Orlando, FL Short Trip

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by raiza123, Feb 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedigirl99 Jedi Knight

My husband is in the infantry, after he came back in March, they made him a drill sergeant. My oldest is going to military academy this coming fall at NGCSU. Knowing all I know about the infantry, I'm just glad my kid is going to be a CO and not an NCO. I could have lost my husband, and just happy I don't have to worry too much about that. Your story about going down the river was interesting as it sounded a lot like stuff I heard all the time. Sorry if this went off topic, but some of the stories are a real wild hair.

Okay, so when is the next meeting? I am kinda busy, but could try and make time to meet up with yall. I live in St. Cloud (1 year) and moved here from Tallahassee. I am not quite familiar with the area and the vast amounts of toll roads (not a reality in North Florida).

jedigirl99
  2. Ia-Bou Jedi Knight

star 3
    hey guys i am back....i may have passsed out a few times while i was sick but now im back!!

sorry guys...thanks for being patient for my return while I was sick :)

3. Ruckus Force Ghost

star 3
    All hail the Return of The Queen.
  4. Ia-Bou Jedi Knight

star 3
    hehehe :p

thank you faithful subject for commemorating my return. I shall anoint you as a member of my council.
  5. Ruckus Force Ghost

star 3
    Sweet!!! Sniff... Sniff... this is the happiest day of my life- can I be your right hand minion of pain?
  6. raiza123 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well, 5 people voted on the poll, 3 wanted May 8th but if that date doesn't work out, being so close to SW weekends, we can always push it up a weekend or two. So is this our first, non-library get together besides cons?
    Should be fun!!
    Melanie
  7. Ruckus Force Ghost

star 3
    Not necessarily true- hey I am becoming the chapter historian!! There was a get together for AOTK in May 2002 at Pleasure Island. There was also a cook out in I think August of 2002- that was right before the Melbourne/Orlando split. Oddly enough- the cookout was at Wickham park in Melbourne. This how ever is the best recent history I can pull together in the time I have been in. But with the current gathering of misfits we have now- it is.
  8. RogueScribner Force Ghost

star 4
    A cookout. Now that sounds like fun. Can we somehow merge that into the canoe trip?

L8r
  9. Ruckus Force Ghost

star 3
    That would be cool! Wouldn't be hard to do.
  10. raiza123 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Just not sushi, blue milk & brownies. Although it was delicious, I'm sure we can think up of a better menu this time.

Melanie
  11. Ruckus Force Ghost

star 3
    I'm thinking small bbq cooker- hot dogs, hamburgers, chicken and polish sausage! All easy to cook! Bring some Dr. Pepper and ice maybe some kind of dessert and Voila! We have a fantastic bbq! I've had some practice with these. Or we could bring alcohol too.. but must you seem of the non-alcoholic type which is cool- I don't wanna see someone get into a head on collision with a tree stump in the water.
  12. askywalker98 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Taco bell. Grande meal.
  13. Ia-Bou Jedi Knight

star 3
    I vote for the picnic barbeque type idea....i thought everyone wanted sushi . I dont want to be the onlyone living up to what I say on the boards....lets take notes people :)

Ia
  14. Ruckus Force Ghost

star 3
    Honestly Ia thinking of what type activity we are proposing and imagine with your minds eye what best would be the meal of choice? If you still think sushi please poke that eye. Who voted sushi?
  15. askywalker98 Jedi Knight

star 1
    someone go to Costco and grab some hot dogs and hamburgers, hamburger buns, hotdg buns, soda, and cups. And some ice. Everyone bring like 5 bucks each and pay the buyer. My idea.
  16. Ruckus Force Ghost

star 3
    I am glad it's not up to you.
  17. raiza123 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Oh behave, I don't think it was a bad idea. It's always hard to make sure everyone brings what is needed. Someone might not show up and they were responsible for cups or something. This way you know the necessary things are being brought all at once and if you want to bring something special you can.
    We're months away and can work out the details some other time.
    In the meantime, Ruckus, since you seem to have some experience with this, do you know if we need to reserve the canoes ahead?

Melanie
  18. tristan458 Jedi Knight

star 1
    If anything I say at the next meeting everyone give money to the one person we want to do the shopping. That way the person doesnt spend 50$ and only 4 people show up. Spend 50$ get back 20$? Bad idea. If everyone chips in before hand, then we kind of know what to get, plus we already have the budget. That way no one loses out, and if after you pay and back out then its your loss. Thats my 1 cents, because two cents just isnt worth anything nowadays.
  19. raiza123 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I was going to nominate Campbell to be the "buyer", especially since he has the maturity sash but then I remembered he's a vegetarian . We'd probably end up with veggie burgers & soy dogs or something. eww :p
    I can go to BJ's and get burgers, h. dogs, plates, sodas, etc in bulk, pretty reasonably priced. I won't mind being the shopper as long as people chip in.
    Melanie
  20. tristan458 Jedi Knight

star 1
    BJ's, those things are the best, especially when youre at the movie theather in the back row.
  21. raiza123 Jedi Knight

star 2
  22. RogueScribner Force Ghost

star 4
    I ain't explaining it.

*backs away slowly*

:p

L8r
  23. Ruckus Force Ghost

star 3
    HAAHAHAHAHA!!! You talking about Bartles and Jaymes?
    HAHAHA!

Remember that Saturday Night skit with John Goodman as Linda Tripp?

Anywho... from what I recall- I think our best bet is to launch from Kings Landing, which I believe is off Kelly Springs road in Apopka.
    HEY!! LOOKIE WHAT I FOUND...

http://members.aol.com/kingslndng/

TO learn more about where I am talking about.

I don't believe you need a reservation they have like 30 canoes. But I have lots o' fond memories of Kelly Springs and the Wekiwa River, heck I remember it by its bastardized name Wekiva River. I am gonna email the owner to learn more- I will post my findings in a later post. Just emailed them.

Kings Landing is where I used to launch from back in the day as a Boy Scout. Yes, I know hard to believe.
  24. Ruckus Force Ghost

star 3
    Okie dokie-- here is what I go back: My initial email is attached.

In a message dated 3/13/04 2:03:55 AM Eastern Standard Time, ruckusx@yahoo.com writes:
    Myself and several friends are planning on going on a canoeing trip in May and we are intrested in starting from King's Landing. Do we need to make any kind of reservation and besides the per canoe fee what else is needed to rent a canoe? Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.
    ====================================
    Donna is usually at the canoe shack 'in person' from 9-12 weekdays... 407-886-0859... call and tell her whay day you'll be there and what time (before 12!) and she'll have em ready for you. There's a machine on that phone after hours too. Jusy come on out and bring a picnic lunch maybe. Takes about 4 hrs to paddle 8mi down to the marina. We pickup in our van and bring you back to King's Landing.

25. Ia-Bou Jedi Knight

star 3
    shall we vote on the canoe trip and buyer? Or can we all agree on cambell beign our buyer. I think he, although a vegetarian, can make the right food choices. Send me options and I will set up a pole...there are too many posts to keep track of so im going crazy keeping up with everyone :p

Ia
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.