main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Shots in the Dark (pre-NJO...Luke, Anakin Solo, OC) UPDATED 6-26-06 R&R!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi_of_Twilight, Sep 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shadesaw

shadesaw Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2003
    WOW the Sith got the Butt kicked. Great as always.

2. Clef

Clef Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 26, 2003
    Wow! I finally made it to the latest update! :DIncredible story-a little crazy but I like it.

LOL! The last line for this one is great!!!(Also the prologue you have is pretty cool.)

Please update again,

Clef

3. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Exploding Sith :D
    *tents_fingers* Excellent...

C'mon, blow up some more [face_devil] :D

4. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    You write action so well, Twi. And I really like the use of the Solos' meld. I wish they'd used that more often in the NJO. :)

Great post.

5. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuppppppppppppppppppppppp ;)

6. Jedi_of_Twilight

Jedi_of_Twilight Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2002
    'Allo everyone!!! I'm finally free from college and on Spring Break!!! The last two weeks were evil-four papers and three midterms! I haven't slept a wink and am living on coffee!!! [face_plain]
    The updates for my stories should be sometime this weekend. my mom's birthday is friday and I work-that's why!

I'm glad you liked it and don't worry more is on the way!!!

Shadesaw Thanks!!! And of course the good guys took out the Sith! Well at least for now. Heh. [face_devil] Who knows what I have on the horizon?

Oh, why thank you, Moffy!!! ;)
    Exploding Sith? Enjoying this a bit much. aren't you? 8-}

Tahi Thanks! & I'm glad you could read my update!!! I too wish they'd use the mind meld earlier than they did. It's really fascinating.

Hiya Clef and I'm glad you're enjoying the story! Thanks!

Thank you!!!

~*Amilight

7. Jedi_of_Twilight

Aug 30, 2002
    Sorry for the delay but there's a storm now and there was a wind/lightning.rain storm yesterday.

I'll try to get the posts up later today but now I have to turn off my laptop-Sorry... :_|

8. Jedi_of_Twilight

Aug 30, 2002
    Hiya peoples!!!
    Thank you for your patience and here's the next post (all of my three solo stories have been upped so please check 'em out!!!)!!!! :D

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
    Chapter 28

Solo Apartment, Coruscant

On the apartment floor, six Jedi lay around the crumpled pair of the Jedi Twins of Skywalker?

A deep, light-consuming darkness greets the six Jedi as they enter the unseen world where Luke?s and Leia?s minds are trapped. Their footsteps echo loudly in the unnerving silence, and all of them look at each other in worry. They can barely see the silhouettes of each other so Corran suggests through the bond that they hold onto to each other psychically/mentally.

Jaina and Jacen nod in unison, unseen except to Anakin, and turn away towards what seemed to be a brighter area. Anakin cries out to the others, and all six of them move quickly through the darkness. Cighal warns there maybe traps and the group reaches out through the Force-creating a road map for their minds to follow. They need to be careful or they may be trapped as well.

Santi, the Jedi master with an incredible danger sense, leads the way towards the light, and he frowns searching for the traps he knows exist. ~<But why aren?t we hitting any of them?>~
    <<<Why do you think?>>> the Solo twins and Anakin say in relief. <<<Mom and Uncle Luke are protecting us!>>>
    ~<Okay, so how do we get them out?>~ Santi says, his mental image pursing his lips.

<<Come on.>> Corran says moving ahead and up to the bright area in this maze of darkness. As they move closer they see, to their amazement what the brighter area in this dark world really is.

The light is actually a shimmering wall that sparkles and ripples in a nonexistent wind.

Barely seen within its protective walls, Luke and Leia are standing back-to-back, eyes closed in concentration. Their hands are clasped to either side and the twins? bodies glow a brilliant gold aura. The wall is in fact a force shield, which flows all around the two trapped Jedi, and the children and three Jedi masters know there is absolutely no way to reach them forcefully.

In unison, Anakin, Jaina, and Jacen run up to the shield and scream at Leia and Luke, as they send love, warmth, and strength at their mother and uncle. Corran places a hand just above the shield and sends his Force energy at his friends. Santi closes his eyes and places other hands, palms out, and concentrates his powers to both strength and touch the Force presences of the twins. Cighal places one of her webbed hands to her head and the other one-inch from the shield. She pours healing powers into and through the shield, and prays the twins will hear them before whatever this shield was created to protect against comes back.

<?> The question flows through the bond as two powerful Jedi enter the Jedi mind meld and strengthen the power of the light within this unseen world.
    Instantaneously, Luke and Leia open they eyes are turn to look at the six Jedi outside their little Force shield. Leia blinks at them before smiling, as Luke says with relief,
    <You?re really here, aren?t you?>

Nodding, the others all place their hands on the Force shield and pass unscathed through the intense, wild, and swirling power of the Jedi twins of Skywalker. The others are immediately able to see clearly within the bubble of light and turn to face Leia and Luke, who regard them carefully?

?How long is this going to take?? Han demands after thirty minutes had passed, and NONE of the eight Jedi on the floor even as much as twitched. Kiana Ti looks over at him, before shrugging helplessly, because there is no concept of time within the world of the mind.

First Floor, Main Palace Indoor Courtyard, Main Palace, Kolise, Kolistian Sector

With their lightsabers ablaze, the Jedi and the Sith square off in a deadly dance to see who would take control of the royal Kolistian palace. The lightsabers whirl in a myriad of colors varying from a crimson black of the Sith to the sun blazing light

9. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I always enjoy seeing Luke and Leia work together.

10. Jedi_of_Twilight

Aug 30, 2002
    Hello everyone, I'm working on the next posts right now!!!

RebelMom Thanks! And there are not enough moments of Luke and Leia joining their Jedi powers in my opinion! I'm glad you liked it!! :D

UP!!!

~Amilight

11. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Wow! Great description of the inner world, Twi. Love the mystical atmosphere.

because there is no concept of time within the world of the mind. LOL - that must be why I'm always late for everything!

Good post. :)

12. Clef

Clef Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 26, 2003
    Cool!!! I liked the unseen world and what exactly is Luke and Leia protecting themselves against in this "world"?

Please post ASAP!

Clef

13. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Oooooo....nothing like a "chase is on..." ;)

When do we see some of the chase? :D

14. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    One more up here for the missing author. :p

15. Jedi_of_Twilight

Aug 30, 2002
    *peaks in before using the Force to lift her thread to the top*

Hiya everyone...

Tahi LOL! I swear when I'm writing on listening to music all concept of time deserts me. Thanks and I'm glad you liked it.

Clef Thanks & you'll see. Heh...heh...heh. [face_devil] ;)

Moffy Thank you as always & yes I'm no longer missing though school work is doing its best to bury me alive. I swear there's so much, it's becoming its own entity!!!! [face_shocked] 8-}

And yes you'll see a chase or sorts. Heh. 8-}

But back to the main problem: sorry guys but I have three papers, a presentation, and finals so there'll be delays. All the story updates are half-done so I may be posting in the next week or so. :D Hopefully my muses will get me writing creatively, sooner though. ;)

Really sorry but hey sometime in May I'm free!!!!

Thanks again & UP!!!!!

~*Amilight

16. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Good luck with all your work, Twi. :)

17. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    And another little up.

18. Jedi_of_Twilight

Aug 30, 2002
    Thanks Tahi for keeping this alive for me. I'm so sorry for the delays but I had papers (due all in a row :( ) and then finals. [face_shocked]

Of course I'm now free (kinda, I have to make up hours for work) and am beta-reading, working, researching, and working on all my stories (including a one I'll be posting on ff.net)...

Ah, my stupidty for trying to do too many things at once. [face_blush]

I found, though, things I made for my stories a while ago, so if you want me to put those up while I try to finish my updates please tell me.

Thank again,

~God Bless & MTFBWY

~*Amilight

19. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Yep- I'd be interested Twi. :)

20. Jedi_of_Twilight

Aug 30, 2002
    Tahi Thanks for keeping this up!!! :D

Oh...

Sorry, sorry, sorry!!! :_| [face_blush]

Okay, I have the updates almost done-I'm giving you extra long posts!!!!

My various excuses????
    Computer problems, viruses, impossible amount of lightning storms *looks outside worriedly"*, food poisoning ( :_| ), working, distractions, et al...

Well I'm going to NYC like now so it'll be next week...

Thank you for being patient with me!! (not yelling at me)

Okay...for delay entertainment I'll explain a dream I had (like 2 weeks ago) though it's probably more for Angel's Plight . Anyway it's a little odd.

I was Karina (in 1st person & third person)....

This is going to take awhile, you have been warned:

It starts with Karina, Theo, Wiltam, and a Republic group of peoples starting to be randomly (that has to be a reflection of my personality) starting to be thrown into another dimension (one of the Earthian ones-Angel's Plight c/o ) that have aliens-that look like a cross between cats & humans taking over Earth & the humans are doing their best (and not very well I might add) to resist them.

The republic group gets hint that in ten minutes they & Karina, Theo and Wiltam are going to be thrown somewhere so they prepare themselves (obviously Imperials and Sith have attacked this dimension so they have to balance it out-damage control. This over course is the wrong assumption-this is really a cross b/w all my stories but probably more AP yet this is the only thread I'm putting it on)...

As they are starting to enter the dimension they get a glimpse of it. Karina sees it first and pushes back everyone to prevent them from being sucked in. She throws herself at them-kicking them back 'cept Theo. Lastly she grabs Theo-who dazed by her vehment throwing of people <Hahaha >-and pushes them back into the center dimension (they were in the Senate main chambers.) As she tries to dive in back with them the dimension barrier creates are tranparent wall like ice separting her and the center dimension. Theo screams her name and presses against the ice wall trying desparately to reach her. <Oh don't ask me how I remmber it all-I just do. The ice wall comes from a manga where the girl and boy-who like each other are separated until she is launched away by some unseen force> As she is being pulled away I (in third person) see why they DON'T want to go into that dimension. It's a trap set by the Sanchin (the DARK guardians-since the center dimension is the Dimension of Balance the structure of the universe is also in balance-of course it is anyway so the guardians have to be balanced by evil people) and it's very bad, dangerous trap indeed. This is Angel Plight storyline w/ the trap being later in this story. Heh. [face_devil]

Karina sees that the evil people ( 8-} ) made this energy like barrier/field around a large area where they would be thrown into the middle of that would not only block the Force powers but make their weapons useless pieces of crude matter. This very bad. Karina before she is sucked away realizes this doesn't apply to the Kolistian technology which is the highest (by alot) is the entire center galaxy-the one which the SW story takes place. Karina screams (I don't remember all she said-I did before but not now-sorry) that they cannot follow her. She explains and yells at Theo that he must notify the guardians (AP). She also says for the lowest form of Kolistian weapons be used if the republic group follows her later.

They have to stop this evil b/c the center dimension has to have the highest tech. in all the dimensions b/c they're the ones being thrown everywhere (Angel's Plight) if they can't defend themselves it's very bad since all the members have an important role in their own dimension (luckily the center dimension is protected by wards).

Karina is suddenly gone & Theo is left screaming her names and falling to his knees leaning against the clear wall. Suddenly he's back in the center dimension & the dimensional gate clo

21. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Yeah, crazy. :p

She never writes, she never calls...how am I supposed to remember these things? Don't think I forgot now. ;)

So, wheres more story? C'mon....

22. Jedi_of_Twilight

Aug 30, 2002
    *lol*

Moffy I'm just not reaching my threads fast enough for you, am I? ;)

For your and everyone's enjoyment here's the next post as promised......

~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 29

First Floor, Second Main Palace Indoor Courtyard, Main Palace, Kolise, Kolistian Sector

Rushing after the retreating Sith, the Jedi begin to launch lightning, spheres of fire, and other types of energy attacks. They rush the Sith towards the south wing of the palace to the launch pads and hangar bays. Though the Jedi wish to end this particular threat of the Sith, since it has been revealed that there is a multitude of them, the Jedi also desire to just kick the Sith off the planet, out of the system, and far away from this sector.

Concentrating, the Jedi king focuses lightside Force energy into little round balls of white fire. Theo immediately releases the energy at the three Sith he is presently pursuing. Then the Jedi king, using his powers to run faster, nails one of the Sith-instantly taking the darksider out-and injures another.

The Sith Theo misses easily dodges the attack and is completely unaffected, surprising the Jedi king, and spins around with black lightning appearing in his evil hands.

Skidding to a stop, Theo throws a reflective shield in front of him just as the Sith hurls his dark powers at the Jedi king. The blast makes the force shield weaken for a mere second, before Theo sends more energy into it. Opening his eyes with his left arm protecting his face, Theo glares at the Sith who has decided to stop being a cowards but to stand and fight.

Almost in unison, the rest of the Sith turn and gather their dark energy as well. The Jedi skid to a halt and throw up a collective Force-shield just as the remaining Sith launch enormous amounts of dark side energy.

A chaotic whirlwind of chaotic black fire swirls around both the Jedi and the Sith and the entire garden area, just outside the hangar bays and offices, ignites in flames. The red gold fire spreads quickly across the floor, and immediately the Jedi and the Sith jump upwards to higher ground.

?We do know that in an event of fire we?re suppose to keep to ground since the carbonated smoke rises upwards?!? Rylin yells as he leaps to the second floor, and watches as everyone in this garden area moves to higher ground-the only way away from the ever-burning flames.

?You act as if we have a choice!? Kaleline` yells, as he lands next to her. The girl continually rubs her eyes that are burning from the smoke of the fire.
    ?Up, up, up!!! The flames are getting higher!? Lakuin shouts as he pulls the Jedi prince along when he jumps onto the second floor railing.
    ?Hurry! The Sith want to continue the battle as we try not to burn to death!? Nickian cries, as he balances on the second floor balcony before leaping to grab the third floor balcony. Easily pulling himself up, the prince reaches down for his fellow Jedi friends.

?Just prefect,? Kaleline` says with annoyance.
    ?Ah well there?s nothing we can do about it ?side fighting, so move up!? Lakuin replies grabbing Nickian?s hand and pulling himself up to the third floor.

The foursome quickly leaps up again to the fifth floor, before Rylin asks where they are going. Nickian answers that both his parents say that they?ll lure the Sith up towards the eighth floor landing bays that can be access through the top floors of this garden complex.

?Plus everyone needs to head away from the smoke as well as the flames which are getting higher,? Nickian adds, looking down to see the flames are almost reaching the edges on the second floor.

Fifth floor Connecting platform Above the centermost indoor lake in the Garden, Second Main Palace Indoor Courtyard, Main Palace, Kolise, Kolistian Sector

Landing in the middle of the platform, Karina looks down to see that everything below her is being consumed by red gold flame. The immense amount of heat being generated makes the Jedi queen and the people around her feel like they?re meltin

23. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Rushing after the retreating Sith, the Jedi begin to launch lightning, spheres of fire, and other types of energy attacks.
    Ooo, they must be pretty good Jedi ;)

A chaotic whirlwind of chaotic black fire swirls around both the Jedi and the Sith and the entire garden area, just outside the hangar bays and offices, ignites in flames.
    See what happens when you fool around with fire? :p

The Sith upon the structure are flung to their death, all except one which hurled back towards the fifth floor landing.
    Uh-oh...

A nice element of added danger with the fire, building up the tension.
    A typically Twilightian post ;)
    That's good thing--lots of action, lots of danger, multiple characters and amusing dialogue. Forge ahead Twilight ;)

24. shadesaw

shadesaw Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2003
    Great as always. The engery attacks was a great addtion. UP!

25. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Finally! The Sith are taken care of. Let's hope they stay taken care of.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.