS was filmed in 2003. AOTC filmed in 2000. TPM in 1997.

HegoDamask likes this.
  6. my kind of scum

Mar 4, 2002
    Looks close to confirmed that the fake name of the production is real, not sure how close to confirmed that makes the filming start date.

HegoDamask and Corvax855 like this.
  7. markdeez33

markdeez33 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2013
    Good, Gooood

All is going according to plan

Team Padme, Sum-Wan and HegoDamask like this.
  8. TheStorm

TheStorm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    Ya I don't think those were the Star Wars scripts, but it very well can be done.

9. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
  10. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    That's a great question. Here's hoping it's not true. Plus, the sooner the better.:p

11. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    If it ends up in Hollywood Reporter, than it's pretty much confirmed. Only problem is it's just confirmation that Foodles is related to Lucasfilm, not confirmation of the shooting schedule yet. Variety and Deadline are two others with staunch credibility.

Krueger likes this.
  12. my kind of scum

Mar 4, 2002
    To give Avengers 2 more time.
    (I'm hoping we get a May release, but unfortunately, there is a very valid reason that this one may skip May.)

HegoDamask likes this.
  13. HegoDamask

Jul 18, 2013
    So that Disney doesn't have their two biggest franchises competing? (Star Wars and The Avengers.) Avengers 2 is a may release date.

14. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    I still hope they move Avengers and keep Star Wars in May, but there's a very good chance that Star Wars won't be in May. We're gonna have to get used to things like this potentially changing. This is a different situation than any of the past movies.

15. HegoDamask

Jul 18, 2013
    Maybe, due to the timing of Avengers, they are beginning the production slightly earlier for a slightly earlier release; Say Q4 2014/ Q1 2015. Avengers did announce their release date first after all, So I would be a dick move to tell them to move it.

16. TheStorm

TheStorm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 8, 2002

Not really. Actually they would be releived, (the director) because it's saying you have more time to finish your film. It would be a month or so tops, but still under the schedules they usually have it would not be seen as "mean". That and it's the same company.

17. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    spin off?

18. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    I love being a Star Wars fan.

19. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Thankfully it looks as though Avengers may push back its release date. This is obviously not confirmation but it makes a pretty good point:

http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/07/3...mping-avengers-age-of-ultron-out-of-may-2015/

20. TheTwinSuns

TheTwinSuns Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2013
    Came across that yesterday. It would make sense. Joss Whedon would probably be fine with an extra month.

21. BarkingFrog

BarkingFrog Jedi Master star 2

Jan 4, 2009
    Why would you want things to be spoiled. [face_plain]

stormcloud8 likes this.
  22. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    For those who like spoilers. And I said "Abrams' secretive self", not normal secrecy.

23. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002

Has it been pointed out that 'Foodles' is an anagram of 'Fooled's' ?

/tin foil hat

24. robo_obi

robo_obi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002
    so...in the spirit of getting completely ahead of myself....

things do kind of point to a possibly August start...so lets project a little into the future....

Filming starts in August and then finishes in...say...early to mid October...if effects work is going on concurrently with filming (which I expect it would be)...it's entirely possible that we could get our first teaser trailer with Thor: The Dark World on November 8.

but as I said...I'm getting ahead of myself....lol

25. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Ritchie, you bring up an interesting point. Back in 95 or 96, Rick McCallum revealed to SW Insider he had a plan for shooting Episode One.

They would shoot third unit-vfx plate photography in '97. Then they would shoot second unit action sequences with the main actors later that year. Then, they would shoot the main bulk of the film.

Usually film production will shoot vfx heavy plates or shots first to allow the fx company to start work on it right away.
    It looks like Rick originally planned something similar but in a bigger more SW-way.
    Alas, the script was never finished in time for him to realize his plans.

But it does show that Lucasfilm at least planned to shoot a SW film over three years, divided into sections.

Maybe they intend to put that original plan into action this time round?

They could easily commence third unit plate photography. As long as they have an idea what they need and some shots locked down.

They would be ready if so. Don't need main actors or main unit for that. Don't even need second unit. You just need ILM and some still and digital cameras.