main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

short fic: "Through it All" (JA)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi Susie, May 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Susie

Jedi Susie Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2000
    I wrote this story after watching the Anne Frank movie that was on last Sunday and Monday. I?m not sure who saw it, but those who did, I imagine, were as moved as I was by it. I have seen the other movies, other specials about her and read her book, but this time it really hit home. Perhaps, it?s because of the stress of graduating or of finals, but whatever the reason, I was touched by this special.

I believe that if you read this story you?ll be able to easily sort out the historic references in it. I only wish that the history this story is based on never occurred.

Rated PG-13 for violence, death, and drama.

I don?t own the characters of the Jedi or Council and make no money from this work.

~*~

?THROUGH IT ALL??
    By: Susie (Ari82@aol.com)

~*~

It was an ordinary diplomatic mission, the Council had said. Protect General H?olik from the possibility of uprising citizens, Mace had explained. Do not interfere with the citizens or how the planet Floa-1 is run, Mundi had emphasized.

Obi-Wan Kenobi would have laughed at what the Council deemed an ?ordinary? mission if it wasn?t so gruesome. The Council left out the important detail that Floa-1 was in the midst of a bloody world war and General H?olik was the leader of the deadly army known as Nize. Somehow, the information that the citizens known as Jeqs were being rounded up and murdered by the hundreds everyday, also slipped out of the Council?s grasp.

The young Padawan, only sixteen, followed dutifully behind his Master who followed the General around one of his compounds. The term compound was not how the boy would explain what he saw all around though. A prison, or death camp, was much more fitting.

Everywhere dirty, broken, decaying brown shacks rose from the mud littered with waste, both human and animal. The buildings each looked about ready to fall over and unworthy of holding life. But, Obi-Wan knew, all too well, what was inside those buildings for the General allowed the Jedi a tour just earlier that day when they first arrived on Floa-1.

Inside each shack, at least eight dozen Jeqs crammed together- dirty, starving, sick and dying. They all looked as bad as the homes they resided in did. When the Jedi and General had entered all eyes turned to them and the Padawan could see the pain so brightly in everyone?s faces that he felt sick to his stomach. He wanted to scream out at the top of his lungs about the injustices being done, he wanted to run and pummel the General for his evil ways, but more than anything he wanted to give these poor prisoners hope.

He wanted to tell all who would listen that things would be all right, that the next day would be better and they would be free and would live outside of their hell. Yet, as he walked out of the barracks and looked around he saw the truth of their situation.

Hope was a joke.

There was nothing to hope for here- this was death, and only, death. The lad had seen a brick building in the entrance of the camp and watched the smoke billowing out of it, leaving a snow like effect with ash that covered the ground. He was smart, he knew what the ash really was, or rather, at one time was.

Again, he felt sick.

How could this happen in a world with such technology, with such opportunity and with such promise? How could someone be so cruel, so blind, and just so evil? How could he, the Jedi, and everyone else who knew, stand by and let something like this happen? It was wrong- just wrong in so many ways.

The Jeqs were no different than the Nize. They all were of a race known as Floan, named after their planet, and since the planet had been founded they all lived side-by-side. Nothing separated the Nize from the Jeqs except for the small detail of their beliefs. Obi-Wan wasn?t certain about the differences, but off handily he heard the General mention something about a god known as Lenenas that the Nize believe in, but the Jeqs did not.

Because of this difference, H?olik felt it necessary to gain power and exterminate the Jeqs in order to ?save? the

2. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    I just read this on the JD list. This is a wonderful story Susie. Very meaningful. I am so glad you posted it. Thank you!

Obi

3. LadyVorgunby

LadyVorgunby Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2000
    this is very powerful Susie...

4. Jedi Susie

Mar 12, 2000
    Thank you both for the wonderful feedback. I'm so glad you both were moved by this story and the references to our own history.

Thank you again.

Btw: Up :)

5. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    That was very moving Susie. I don't even know what to say other than, thanks for posting that.

6. TrianaJinn

TrianaJinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2001
    Very powerful and moving story.

7. Jedi Susie

Mar 12, 2000
    Thank you both for the kind FB. I'm so happy to see people being moved by this story...it's more than I could ever have thought.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.