main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Short Stories/E-Books that made it into a novel's first printing?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by johnboy3441, Jun 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnboy3441

johnboy3441 Jedi Master star 1

Aug 14, 2007
    I noticed that a lot of novels get some sort of bonus short story or printed e-book (not really an e-book, then, is it?) when they go from hardcover to paperback, or are somehow released again. But which ones were bundled with a novel during the latter's first printing? The only ones I can think of were "Omega Squad: Targets" with Triple Zero and "Odds" with True Colors. Were there any others?

2. Black-Dog

Black-Dog Jedi Knight star 4

May 27, 2008
    Ylesia with The Joiner King is the only other one I can think of.

3. DarthBroox

DarthBroox Jedi Master star 3

May 22, 2003
    Betrayal included both In His Image and A Two-Edged Sword.

Boba Fett: A Piratical Man was bundled with Sacrifice.

4. johnboy3441

johnboy3441 Jedi Master star 1

Aug 14, 2007
    Yes, they did include those, but not in their original printings. Those didn't make it in until they made the jump to paperback.

5. DarthBroox

DarthBroox Jedi Master star 3

May 22, 2003
    Ahh, I misread the OP.

6. JediHobbit

JediHobbit Jedi Master star 5

Mar 2, 2002
    I didn't realize that Boba Fett was a pirate in addition do being a bounty hunter, mercenary, and Manda'lor. :p

7. TuskenTommy

TuskenTommy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 2, 2006
    haha! Small world bro.. I was just thinking of that..
    ---I will share a funny short /quick story about this... I really wanted to read Ylesia because mu buddy told me that it features Ky & Sal Solo, BOth i enjoy.. Porblem was i couldn't remember where i saw it.. I eventually found it in the Dark Nest book, but man i looked & looed...
    --Still wanna read recovery...

---I swear i thought i saw Ylesia in a boook store once. Purple cover with Jaina i believe on it. I learned that to be untrue cause it's a e-book, but hmm....

-What's "A Forest apart" about? Saw that listed in the 1st few pages of any NJO book.. Plus there was a mentoned ebook during the JJK/YJK run. Anyone? Is this sword e-book anygood? whats it about?
    --Explanation(spoiler free please) about a Practical Man. I knows it Fett, but that's all i know. I think i recall my best friend telling me about it explaining what Boba was up to for his missing years around Vec Prime era etc.. am i close?

8. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    Given that the ebook was released online for free, maybe someone printed out a copy and tried to sell it?

9. Black-Dog

Black-Dog Jedi Knight star 4

May 27, 2008
    A Forest Apart was mainly about Chewbacca spending some time with his son Lumpy on Coruscant.

I've never read A Practical Man, but I heard it's about Boba and the Mandos meeting some Yuuzhan Vong, including Nom Anor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.