main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Short Stories (JA) *updated 08/06/02*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Firedrake88, Oct 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firedrake88

Firedrake88 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2001
    Title: Short Stories
    Author: Erika
    Rating: PG to PG13
    Summary: This is a thread I created so that I can post all of my short stories in one place.
    Time Frame: Anywhere from JA1 to just after TPM
    Category: Depends on the story, but usually POV, h/c, angst, and all my stories are non-slash
    Disclaimers: The Star Wars universe and all of its characters belong to George Lucas, I'm only borrowing them to have a little fun and I promise to return them unharmed (well, at least mostly unharmed). I'm making no money off of this and this is written for entertainment purposes only. Any characters that are not recognizable as being part of the SW universe belong to me, but you guys probably figured that out, right?
    Archive: Please ask me and send me a link to your site so I can check it out :)

Okay, some of you might have already read this one, as well as the next few stories that I post in this thread, but just bear with me and we'll get to the ones I've never posted here, kay?

BTW, since this is the first story I'm posting in this thread I should explain that I'll have the Title, Rating, Summary, Time Frame, Spoilers, and Category for each new story and that the above is just a general summary of the thread. The above Disclaimer goes for all the stories in this thread. :)

Title: Returning Home
    Rating: PG
    Summary: After an almost disastrous mission, Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan return home and share some time together.
    Time Frame: Obi-Wan is 17.
    Spoilers: Maybe, if there are, they are for JA.
    Category: Angst, H/C, non-slash, and MUSH ALERT!!!!!!!!

Things enclosed in *'s are *italic*
    Things in <>'s are <telepathic> communication through the Master/Padawan bond.

Returning Home

Obi-Wan Kenobi stood at the doorway of his room, looking around as if it were some foreign place, a place not his own. It had been almost an entire year since the last time he and his Master had been at the Temple. Their last mission had been so unexpectedly grueling that Obi-Wan found that even the familiarity of their quarters could not make him feel quite as relaxed as they once had. He sighed heavily as he entered his room and set his pack down on his bed. Despite the fact that things seemed different he was still weak from the incident on Treilkeis and it *was* good to be back.

"Glad to be back?" Obi-Wan heard Qui-Gon ask from behind him and turned around to see his Master standing in the doorway, leaning slightly against the frame.

Obi-Wan looked down, "Yes, Master," he said softly. Qui-Gon was known for being one of those Jedi Masters that lived 'in the field' and they hardly ever actually spent time at the Temple. Obi-Wan loved being his Padawan and wouldn't trade his place in Qui-Gon's life for anything in the galaxy. Yet, he missed his friends and often found himself wishing his Master wouldn't always take every mission the Council offered him. Obi-Wan however, didn't want his Master to think he didn't enjoy their missions together and therefore never said anything. He didn't want to disappoint him.

Hearing a regretful sigh from his Master, Obi-Wan realized that his relief and exhaustion must have been evident in his voice and quickly began to apologize. "I'm sorry?Mas?"

"Obi-Wan," Qui-Gon cut him off, "don't. I know it has been hard for you, always running around from one end of the galaxy to the other, and I'm sorry. We are home now, Padawan, and I have requested that the Council not send us on any missions for the next two months. We both need time to recuperate our energy, especially after what happened on Treilkeis. I?I want to spend some time with you that doesn't involve diplomatic negotiations, or trying to prevent a planet from going to war."

Obi-Wan was so surprised and happy that he didn't know what to say. He was pleased that he

2. Jenn-Kenobi

Jenn-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 3, 2001
    This was good as always Erika.

3. FELICIA_ZEZILI

FELICIA_ZEZILI Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 5, 2001
    Very nice! Very good Idea too! I always love your stories.

Felicia Z.

4. Artemis_Silverbow

Artemis_Silverbow Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2001
    That was so sweet *sniff* Absolutely beautiful :_|

5. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    Short stories are just as good as the long ones. :D Plus you don't have to wait for the next post. <mumbles> :stupid cliffhangers:

Anyway, keep them coming.

~Swede :p

6. Firedrake88

Jul 25, 2001
    Thanks for the FB guys :) I'll probably be posting in this thread about once a week so check back next Tuesday and there should be another story up by then.

As for cliffhangers, Swede, what fun would I have if I didn't make ya sweat??? And how would I get you to come back and read more??????????????????????/

7. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    Forget what I said about cliffhangers. You posting only once a week is a pretty good clifhanger.

You don't need to have cliffhangers you know. :D [face_mischief] They only add another layer of stress, which I don't need thank you. I'd come read your stories anyway.

~Swede :)

8. Ani_rhymeswith_pansy

Ani_rhymeswith_pansy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 13, 2001
    AAAAAAAWWWWWWWW! HOW CUTE! *Wipes tear from eye* Just what I needed. 'Cause all the other stories I'm reading......*Eyes narrow at Ginger_jedi and Neon_Star* Have CLIFFHANGERS....*Eyes narrow even more* and have not been updated....*Squinting like an owl* for a while. Just what I needed. You should write more! :D Please?

9. FELICIA_ZEZILI

FELICIA_ZEZILI Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 5, 2001
    you know Ani you scare me somewhat...but I do agree with you!

10. Firedrake88

Jul 25, 2001
    Oops...posted the story twice... This is where the first one would have been, but I decided to get rid of it. Sorry!

11. Firedrake88

Jul 25, 2001
    Hi everyone! Here I am with the next short story! This one...well, it's not one of my favorites but I hope you like it anyway. However, before you go on to reading I have a small note about all my stories in general. All the stories I post here, with the exception of three that make up a mini-series, are stand alone stories that have NOTHING to do with each other at all. So, you can assume that each and every one of these things takes place in a seperate universe from the others. In a few of my stories, Obi likes to draw, but that doesn't mean they take place in the same timeline of events. There's no way all these stories could fit together into one universe! The only stories that I will be posting here tha actually ARE part of the same series are "Thank You", "A Bittersweet Memory" and "Understanding." I have another series, which some of you might be aware of, called "Rebuilding the Bond", but those are being posted in another thread. Anyway, now that I've cleared that up, we can move on to the actual story :)

Title: The Truth Told
    Rating: PG (actually I think it's more like TL for "Totally Laughable" or TR for "Totally Ridiculous")
    Summary: After making the mistake of lying to his Master, Obi-Wan has to face up to his conscience and decide whether or not to confess his misdeed.
    Time Frame: It doesn't matter, I guess Obi-Wan's 16 or somewhere around there!
    Spoilers: Slight ones for JA.
    Category: Angst, non-slash, POV, AU (in JA it says that Obi never lies to Qui!) and my personal favorite: emotional Obi-torture!! *grin*

The Truth Told

I looked slowly about the meditation garden from where I sat, leaning back against the Merelia tree. The hundreds of differently colored flowers seemed to be looking at me through accusing eyes. The unusually beautiful flowers that surrounded the tree had always served to calm me before but now they only reminded me of what I had done. Even the tree's shadow seemed disappointed in me, casting itself over me with a cold indifference.

I sighed loudly and covered my face with my hands. I had tried meditating but it hadn't helped, I just couldn't seem to concentrate enough. Even talking to Bant hadn't helped; I hadn't even been able to tell her what was bothering me. I didn't want to her to know. I didn't want her to know that I had lied to Qui-Gon. I didn't want anyone to know, least of all my Master.

Force, why was this so hard? I hadn't meant to lie to him; it had just slipped out of my mouth before I had time to think it over. It was ten and I had been coming home from my date with Myra. Myra was a year older than me and lived near the Temple. We had met a few months ago and had nearly been inseparable since. Every time I was with her my body tingled and my heartbeat would increase. I had never felt like this before. When I entered the quarters I shared with Qui-Gon he had smiled and asked me if I had gone out with Bant. I had responded yes. Just a simple lie.

The truth was that I had taken the opportunity to get out of explaining who I had really gone out with. This was my first girlfriend and I knew that Qui-Gon would disapprove of her being from outside the Temple. I didn't want him to forbid me from seeing her so I had said "Yes, Master" to his question and thought little of it until a couple hours later when I couldn't fall asleep.

Why did it make me feel so guilty? It was just a simple lie and yet I felt like a traitor, like I had betrayed Qui-Gon's trust in me. I was having trouble concentrating in my lessons and I couldn't sleep. Every time I closed my eyes I was filled with the image of Qui-Gon's face, eyes dim with disappointment in me. I couldn't tell him I had lied. I couldn't bear to see the disappointed in his eyes or hear the regret in his voice. I had never lied to him, what would Qui-Gon think of me?

As much as I wanted to forget that it had ever happened I knew

12. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    I think it should be TL............ It always makes me laugh [face_laugh]

13. Ani_rhymeswith_pansy

Jul 13, 2001

So, did you just insult her story or something? *Confused look* 'Cause I thought it was great! I LOVE MUSH! Though I do think two months is a little harsh for ONE little lie. If you count all the lies I've told MY mom, and if she was like Qui-Gon, I'd be grounded for the next 600 years! :D

14. Artemis_Silverbow

Jun 9, 2001
    I liked it :) I've sometimes wondered how Obi-Wan would handle the dating scene ;) It was also nice to see Qui-Gon consider the implications of his own behavior.

15. Firedrake88

Jul 25, 2001
    Thanks! :)

I know two months seems harsh but I did that 'cause I see the Master/Padawan bond as being a completely open and honest one so when a lie is told, on either part, it's a pretty big deal, even if the lie is 'small'.

The next story will be up on Tuesday!

16. Firedrake88

Jul 25, 2001
    Hi! Okay, I'm much more fond of this story than ?The Truth Told?, so I hope you guys like it more too. Since this is one of my longer short stories I'm going to divide it in half (more or less) and post the rest tomorrow. :)

BTW, this should be the last of these stories that any of you have read 'cause it's the last one I posted here before stopping.

Title: Nowhere Else to Go
    Rating: PG13 (content)
    Summary: Qui-Gon tries to help Obi-Wan come to terms with the horror of a terrible event.
    Time Frame: Obi-Wan is 15
    Spoilers: I don't think so
    Category: AU, Angst, H/C, non-slash, POV

Nowhere Else to Go

Obi-Wan:

Beep. Beep. Beep. My comlink sounded loudly in the silent night, rudely bringing me from my peaceful slumbers. I opened my sleep heavy eyes. My vision was blurry and sleep weighed heavily on my mind but through the hazy darkness I saw that it was three in the morning. Who would me calling me at three in the morning?

Suppressing the urge to roll over and go back to sleep I climbed out of bed and stumbled to my desk. I picked up the comlink and fumbled with the controls until I finally managed to turn it on.

?Obi-Wan Kenobi here,? I grumbled in a hoarse, sleepy voice.

?Good morning Obi-Wan, I'm sorry to bother you at such an early hour but someone's here to see you,? Corelio, a Temple guard and friend, sang happily through my comlink.

Corelio's obvious humor did nothing to ease my annoyance. ?Who would be here to see me at three in the morning?? I asked wearily.

?Oh come on, Obi-Wan, I'm sure it's a decent hour of the morning *somewhere* on *some* planet in the galaxy! Look at the bright side! A Jedi has to be ready at all hours of the day and night; consider this part of your training. My specialty, free of charge. I mean, Qui-Gon doesn't wake you up at three in the morning, does he? If someone doesn't disturb your sleep every once in a while then how are you going to learn to be ready for anything that the Force might throw your way??

I rolled my eyes as a small smile played at my lips, ?As much as I appreciate your concern for my Jedi training, I *am* rather tired so if you would be so kind as to tell me *who* is here to see me, I would be very grateful.?

?Of course, of course!? Corelio assured me merrily, ?how stupid of me to neglect that very important factor in our early-morning conversation. Well, she won't tell me her name but she's about your age, maybe a little older, and has long jet-black hair. She says she's a friend of yours and that it's very urgent. It looks like she's been crying. She's outside the Temple gates, waiting to be let in. Does she sound familiar or is it just another one of your many female admirers that can't get enough of you??

I sighed lightly. Corelio would never change. It took a moment for my sleep deprived mind to fit the description my friend had given me to my friend, Adelia, but as soon as it did, all thoughts of sleep and annoyance fled.

Adelia and I had been good friends since my fifth birthday when I had met her during a Temple outing. She was a very shy but extremely friendly girl whose dream was to become a successful artist. She loved to draw and was very talented. Since I loved to write stories and she was very artistic we immediately felt connected to each other through our creativity. I would write stories and she would draw me book covers and illustrate them for me. Even though I hardly ever saw her, I felt like I could tell her anything.

However, it sometimes seemed that she wasn't as happy as she seemed. Sometimes when I spoke to her she would seem depressed and faraway. I tried to get her to talk to me but she would never tell me anything past the fact that her parents yelled and screamed at each other all the time but didn't have enough money to get a divorce.

?Obi-Wan?? Corelio asked worriedly, some of his previous mirth having been replaced w

17. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    UP!!! :D

ALL excellent Erika! :) Sorry for not finding this thread sooner! ;)

18. Firedrake88

Jul 25, 2001
    Thanks Ginger_Jedi! :) :) :) :) :) I'm glad that at least one person is enjoying these stories.

Here's the end of the story :D
    The next one will be up on Tuesday

BTW, ANGST/MUSH ALERT!

Qui-Gon:

I let out a small sigh of frustration as I left the training rooms and began to slowly wander back to my quarters. I had looked for Obi-Wan everywhere. He wasn't in any of the meditation gardens, training rooms, and none of his friends were at the Temple. Mace Windu had been the last person to see the boy when he had rushed into his quarters and breathlessly told him that Adelia had committed suicide.

Obi-Wan had been in the second training room when he had realized that Adelia had left him a note in his tunic. According to Siri the boy's face had gone deathly pale and he had sprinted out of the room so fast that he nearly ran over one of the younger initiates. Upon reaching his quarters he had found Adelia dead with a knife through her heart. The girl had killed herself. After telling Mace Windu of the incident, Obi-Wan had disappeared. I had been with Yoda when the incident occurred and by the time I reached the boy's room, he had already left. I couldn't find him anywhere.

I knew that the boy was in distress. I could feel the waves of sadness hitting me through our bond but Obi-Wan had his shields up so tight that I couldn't tell where he was. Adelia and Obi-Wan had been very good friends I knew her death, especially considering the fact that the girl had taken her own life, would hit him very hard. My heart went out to the boy. Not only was this the second year anniversary of Cerasi's death, but the girl had killed herself on his bed and he had been the one to find her. Even though my Padawan had accepted Cerasi's death he always became slightly depressed and unenergetic around the time of her death. Because of that I knew that he would take the loss of Adelia very badly.

I wanted to be there to comfort the boy. I wanted to hold him in my arms and tell him that everything was all right. I wanted to be there for him. Unfortunately I couldn't even *find* him. The boy was grieving and I knew he shouldn't be alone at a time like this. Even if the only comfort I could give was that of my presence, I would give him any and every comfort I could.

Even at my slow pace I reached my quarters all too quickly. I had hoped to somehow run into my Padawan on the way to my room but it seemed fate had other plans. I wanted to keep on looking for the boy but I had already been searching for almost three hours. Obi-Wan couldn't stay in his own room, for several Jedi Masters were running the usual investigations involved with any death that occurred within the Temple, and would eventually have to return to my quarters. I would wait for him there.

I wearily keyed open the door to my room and stepped into the darkness that lay within. As soon as the door slid shut behind me I felt a wave of utter misery hit me though my bond with Obi-Wan and I heard the muffled sobs.

The irony of finding Obi-Wan in my own quarters when I had just spent the last three hours looking for him was not lost to me but at the moment I was more relieved and concerned than amused. I could sense my Padawan's presence in the room and now that I was so close to him I could clearly and powerfully feel his emotions through the Force. Grief was battling guilt and denial in my young Padawan's mind, making the boy a trembling ball of misery.

Not wanting to startle the boy I decided to alert him to my presence before turning on the light. He obviously didn't know I was here. ?Obi-Wan?? I asked softly, sending the despairing boy waves of comfort through our bond.

A choked gasp escaped my Padawan's throat and I could feel his shame and horror reflected through our bond. The boy didn't want me to see him like this. He didn't want me to see him cry. He always strived to impress me and he thought that by showing such a display of emotion he would disappoint me.

?M-Master?? he said, his voice hitching as he

19. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    I think I need my hanky!!

20. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    :( :_|

Man, that was sad...........

21. Ani_rhymeswith_pansy

Jul 13, 2001
    HOW CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE! *Sniffle* I know too that Qui would probably never do that but I like to think he would.

22. Artemis_Silverbow

Jun 9, 2001
    :(That was a very sad story, Firedrake-but it had a beautiful ending. That's probably the largest dose of mush I've read in a long time, and I enjoyed every syllable :_|

23. Seeker2

Seeker2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 6, 2001
    LOL, Firedrake88. Jude Watson'll probably never give us a good bit of mush. If you ask me, I think she has a thing for Qui-Gon and is jealous of Obi-Wan being so close to him. Or she's just a stickler for showing no emotions.

24. Firedrake88

Jul 25, 2001
    Heehe, you're probably right about JW, Seeker 2, she's getting Obi back for being so close to Qui. ;)

Thanks for the FB guys, I'm glad you liked it. Yes, it was a sad story, but it was supposed to me (I love angst). Hmm...maybe I should give you a break and post one of my 'minor-angst' stories...

25. Artemis_Silverbow

Jun 9, 2001
    I like angst(and I really like mush ;)), I could just do with a bit less blood.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.