main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Short Clone War Episodes Equal TIGHTER QUALITY CONTROL

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by SoftballWizard388, Apr 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoftballWizard388

SoftballWizard388 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 17, 2002
    At first, I was disappointed about the 2-3 minute length of the "Clone War" cartoons, but then I realized the trouble of 30-minute episodes.

Many SW fans say they would LOVE a 30-minute regular show, but I think they assume it would have the same "quality control" as the SW films. It could not, because the nature of the 30- or 60-minute show is to "fill" that time completely. Especially with cartoons, it means repetitive plotlines and repetitive situations.

Remember "Three's Company"? Great show, but in time they ran out of ideas, and kept recycling the same stories over and over. (This applies to any long-term show, too.)

By keeping them short, fans get the "best stuff" at all times. So, at the end, there is a total of 60 minutes of story.

Now, with a long format, we would end up with 20-30 HOURS of Star Wars....now, that would NOT be good.

How many good movies have translated into good shows? MASH is one, but there are NOT many. Remember the "Ferris Bueller" TV show? What works for two hours in a movie is not always made for "continuing adventures."

2. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    But the Ferris Bueller TV show had Jennifer Aniston! [face_love] Can't go wrong with her!

Rick McCallum loves you!

3. ratmankey

ratmankey Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    You can't?

Somebody hasn't seen very many of her movies...

4. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Buffy lasted 7 seasons and it was loosely based on the movie of the same name. ;)

5. TheWombat

TheWombat Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    I read somewhere that like 72% of Three's Company episodes involved someone overhearing and misconstruing something they heard, resulting in zany antics.

Good post though, I agree.

6. GrandAlmightyMaster

GrandAlmightyMaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 30, 2003
    I totally agree with you. ;)

7. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    I agree, but at the same time the whole logic of the first post is some what flawed IMO.

No, the Clone War cartoons would never become like three's company or MASH or any other long running series, but that isn't due to their length, its due to the fact that they are pretty much just comercials for LFL and Ep-III.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.