main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Short Season - A between the trilogies short story - complete in one post!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by REBADAMS7, Oct 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. REBADAMS7

REBADAMS7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    Ben sat in a breezy space at a large cafe in Mos Eisley. The heat of the midday suns baked the streets to bone; clearing them of traffic. Mouse droids wouldn?t even challenge the path. The "Lazy Moon was busy but not crowded. He planed on later taking an eopie out to the ranges south and make his way slowly back toward Anchorhead. This would help his reputation as a "crazy wizard" but riding out in the heat would certainly sear that title into a truth he did not want on his brain. For now, he sipped his ale and regarded the archway. It echoed with other places and other faces. Lost in memories, he felt an approach but not a threat with a familiar tang in the Force.

"Hot planet - I haven't been landside here much"

He stood and peered through his robe's ample hood "Please have a seat - it's been a while Rabe."

"I thought it might be you - I haven't heard that name either - since before." Neither had to elaborate. The new regime had created shorthand among the survivors. Safety found in what was not said.

She smiled, ?Just some plain water.? to the attendant then turning to Ben, her countenance fell. ?You look too much like your brother.?

?My Brother??

?There aren?t a lot of Kenobi?s in the galaxy, especially with red hair.?

?How???

?He was my husband.? She let that sink in a bit as her water arrived, sipped and continued. ?We were on Alderaan when the fighting broke out. He was proud of -- you, his brother the Jedi General ? he was amazed that I had known you. He volunteered ? he ?.he didn?t come back.?

Ben swallowed hard on a bit of ale.

?After the campaign on the outer rim. I got a medal and a tiny box.? She shifted in her chair, gazing out over the deserted plaza; continuing, ?I left Alderann. I believe my wanderings did not bring me to you at random. Now that I have you here I want your council." Smiling more with her eyes than her face she looked directly into Ben's face. "I carry ???

It only took him a moment to realize her burden. ?Soon??

?A moon or two to go, I?m passing through the outer rims, hoping to avoid some of the new friends hereabouts. Ertae will take the child. I?m afraid of the connections ? there are rumors ? horrible things for the children of the ???..Force.? Her voice fell to a whisper. ?They entered the temple, took records. Children, families ? all vanishing. I intend to do the same, on my own accord.?

The weight of Padme?s passing fell fresh on his shoulders and he again realized the wisdom of her sacrifice. ?Why Mos Eisley??

?Just changing transports. About the last corner of the universe I expected to see again.?

They sat silently in the heat. Ben put his hand to his chin, rubbing as he fell deep in thought.

?You still do that, I recall you doing that on my first run to Hutt space. Obi ?.?

He put up his hand to stop her. ?Ben, now just Ben will do.?
    He changed the subject, his curiosity demanding satisfaction.

?Boy or girl??

?No idea ? no chance to find out? You?.can you??

?Not sure.? He allowed a small grin to crease the corners of his eyes and mouth. ?Let?s see.? She nodded and he reached out ? finding a definitely feminine presence, small yet vibrant. ?It?s a girl.?

?A girl for Ben?

?What do you mean??

?Ben was your brother?s name ? Rai Ben Kenobi.? She took another sip and continued, ?The other side of the glass has a lot of stories to tell. The Force ran strong in your family. You had an Uncle who was also sent to the temple for training.?? She paused.

He touched her hand on the tabletop. ?You?re worried about your daughter ? there?s no temple to take her, no one..?

?Searching? Not here, but in the core they do seek out ?gifted? younglings ? we don?t know where they go.?

?Who??

?Officers, others at the Emperor?s bidding. They wander about and stop families - wherever, and take whom they wish.?

His blood ran cold. He had to know. ?Vader, does Vader do this too??

?The Dark Lord?? She paused; ?No? She shook her head with certainty. ?No, In fact I have never seen him shown near a child, hardly ever

2. americantragedy

americantragedy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2005
    hey! awesome job RS7!!
    -mia-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.