main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Short fic: Just Within Reach TPM AU

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi Susie, Jul 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Susie

Jedi Susie Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2000
    Hey! It's been a while since I posted a story. Nope, this isn't a long one by any means. I'm working on one, so maybe in the next couple of months I'll get one out. Who knows. Hope you enjoy this!

Rating: PG

Summary: During the Battle of Naboo, Obi-Wan gives into something that offers him more power than he could hope for. But, what is the cost?

Notes: This story was written for a challenge to do a "dark" Obi-Wan fic. This just kinda came to me in an hour or something and I had to write it. It's AU (as you'll find out) and I hope plausible.

Feel free to give FB!

JUST WITHIN REACH

The darkness was pulling at him, tempting to drag him under its dark current. He could feel the force of it pulsing all around because of the one demon just yards away. The spiked creature paced the front of the red wall releasing the dark emotions at the two Jedi who, though separated, still held the Force together between them. Obi-Wan watched his Master meditate on the ground, gaining energy, as he, himself, paced like a nervous animal. And, in reality, that was what he was. He knew he only had one chance to gain his side next to Qui-Gon. Only one chance---

The red walls deactivated and with it the first two fighters join in battle as the third took off in a sprint to the end of the wall. The lasers turned on, coming to a close just in front of the Padawan. Obi-Wan skidded to a halt, stopping himself before damage could happen. Mentally, he swore.

//Too slow//

With his muscles tensing, Obi-Wan watched Qui-Gon and the Sith battle. The hits came faster than they had before; both fighters having gained needed energy. Obi-Wan silently gave his Master strength to hold out till he could join back in the battle. He watched as Qui-Gon parried a blow only to see the unthinkable occur. The Sith, with a quick reverse, shoved his red bladed light saber into the Jedi's stomach.

"NOOOO!" The cry broke through out the generator room and ended as the Jedi Master's body hit the ground dully. Obi-Wan felt his heart start to pound against his chest as he watched Qui-Gon's body stop moving. The young man looked up to the one who had delivered the deadly blow and saw the Sith smile. The monster's yellowed and crooked teeth mocked Obi-Wan and he felt his face flush with anger.

"One down." The creature's voice was deep and harsh. "One to go."

And the red wall collapsed a second time.

Obi-Wan took off faster then he ever had in all his life. He felt fueled by something- some power that he had never felt before. With new intensity he attacked the Sith, driving him backwards. Though close to being over powered, the Sith never lost his smile. He could feel the young Jedi slowly stepping closer to the Dark Side. He could feel its power trying to grab hold of Obi-Wan. And he loved it.

The Jedi skittered away from the Sith and took a moment to collect his thoughts. The second pause in time was enough for him to realize where his strength had come from. Obi-Wan felt his hands start to shake at the intensity of the Force around him. It wasn't of the Light either.

The Sith, though ready to attack, paused and looked at the Jedi. "Can you feel it? You know you want that power. NEED that power." An evil cackle escaped the monster's lips. "You can't win without it."

Obi-Wan didn't pause to considered the demon's words, but attacked full force tuning himself out to the dark powers that emanated so close. With a quick reverse slice, the Sith's double saber was broken causing the fight to even out some. Still, the dark power pushed at the Jedi, but Obi-Wan held off the temptation.

The Sith watched the Jedi and, at the right moment, when the positioning was just there, he sent a wild force push. The power behind the action caught Obi-Wan off guard and before he could so much as gain footing he felt himself falling.

The air around him was suddenly rushing past the Jedi's ears and he knew this was over- the fight lost, his Master dead. By chance, the young man reached out and felt his body smack soundly against t

2. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Susie, that was marvelous. The idea of Obi-Wan turning to the darkside to defeat Maul is something I'd never thought about.

Again, marvelous. :)

3. Heather_Skywalker

Heather_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 13, 2002
    It's amazing! Obi-Wan makes the dark side look good!
    Again, GREAT!

4. Jedi Susie

Jedi Susie Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2000
    Thank you both! I'm glad the you enjoyed the short story.

5. toxikhiro

toxikhiro Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 13, 2002
    Whoa! VERY GOOD! You really got Obi-Wan right on the dot! :)

I want more!!!!!

--Nate

6. Renton Kenobi

Renton Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2000
    Interesting.

I really liked how you wrote this. In some ways I always thought Obi-Wan had to touch the dark side to defeat Darth Maul. He couldn't have done it without it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.