Orlando, FL Short Trip

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by raiza123, Feb 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tristan458 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Pole dancing again? Woo hoo, I love this place!
  2. Ia-Bou Jedi Knight

star 3
    grr I keep doign that..... how about we do some POLL dancing :)

IA
  3. RogueScribner Force Ghost

star 4
    If Campbell wants to step up and be the buyer, I have no problems with that. Just stick with the basics and I'll be happy.

L8r
  4. Ia-Bou Jedi Knight

star 3
    So what do you say cambell?? any objections from anyone? and are there any proposed canoe/barbque dates?

also do you want both a barbque and a canoe trip or seperate or what?

IA
  5. RogueScribner Force Ghost

star 4
    I think the idea was to combine them. We all go out and have a nice canoe trip, and then come back and eat! Good times all around. :)

L8r
  6. raiza123 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I vote for both canoe & lunch. The last "poll" looked like May 8th for the date but we can always talk about that later.

I was kidding about nominating Campbell. I nominated him for our condo board and I see resentment brewing on the horizon.

What say we talk about it at the upcoming meeting? Something to actually talk about?

Melanie
  7. Ruckus Force Ghost

star 3
    I say... well I was about to say discuss at the meeting I gather you all should- however it is looking like I may be out of state from Thursday till Sunday. I have some out of state business I have to attend to. However I am not sure yet if I am definately going. When I find out for certain if I will be there or not I will let ya all know.
  8. Ia-Bou Jedi Knight

star 3
    i think this is how discussion usually works...at the meetings we cause problems. On the board we solve them. The record for staying on subject at a meeting is 10 seconds I believe.

I think Im just goign to bring my script and start working on it at the meetings
  9. Ruckus Force Ghost

star 3
    I smell personal agenda?
  10. Ia-Bou Jedi Knight

star 3
    I smell A cr trying in the past to solve issues at a meeting and it not working...If you guys want to chat at the meetings...then no problem....it just means we solve issues on the board...if we want to solve issues at the meeting then we can try it again. Im just training myself to not expect the topic to stick long once I mention it. This isnt the type of office i usually hold...usually everyone has to listen to me. Im not madat allof this. I am just saying.... We can try to handle it at the meeting....but I have a feeling that it may return to beign solved on the boards.

Id like to think that my position at the meetings is important...but it really isnt. i have accepted this...It really is fine

:)
  11. Ruckus Force Ghost

star 3
    Actually my 'personal agenda' statement was directed at the 'I'll work on my fanfilm' bit.
  12. Sabacc Jedi Master

star 4
    I agree that the boards get more solved, and there's a simple reasons for that. First, we like to socialize- so far, that's the main purpose of the group and that's satisfying to hang out. Second, we have more time to think when we post here. For example, scheduling something may require phone calls, schedule checks, etc., which are easiest accomplished at home.

I can be the "buyer" as long as I can get a hand from my meat-eating downstairs neighbor, Melanie. She can advise me which animal bodyparts to purchase, and we could use her shopping club membership for deals on the stuff. :) -Campbell

How's about we try to come up with a menu at this meeting (a topic suited for brainstorming) and bring some pre-determined amount of cash to the next?

ps, I like King's Landing the best, they've got the longest route in that area that I know of. Takes 3 or 4 hours at a casual pace. It's often a bit of a trouble to get the seat cushoins from them, though. They will tell you over and over that they are not floatation devices- I might just buy my own beforehand. -still Campbell
  13. raiza123 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Ok, checking schedule, I guess I can spare some time to assist in buying bulk amounts of meat products. We can discuss menu, budget etc at meeting or boards. Whichever works. Seems like this is really shaping up.
    I agree it's fun to socialize and I'm sorry Ia if we thwart your plans to have some semblance of order to these meetings. I guess chaos rules where we're concerned.
    Melanie :)
  14. Ruckus Force Ghost

star 3
    Before anyone considers buying food we'd need a good count of whose going- that should be accomplished by mid-April- if the trip is still May 8th?
  15. Ia-Bou Jedi Knight

star 3
    Im up for that..sonds good
  16. raiza123 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I took the initiative since I was already at BJ's and I priced hamburger, cheese, hot dogs, rolls, chips, soda, bottled water, ice, plates and napkins.
    Since we probably want to keep this pretty inexpensive I didn't go in to other items but if we have a large majority of people who want something else I can always add that in as well.
    I have a large cooler and figure some of us also have some coolers.
    Anyone think of anything we're forgetting?
    Melanie
  17. Ruckus Force Ghost

star 3
    Good job Melanie! I must praise ya on your enthusiasm and initiative to get this puppy rolling. Thanks.. oh... it looks to me you got the checklist down.
  18. raiza123 Jedi Knight

star 2
    If they do not have picnic/grill facilities, how about we just bring lunch with us in coolers? Like sandwiches, chips, sodas, etc. We can pack our own lunches and that way there's no worrying about who buys, paying them and whether we like what they bring or not. What do you think? I didn't mind be the shopper (or 'scuse me, assisting Campbell). I even have the prices and it would've been pretty cheap to do the BBQ but if we can't cook it then it's a moot point. Plus why not snack WHILE we're canoing instead of having to wait 4 hours or so until we're done? Just a suggestion, I bow to the group will. Melanie
  19. Ruckus Force Ghost

star 3
    We'll paddle better hungry and once you eat one chip you can't stop!
    I am sure someone has a little hibachi we can bring? Though... the big problem will be disposing the coals and making sure the thing ain't still blistering hot when we go... maybe we should just bring lunch meat- or stop at the Publix on Rock Springs on the way to Kings Landing- if we choose that site- for subs.
  20. RogueScribner Force Ghost

star 4
    Is there a way to find out if they have outdoor grilling facilities? I'm fine with "eating on the go", but the whole idea of the cookout was to get all of us together as a group before/after the trip. I guess it's not necessary, but it'd be nice. Heck, I just bought a digital camera and I'm eager to try it out! :)

L8r
  21. Sabacc Jedi Master

star 4
    Bring a ziplock for the camera. Maybe two.

We'll finalize plans on Saturday for the Canoe venture, but it seems individual victuals is going to be the way to go.
  22. Ruckus Force Ghost

star 3
    There is no official places to eat or cook out at. Like I had stated before we could pull into one of the off river nooks that have been cleared so people can camp at our cook out from. So it may be easier to bring our own lunches.
  23. raiza123 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I vote bring our own lunches and if anyone forgets their lunch or can't make their own, how about I bring extra PB&J?

Melanie
  24. Ruckus Force Ghost

star 3
    There be gators out there- maybe we could catch one and make lunch out of it! Then I'll turn the hide into a new pair of boots!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.