Short Fic. For All The Years He Dried My Tears

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by The Jedi Princess, Aug 20, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Jedi Princess Jedi Master

star 2
    Just a short fic that hit me one night. Hope you enjoy it. :)
    ==================================================

As I look back on my apprenticeship with Master Qui-Gon Jinn. I remember something that seemed so small, so insignificant. But it will be in my mind, my heart, and my memories forever.

I was twelve, almost thirteen the first time Master Qui-Gon wiped my tears. I was in the garden, nursing a bruised knee. I had gotten into another fight with Bruck and he knocked me down. As he walked away, "I give it six months, and then Master Jinn will send you packing to the Agri corps."

Those words tore into my entire being. What if Bruck was right, what if Master Qui-Gon did change his mind and decide he did not want me? Some time later, Master came looking for me. I tried to hide my face, ashamed that I had been crying. What happened next surprised me. Qui-Gon took one of his hands and gently placed it on my chin and raised my face so I was looking at him. I remembered thinking, /For as huge as his hands are, they are so gentle./

In a kind voice, he asked, "What is troubling you Padawan?"

I could not answer right away, so I opened our bond and showed him the altercation. Then the tears came again I could not stop them. Qui-Gon pulled me in his big arms and held me until I could not cry anymore. Then he wiped my tears away.

He did so again, when I woke of nightmares of Bandomeer and of Phindar. He soothed my fright when I woke screaming that I was falling, or my memories were slipping away. He was my rock of strength as he used his fingers again to wipe away the tears of a thirteen year old boy who still was not sure of his place in the galaxy.

When I left him, left the order, I longed to have him to wipe my tears away again. And I cried many on Melida/Daan. When Cerasi died, a part of me died as well. I was alone. But when he came, even as upset as he was with me, as much as I had disappointed him, he wiped my tears again. As I retold the story of Cerasi's death, and I had to relive it, I was surprised to find him doing that. I almost pulled away, thinking, no, knowing, I did not deserve it, but I could not. I did not know if I would ever have that privilege again.

Then we went home to the temple. And Bruck died and Bant almost died. We did not have a lot of time to talk then. But when we did, and I of course cried, he wiped the never ending tears away and I knew then I would do anything to get him to take me again as his apprentice. That is why when he chose to go after Xanatos, I went with him. The choice was easy, and there was no question in my mind.

As much as he tried to hide it, Xanatos' death hit him hard. I should have been elated, I was his padawan again. But how could I be joyous when my Master was in pain? No matter what Xanatos had become, Master loved him once. I remember finding Qui-Gon in the bunk room of the ship meditating, or trying too. And I remembered that I got to return the favor that one time. For once, I was the one wiping *his* tears away.

Even as I grew from a boy into a man, I was never to old for my tears to be wiped away. I tried to act grown up, but really, I never felt safe unless I was in my Master's presence.

When my first love broke up with me, he was there wiping the tears away.

When one of my friends was killed on a dangerous mission, he was there again. His loving fingers sweeping against my face.

But what I will probably remember forever, is my wonderful Master, dying in my arms, wiping my tears away for the last time. That will be etched in my memory forever.

He is gone now, and I will never feel his loving hands again. But the lesson is still there, and I promise on the memory of my beloved master, I will wipe Anakin's tears the way he wiped mine.

The End

2. Padme_Na_Sky Jedi Knight

star 2
    I love it. Great Fic:>
  3. Jedi-Jade Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh, that was really good! :D
  4. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Wow. Wonderful JP, just wonderful.

The way you went through years to that finally, terrible scene...this is truly a masterpiece!!!
  5. Anakin's Angel Jedi Master

star 4

[face_sigh] That was so sweet, and sad! I love the last line....the way Obi-Wan takes his lesson and passes it on. Now, if only Ani had been smart enough to pass that lesson on as well....

aa :D
  6. Kelly Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    One word.... FANTASTIC!!!!!
  7. Neon Star Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  8. jodiwent Force Ghost

star 4
    Someone pass me the tissues...
  9. Obi the Kid Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks for posting this here JP !!! It is sooooooooooo good !!! :)

10. The Jedi Princess Jedi Master

star 2
    Thanks everyone! I am glad you all liked it.
  11. jedi_master_gimpy Force Ghost

star 4
    that was so sweet, JP!! I loved it!! :) (brought tears to my eyes).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.