main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Short Stories (JA) *updated 08/06/02*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Firedrake88, Oct 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Uppers! :)

Someone pass me the tissue box! :_|

2. Artemis_Silverbow

Artemis_Silverbow Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2001
    *passes Ginger a box of tissues* There, there...it's alright now *hug* ;)

3. Firedrake88

Firedrake88 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2001
    Artemis - I'm glad you enjoyed the mush part of my story and I'm sorry about all the blood. I rated it PG13 'cause of that but then I forgot to say *why* I gave it that rating. I probably should have been a little more specific about that. Sorry! I hope you still enjoyed it though. Don't worry, but of my stuff isn't that graphic - well, most of it doesn't have anything that could be graphic in the first place (except for my Obi-torture story...which is really long so I'm posting that in a different thread, not here). Anyway, I just wanted to say that if I ever write anything that's graphic that I post here, I'll put a warning up for it.

Thanks for reading!

4. Artemis_Silverbow

Jun 9, 2001
    I think it was the surprise that got to me more then the blood itself, Firedrake. Usually, gore doesn't bother me(I credit-or blame-my brother's taste in movies for that ;)), but in this case I wasn't expecting it. I still liked the story, but it took me a bit to get over the shock. If you post warnings before hand, I shouldn't have any problems :)

5. Firedrake88

Jul 25, 2001
    Okay, I see, you weren't expecting for her to kill herself, I understand. The first time I posted it on my yahoo groups I put in a warning that it dealt with suicide and then someone said it would have been better if I hadn't said anything at all because then it would have been a complete surprise so the second time around I got rid of that warning, I still should have mentioned it was graphic though. Anyway, if I ever post it anywhere else again, I'll know. :)

My next story will be up Tuesday - minor angst and some nice mush. :D

6. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    *sniffle* Thanks Artemis :) *returns hugs*

Mush? Did Erika say MUSH!?! :D

7. Firedrake88

Jul 25, 2001
    OKay, I meant to post this earlier but my computer...well, let's just say I was having problems with it. I hope you like it!

Title: Forming a Friendship
    Rating: G
    Summary: Qui-Gon's birthday leads to some bonding between Master and Padawan.
    Time Frame: Obi-Wan is almost 14
    Spoilers: I don't think so, but if there are any, they'd be for JA.
    Category: H/C, non-slash, POV, minor-angst

Things enclosed in *'s are *italic*

Forming a Friendship

Qui-Gon:

I must have been awake for nearly two hours before I realized he was gone. At first I had simply assumed that he was sleeping in because I had given him the day off. It wasn't until I was halfway done making his favorite breakfast and he *still* hadn't emerged from his room that I realized he wasn't there.

At first I was just surprised. It was eight in the morning ? *where* had Obi-Wan gone? I had been awake since six and had been out in the common room since six thirty, therefore I knew he had left *before* then. In the entirety of the year that I had known him, Obi-Wan had never woken up before seven.

I knew right away that nothing was wrong with him, at least not physically. I *could* sense that he was a little?depressed though. It was nothing severe, just a slight sadness of the heart, but it worried me.

I was about to leave his room, when I saw it. A small datapad sitting next to an envelope on his bed. Usually I would have let the things be, but something told me that he wanted me to find them.

Curious as to what the boy had left me, I picked up the datapad. On it, I found a message addressed to me.

My Master;

I hope you don't mind, but a couple of months ago I took the liberty of asking Tahl about the day of your birth. I know that you are not one given to celebrate the passing of years with more than just the customary meditation but I wanted to give you something ? to thank you for how much you have taught me this past year.

You may not realize it, but I have learned more from you than anyone else in my life. The days I have spent as your Padawan, observing and learning from your kindness and wisdom, have been the best of my life. I wake up everyday looking forward to our lessons together.

You're a very strict teacher. You never let me save a lesson for later and don't let me move on to the next kata until I have the one I am working on perfected to the best of my abilities. My friends seem to sympathize with me and express their regret for my having so strict a Master. I, on the other hand, am very grateful for it. The fact that you never let me give up is one of the things I admire the most about you. I just thought that I would tell you that.

I am honored to be your Padawan, and I hope that our time together has been as equally enjoyable to you. You tell me that I will be a great Jedi Knight, that it is my destiny. I understand that I am young and naïve, but there is one thing I know. If I do become a great Jedi Knight it will be because of the things you have taught me and the wisdom you have shared with me.

In the envelope you will find two tickets to the Agricultural Fair, good for any day this week. I know how connected you are to the Living Force and I know how much you love nature. I hope you enjoy yourself. I was thinking that maybe you could take Tahl or another one of your old friends with you. Even though during most of my probation we have been at the Temple, I know how little time you get to spend with your friends because you are always training with me.

You are a very private man and I assume that you want to spend today in silent meditation. That's why I left so early. I'm sorry that I didn't tell you, but I wanted it to be a surprise. If you need me for some reason you will find me at Bant's. I hope you find today very relaxing and I will return late tonight, so as not to disturb you.

Your Padawan,

Obi-Wan Kenobi

I set down the datap

8. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    AAWW!! So sweet!!! That was great!!

9. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    Ooooohhhhhh. [face_blush]
    That was so sweet. [face_love] [face_love]

You are really good at writing much and angish. And these short stories are nice since they are done so soon.

~Swede :p

10. Ani_rhymeswith_pansy

Ani_rhymeswith_pansy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 13, 2001

Awwwwwwwwww! How cuuuuuuuuuuute! I love mush!
    If only it was real......

11. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    Aaaawwwwwww [face_love]

12. Artemis_Silverbow

Jun 9, 2001
    To quote several others here: "Awwwwwwwwwwwww...." ;) That was a very sweet story Firedrake :) I think you did a very good job, not only capturing the affection and devotion between Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon, but also their uncertainty. Nice work :D

13. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    I have read all these stories and have enjoyed rereading them.I like having them together.There can never be to much mush when it comes to QUI/OBI.Besides after Qui almost tossing Obi aside for the "Chosen One" we need a little Qui interaction with Obi to make up for it.PEACE Ewen

14. Firedrake88

Jul 25, 2001
    Hi everyone!!!!!!!!!!!! :D I'm so happy! I'm finally getting a chance to work on my new story and I hardly have any homework for tomorrow!! :D

Anywaaaaaaaay, I just wanted to thank you all for your wonderful comments and I'm glad you liked the mush :) Next week's story is sort of similiar in theme, but I hope you enjoy it anyway. It'll be up on Tuesday, as always. Thanks everyone!

15. Artemis_Silverbow

Jun 9, 2001
  16. Firedrake88

Jul 25, 2001
    I wanted to posted this as soon as I got home from school but my mom was waiting for a call so I couldn't - sorry Artemis!

Okay, I know that Obi's emotions and worries are a little off the wall in this story, but I still had fun writing it so I hope you'll all have fun reading it :D

Title: The Dove
    Author: Erika
    Rating: PG
    Summary: When Obi-Wan enters an art contest, he's afraid to tell Qui-Gon because he thinks that his Master will think it's a waste of time. However, it seems that fate (me!) has other plans and when Obi-Wan is forced to tell Qui-Gon, he is very surprised by his reaction.
    Time Frame: Obi-Wan is 15
    Spoilers: For JA
    Category: H/C, non-slash, POV, angst

Things enclosed in / / 's are / memories /

The Dove

Obi-Wan:

"Hello Obi-Wan!" Corelio called out to me from where he stood at the entrance to the Temple, "how are you?"

Corelio and I had been good friends ever since my fifth birthday. When taken from their parents to be trained as Jedi, young initiates are allowed to see their parents once every few months ? to make the transition easier to deal with for both the children and their family. I had been crying because I had just seen my mother for the last time and Corelio found me, alone in one of the gardens. Using his humor and forever-happy mood, he quickly cheered me up. As a little boy I had liked Corelio because he was always smiled and was happy. Now, although I still admired those traits, it was his good heart and honest desire to help people that gave him my respect and friendship.

He was nearly thirty years old and had worked as a Temple guard ever since his thirteenth birthday when he realized he wasn't going to be chosen as a Padawan. My friend was rather short, coming up to my shoulder, and had thick black hair that he always wore down. His sparkling eyes were large, slightly round, and a brown that he claimed, 'melted the girls on sight'

I smiled, "Corelio," I greeted as I approached him, "I'm fine, how are you?"

"Oh, I'm having a great day! The sun is shinning, the sky is blue, it looks like someone painted the little dabs of clouds that smear the horizon, and the birds are chirping!" he answered, laughing at himself.

I grinned and shook my head, "Corelio," I used my most critical and 'Masterly' sounding voice, "We're on Coruscant; we can't see the sky *or* the clouds, if there even are any, and there *aren't* any birds."

Corelio gestured, dismissing my comment with a sarcastic, "Details, details, details."

"Yes," I agreed, "minor details."

My friend swatted me on the back, "So, where are you coming from?"

"I just dropped off some of my sketches at an art contest that one of the schools is holding. I talked to the director and convinced him to let me participate even though I don't go to school."

"Oh," he exclaimed dramatically, "that sounds like fun. What'd you draw?"

"I submitted three sketches," I explained patiently, "one is of one of the meditation gardens, one is of the Temple itself, and the last one?is Qui-Gon."

Corelio's shaggy eyebrows shot up instantly, "Oh, tell me about the one you drew of Qui-Gon."

I allowed myself a small smile. I knew he would ask me about that one. "Well?" I began slowly, closing my eyes to imagine the image more clearly, "Qui-Gon is standing on a beach but it's not a calm day, it's very stormy. He's overlooking the turbulent waters that smash against the sand and rocks and the wind is blowing so strongly that his hair is completely lifted off his back. Gusts of sand are being sent flying up through the cold air. In his arms, he holds a small bird, a dove, which he's protecting from the harsh whether. Despite the storm, Qui-Gon is completely calm, concerned only with saving the life of the bird that fell from the sky due to the wicked winds. The bird, although wild, is peaceful in Qui-Gon's hands, knowing that my Master

17. Ani_rhymeswith_pansy

Ani_rhymeswith_pansy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 13, 2001
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.........

18. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww... [face_love]

Obi got first place!!

19. Artemis_Silverbow

Jun 9, 2001
    Time elapsed: 11 minutes. I'm impressed, Firedrake :) I quite understand having to wait for the phone to be free. The curse of the dial up ISP :(

I think, having read the story, I would have guessed you'd been in shoes similir to Obi-Wan's, even if you hadn't said so. His emotional conflict was wonderfully portrayed. That poor Padawan spends almost as much time torturing himself as some of the writers here! Also, I WANT a print of that drawing. Know where I can get one? ;) 8-}

20. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    Oh, that was soooo good. [face_love] Loved it. You're really good at angish and mush. [face_blush]

~Swede :)

21. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Putting all these stories together makes me realize what a talented sensitive writer you are.So nice to see A FF wirter true to her words as to when they will post.PEACE Ewen

22. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Aww, that was so sweet! Obi, you're such a sweetheart! ;) That was a nice mushy story! :D

23. Firedrake88

Jul 25, 2001
    Thanks for the FB, everyone! Swede - I'm glad you like my angst and mush :) And Artemis, I actually hadn't realized that I posted so quickly after you did - I just got on when my mom's call finally came. Thanks Ewen, but...um, why do I get the impression that you haven't had luck with people posting when they say they will? See, I always post when I say unless I'm so busy that I just can't get online, or I can't get online 'cause someone's using the phone. However, that hardly ever happens, so... I never post something unless I'm done writing it, so I never have the problem of having to write before I post.

Anyway, I think I've wasted enough of your time today, so thanks for reading and I'll be back next Tuesday with another story. :D

24. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Goody, I can't wait! :D

25. Firedrake88

Jul 25, 2001
    Hi everyone! I was going to post my story "Ashes of Despair" today but that's a sad, angsty story that I wrote after the WTC and since this is Thanksgiving week, I thought it would be better to post something happier. This story has no agnst factor, just some silly mushy writing for you all to hopefully enjoy. :) I will post "Ashes of Despair" next week instead.

Title: The Kitten
    Rating: G
    Summary: When Obi-Wan comes home with a cute little something, Qui-Gon is very amused.
    Time Frame: Obi-Wan is 15
    Spoilers: I don't think so but I GUESS there could POSSIBLY be a SLIGHT spoiler for Obi's character in TPM (as if anyone here hasn't seen it yet!)
    Category: Sweet little mushy story (as a little break from all the angst and the SERIOUS angst that's gonna be in my next longer story).
    Note: Don't even *think* about asking me where this story came from seeing as how it's like COMPLETELY pointless, but oh well.

Things enclosed in <>'s are <telepathic> communication through the Master/Padawan bond.

The Kitten

Qui-Gon:

My eyes snapped open, body tense and ready to react. It was completely dark and silent in my room but I was *sure* that something had woken me up. I reached out to the Force, trying to sense if there was an intruder in Obi-Wan and my quarters but everything was utterly peaceful. Obi-Wan had gone over to a friend's house and wouldn't be back until the next morning. I relaxed slightly but kept my hearing focused on the silence of the room, just in case.

Meow.

My ears perked up. Had that small whimper been a *kitten* *meowing*? No, I had to be imagining things. What would a kitten be doing here at the Temple? The only person who had a pet was one of the crèche Masters and she had some sort of bird, not a cat.

Meow.

There it was again. Now I was sure that it was a kitten meowing and it *was* coming from somewhere in our quarters. I sat up slowly in bed and swung my feet over the edge until they touched the cold floor.

Very slowly and quietly, lest I alarm the kitten that had somehow found its way up here, I made my way out of the room and into the living room. Everything was quiet. The moon's dim light was bright enough for me to be able to see that the room was empty. Of course I was looking for a kitten and the poor little thing could have been almost anywhere.

I was about to begin searching under the chairs in the room when my eyes caught sight of a dim glow coming from underneath Obi-Wan's doorway. Who was in my Padawan's room? Obviously whoever it was posed no threat for when I had reached out to the Force everything had been completely peaceful, but still, how could this person have gotten in here without my noticing?

I reached out to the Force again, this time to discern the intruder's identity. As before, everything was still. In fact, it seemed as if this person *belonged* in Obi-Wan's room. I gently touched my bond with my Padawan and couldn't help from smiling at the irony of the situation. Of *course* Obi-Wan belonged in his room?it was *his* room after all, but what was he doing in there? It was past midnight. Why wasn't he at his friend's house?

I walked up to Obi-Wan's room and knocked softly on the door. Usually I would have entered without hesitation but I didn't want to startle the boy since it was rather late. <Padawan?> I spoke through our bond, <Is everything all right?> I couldn't sense that anything was wrong but I was still rather worried that he had come back early.

<Everything's fine, Master,> Obi-Wan answered rather quickly, <please come in.>

I keyed open Obi-Wan's door and curiously stepped inside. Obi-Wan was nun-too-casually lying on his bed, fully clothed, with an almost shyly guilty expression on his face.

I raised my eyebrows, ?Obi-Wan,? I said, ?what are you doing here?? I didn't have to be Master Yoda to realize Obi-Wan was hiding something. Th

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.