main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Short stories and Star Wars insider articles (#170 -- Voice of the Empire, Rogue One tie-in)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by jamminjedi23, Nov 9, 2015.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I just got #162 in the post today and read 'Bait'. I thought it wasn't bad. However I thought the female character would be the one seen sitting with the alien hunter in Maz Kanata's palace in TFA but the names are different.

2. BeesInABar

BeesInABar Jedi Master star 1

Sep 20, 2015
    I'm assuming it is her and she gave him a false name.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    That could be. There was no picture of her in the story.

4. bsmith7174

bsmith7174 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    Any word yet on what the next short story will be? The next issue is only 2-3 weeks away I believe.

5. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Star Wars Insider 163 didn’t have one. #164 Preview says there will be one but doesn’t give a clue what it will be.

6. bsmith7174

Apr 17, 2015
    Yea, I know the last one had an excerpt from The Perfect Weapon ebook. It just seems that usually by this point we would have heard at least a little tidbit somewhere on social media...

7. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Might be something to do with Bloodline, but I guess we will just have to wait. Another random Lando or Hondo story would of course be great.

8. The Corellian President

The Corellian President Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 23, 2015
    Aren't we due for another Blade Squadron one?

9. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    I want a short story about Kylo Ren. Maybe how he got Vader's helmet.

10. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    *Bazine hands Kylo the box*
    *Kylo strokes it a moment*
    Kylo: Why is it all... sticky?

Gorefiend likes this.
  11. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    So the next four stories were announced:

Issue #168 in September will be Blade Squadron: Kuat by Mark Williams and David Williams with art by Chris Trevas. It will tie in with Aftermath: Life Debt.

Issue #169 will feature Turning Point, which is set just after Return of the Jedi. It will be written by Jason Hough.

Issue #170 in December has Voices of the Empire, a short story that ties into Rogue One. It’s written by Mur Lafferty and features art by Jason Chan.

January/February issue has Blade Squadron: Jakku. Mark Williams and David Williams writing with Chris Trevas on art. The events of this story tie into Aftermath: Empire’s End.

Very excited to see two new Blade Squadron stories. The first two were great, and while the third was not quite as good I still love that we are getting regular stories about a B-Wing squadron.

12. TK-421 Is vader

TK-421 Is vader Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2015
    Iv lost track. What number are we on now?

13. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
  14. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    Thanks for that list. I was somewhat surprised to get through this latest issue and not see a short story.

15. mbruno

mbruno Jedi Master star 1

Jan 19, 2010
    I'm guessing that subscribers have gotten their copies of 167? 167 evidently won't be out at stores until 7/27(even though the back of 166 said that 167 would be available 7/12).

16. Riven_JTAC

Jun 28, 2011
    Correct. I got my copy of 167 middle of this past week, I think.

17. Riven_JTAC

Jun 28, 2011
    So, just read 168 this morning. To me, this was by far the weakest of the Blade Squadron stories in Insider so far.

18. bsmith7174

Apr 17, 2015
    I'm surprised this thread is so dead. Apparently there's a new short story out called Turning Point in SW Insider #169.
    Anybody read it yet?

19. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004

Yep, very interesting setting, kind of lame story.

20. bsmith7174

Apr 17, 2015
    I guess this is sort of a legal question...is it a "no-no" to scan Insider short stories and post them online?

21. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    Uh, as that is a direct violation of copyright, and gives unauthorized free distribution to one of the magazine's big selling points?

Yes. It's a no-no.

Many of them end up in the paperback editions of Del Rey novels. It's mainly how I'm adding them to my collection. Legally.

bsmith7174 likes this.
  22. bsmith7174

Apr 17, 2015
    Ok, I figured as much. I collect them by cutting them out with a razor and placing them in sheet protectors in a binder.

Taalcon likes this.
  23. Joe Kalicki

Joe Kalicki Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 2, 2014
    I thought it was a decent story with an abrupt ending. Would've liked to see it wrap up a little more neatly.

24. bsmith7174

Apr 17, 2015
    I feel like I must be missing something...it said it was a Life Debt tie-in...where was the connection?

The story itself was pretty fun I thought. Interesting concept with the lightning trees and tech-free zone.

25. Fettster

Fettster Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 7, 2003
    Did it say Life Debt tie-in? I thought it just said "Aftermath era" which I pretty much took as being set post-Endor, pre-Jakku (maybe even not that second part, but you get what I mean).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk