main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC Shore Leave 2005 July 8th-10th

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jack_T_Chance, Jun 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
  2. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    Ok I now learned what happens after 900 years of living by the Jedi Code... pics are forth coming and are not for the faint of heart. [face_devil]

Lori, it was about time we meet and oh yes we need to get together on the creation of this new garrison you speak of...

Peace bond my ho English!! [face_laugh]

Chrissy, your birthday presents were wonderful. [:D]

Sarah, your costume was wonderful and I'm glad you won a prize for it even if you were not in the contest! ;)

Lastly to Ken & Eugenia, oh my god what did we do to the "kids"!?! And thanks for letting me crash overnight. :D

Hey anyone know how to get ahold of Sporkman!?!

If I have forgotton anything, I blame Yoda!!

3. Darth_Twilight

Darth_Twilight Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 14, 2005
    I too had a really wonderful time yesterday. I think I started laughing almost the minute I got there and didn't stop till I left. I'm still chuckling over some of the stuff we talked about.

"Can you peace bond my Hoe, English" cracks me up everything, mostly with Wendy's initial reaction of the nearly losing her drink. I've already been researching how to quilt, LOL.

Wendy, I'm so happy you enjoyed your gifts! :) by the way, I'm only 29 too, what a coincidence!

Sarah, again, it was wonderful hanging with you and I loved your outfit. When will we see you again?

Eugenia and Ken, hilarious as usual. Thanks for offering the room. I think I probably should have stayed, the drive back was a little long. Yes, I took the wrong direction on 695. The tunnel scared me.

Joe, fun as usual *throws devil horns*

Lori, I'm happy to have met you! I'll probably be purchasing my armor bit by bit. I'll contact you when stuff starts arriving.

Yoda, that dirty old stinker.

4. PlayzOboe

PlayzOboe Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2005
    WHOO HOO!!!!!!! Shore Leave was great...some of you guys missed something REALLY hilarious today in the lines..Chrissy will probably appreciate this more than most but here it goes:

Apparently yesterday Steve Bacic was making fun of one of the interpreters (Meredith) and kept asking how to curse in ASL (of course). Well one of my friend's and I went out and got a few pamphlets of ASL sex signs...we made photo copies today and gave it to Steve with our signatures and e-mail addresses. He couldn't stop laughing! So Shari went and made another copy of one of the pages and we went around and handed the pamphlets out to all the actors (since they wanted to know waht the commotion was about) and got their signatures on their favourite sexual sign/position/most descriptive of self...was HILARIOUS!

Party last night was great times...Joe you still owe me a drink and I still owe you that shirt...Wendy has cajoled me into coming down next weekend for the meeting at the very least to give you the shirt so there you go.

Chrissy I loved your present too, I wore it last night as well as today! I can't believe you made it!

Ken and Eugenia, it was great finally meeting you in person, LOVED the Mara Jade costumes! Can't wait to see what you guys come up with for Dragon*Con.

Wendy, hope that hangover gets better LOL After you guys left for the diner Spat and I were still dancing at 10-Forward until we got kicked out...no pictures though oh well LOL Was some pretty fun shtuff

Sarah

5. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    Someone pinched my ass so hard that it left a mark. Anyone care to fess up? Sarah? Ken? YODA?
    I'll bet it was that little green letch. :p

6. Darth_Twilight

Feb 14, 2005
    Gosh, that explains how Yoda ended up with 20 bucks tucked into his robe. [face_dancing]

7. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002

Yoda claims to have no memories of what happened on Saturday.

$20!?! He's holding out on me!!! :eek:

8. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    Yoda is a cheap tart! :p

9. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    OOH! Can I wear a fezz? :p

10. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002

Ummm... no. :p

BTW, here are my pics, minus the infamous video because I can't seem to get that up yet.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cleverlilminx/album?.dir=/58bc&urlhint=actn,ren%3as,14%3af,0

11. Darth_Twilight

Feb 14, 2005
    A fez? We could be the Shriner Garrison! Tooling around in little miniature tie fighters!

12. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    How many freakin' garrisons are we going to become now!?! [face_laugh]

13. Midi-ChlorianLori

Midi-ChlorianLori Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 2003
    The Shriner Garrison? I like it...tooling around in our tiny TIE Fighters, each wearing a fez with the Imperial cog...sigh. Wouldn't that be awesome in parades?

Or the garrisons could march together- the TIE squadron would be followed by the Lancaster County folks in their rickshaw speeder bikes and beards. How picturesque!

14. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Hey if we're serious about this then I need to start making some quilts don't I!?!

[face_laugh]

15. PlayzOboe

Apr 8, 2005

[face_laugh] I saw Yoda do it! I really am curious now who pinched your ass LOL Sorry to leave you hanging Joe, I was off talking with a really cute Austrian guy [face_mischief]

Sarah

16. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Sarah you ratted on Yoda!?! :eek:

17. PlayzOboe

Apr 8, 2005
    Well he probably didn't remember doing it! In all fairness, he WAS pretty drunk! (well who wasn't?) I just remember thinking "Wow he pinched Joe's butt, I thought I was supposed to do that, dammit he stole my idea" which is why I'm ratting on him ;-)

Sarah

18. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Yoda says he doesn't care who wanted to pinch Joe's butt, he got to it first! [face_laugh]

I am in shock that Yoda would say or even do such a thing...

19. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    Why can't I get beautiful women to pinch my ass? It's always little green aliens. :p

20. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    The great thing about being Yoda is that with the Force, he didn't even have to get close to Joe to pinch him. This helped him avoid the task of finding out what really was under that kilt for another con. It's good to be Yoda.

I'll start hoarding hair for the beards.

It was great to finally meet you, Sarah - and I think anyone who can win a prize and NOT be in the masquerade is truly a slacker worthy of the GS.

Chrissy, always remember - the tunnel is not on the way home, but at least 695 is a circle.

And now, to look at the photographic evidence....

21. PlayzOboe

Apr 8, 2005
    Come on you had them hanging all over you, surely one of them must have done it ;-) If I fit into that catagory, I might have done it anyway ;-)

Sarah

22. PlayzOboe

Apr 8, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] I have to admit, that is going to be one of my favourite stories from now on... also nice to know I've found a group of people who have induced the slacker within me...that's why a bunch of people told me on Sunday they were worried about me because I dropped out of the masquerade...told them I decided to hit the bar instead LOL

Sarah

23. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002

Ok Sarah that alone should qualify you as a member of the GS!! [face_laugh]

*Wishes there was a drinking emotioncon to put here*

24. PlayzOboe

Apr 8, 2005
    [face_laugh] Where's my membership card dammit??

Sarah

25. TK813cricket

TK813cricket Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 8, 2004
    OK will someone please come up w/ a drinking emoticon??? It's just TOO relevant...

Crick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.