main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Shots in the Dark (pre-NJO...Luke, Anakin Solo, OC) UPDATED 6-26-06 R&R!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi_of_Twilight, Sep 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_of_Twilight

Jedi_of_Twilight Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2002
    Hello everyone and thank you for the R&Rs!!!! :D

Moffy Hiya and I'm glad you really like the post. I had fun with the energy attacks-the Force is an energy field created by life so shouldn't those sensititve to it have a bit more fun? o_O

shadesaw Yay for the energy attacks!!! Heh, our Jedi are having some fun, aren't they?

RebelMom Yes it seems most of them are down. Now what about those on that location unknown, eh? It's about to get a little more interesting and yes we get the Coruscantian pov next post!!!

Thank you and I'll get an update asap! [face_peace]

~*Amilight @};-

2. Clef

Clef Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 26, 2003
    All but one Sith are gone? Hey what are they going to do with the last Sith.

Ah it looks like all the Sith have been taken down...and I liked the way you wrote the battle scenes.

Please update!

Clef

3. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Just brushing the dust off of this thread ;)

4. Jedi_of_Twilight

Aug 30, 2002
    Thanks for waiting and upping this thread everyone!!!

Clef Thank you & yes all your questions will be answered! I'll be posting Tuesday/Wednesday!!!

Moffy Hiya and thanks! :D *blows at the dust before sneezing* That's what I'm doing to my room-parents: not allowed to put anything new (including clean clothes and stuff I just got) into my room!!! :_|

As for not posting earlier, I've just returned from an Anime Convention (Oatakon in Baltimore, MD, and yes I misspelled that :p )...first time I even cosplayed (well the dressed up part *sweatdrops*)

I was Kaitou Kid from Detective Conan (now *frowns* Cased Close, which irks me a little...oh well at least the manga shouldn't have any differences!!! :D ). Hmmm maybe I should send you a pic of him and a scan of me, eh?

Oh the week before was not costume making but a hospital visit. Yea, I almost died last last Saturday. My meds reacted badly (my asthma meds didn't like the other ones) and I had really bad attack of asthma or something. My mom (just before I left for the con) told me I nearly died 3 times (stopped breathing and all)...yea, thanks mom I needed to know that right at that moment. [face_worried]

Okay, moving on...what? hey I'm alive...on to the updates. I should have it up Tuesday/Wednesday!!! I have some of the updates written but one is not quite to my liking. ;)

Oh, UP!!!!!!!!

~*Amilight

5. Jedi_of_Twilight

Aug 30, 2002
    Ah it's still Wednesday for somebody, okay? o_O [face_blush]

Onward!!!!!!!!

~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 30

Within the Minds of Luke and Leia, Solo Apartment, Coruscant

The eight Jedi regard each other within the Force field created by the combined powers of the Jedi twins of Skywalker. Corran, Cighal, Santi, and the three Solo children reach out through the Force to aid the twins in their struggle against the darkness that surrounds them.

<Welcome. > Leia says dryly with Luke adding a quiet,
    < We are trapped in here, I?m sorry but we haven?t been able to figure a way out. >

<Why can?t you leave? > Santi cries. < We were able to pass into your minds-we may be able to pull you out of this mind trap. >

<What if you cannot? You said ?may be?. > the twins whisper in unison. They look at each of the Jedi with them,
    <We are sorry you are trapped with us. >

<What do you mean?! We can figure a way to leave this place. It was created by darkness so using the power of the lightside of the Force we can destroy the darkness and free your minds. > Corran cries looking at everyone with conviction lacing his every word.

< There must be a way. We mustn?t give up even to the very end! > Anakin says, glaring at everyone. Jaina and Jacen smile and they nod in agreement. Corran turns to look at the Force field and says,
    < What are we waiting for?> he glances to Leia and Luke. <Is there a way to launch the shield outwards and pierce the darkness? We can support you and it?ll give us enough time to free our minds! >

Luke and Leia look at each other, and Leia says
    <That may work since you came to join us!>
    <We didn?t have enough power before?! >

Santi grins and says,
    <You do now!>

The Jedi turn their attention back to the Force field when they all sense danger coming from all around. A shadow darkens the already dim light surrounding the brightly burning force field created by the twins of Skywalker. All of the Jedi stare coldly at the shadows and whisper in unison,
    ?We know you there. What do the Sith wish to say to their enemies-the Jedi of the Light??

Wicked laughter responds to their calmly statement. A long moment of silence stretches between the Jedi and the Sith. As the Jedi glance at each other, the Sith answer the Jedi?s? blunt question. A woman?s voice says,
    ?Why we simply wish to send our greetings to our prey??

?Oh how nice of you,? Jaina replies, her eyebrows raised. Leia adds, without expression,
    ?So we are your prize at the moment??

?You will be hunted until you have been neutralized,? a calm man voice whispers in the darkness. The Jedi all look into the pit blackness to the east of their field of light. Corran says with a grin,
    ?Thanks, always good to know who?s hunting who.?

As those of the darkness hiss in annoyance, Anakin adds,
    ?I thought you?d at least howl in anger?a hiss??
    ?Disappointing in my book,? Jaina adds, while Jacen grins wildly. Santi looks around and says,
    ?The whole invisible banshee act has been out of style for centuries??

?We?ll never be afraid of you,? Corran smiles, his eyes bright with the power of the light. The Force burns around the Jedi of the Light. Not only the Light and the Force is with them, but also the God who controls it is with them.

Luke stares deeply into a part of the darkness to his immediate right. After the others share a glance and are about to speak, Luke says,
    ?Why don?t you show yourself? Are you afraid to show your face before deciding our nearing future??

The same malevolent voice answers,
    ?Why show myself so early in the game, Jedi Master? You will meet me and we will continue, yes??

?I?ll pass, thank you,? Luke says calmly back. The darkness laughs evilly and mocks with,
    ?You ask if you have a choice, did you overlook the subtly??

?Was that supposed to scare us?? Jacen says, rolling his eyes. Jaina laughs in return at the poorly stated reply of the Sith?s. Anakin raises an eyebrow as Leia says,
    ?Oh we must have misunderstood. Don?t worry, we?ll avoid contact, ne??

?It?

6. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Yeah Luke and Leia are free of the mind control.

7. Jedi_of_Twilight

Aug 30, 2002
    :D

RebelMom YUP! *cheers* And now we can head towards the fun part of the story... [face_devil] ;)

And thank you for replying...where's everybody else?
    Oh well, I'll get another update just for you then...

~*Amilight

8. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    There must be a way. We mustn?t give up even to the very end! > Anakin says, glaring at everyone.
    That's the spirit! ;)

?I thought you?d at least howl in anger?a hiss??
    ?Disappointing in my book,? Jaina adds, while Jacen grins wildly. Santi looks around and says

More Solo spirit :D

The next step in finding the Sith?of course, finding them will most likely walking into the darksiders? hands. To chase and defeat this enemy, it seems the Jedi have to walk into a trap?
    Ah yes, the old 'walk into the trap' ploy that Jedi seem to like to use so often. Or do they just make excuses afterwards? :p

Awww, the not-completely-corrupted enemy. I'm sure our heroes will show him the way of the light ;)

9. Clef

Clef Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 26, 2003
    Sweet...
    :D

Luke & Leia free from the mind trap/control, the Solos being defiant and cool, and the final sith is going to be taken care of-one way or another.

Well written, I like it!

More please! Post ASAP!

10. shadesaw

shadesaw Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2003
    Great story. No mind control. Ha!!! Luke and Leia.

11. Jedi_of_Twilight

Aug 30, 2002
    *stuggles to climb out of a rabbit hole*

Okay everyone sorry for the delay & my updates will be up Fri/Sat. It'd be earlier but I have a presentation, a quiz, & work.

Yay for college...and sorry.

Moffy Gotta have that Solo spirit! ;) & yes the whole walking into a trap-though this remains to be seen. Hmmmm... [face_thinking]
    And thank you for your review as always! :D

Clef Thank you so much & I'm glad you're enjoying.

Shadesaw Thank you & yes they're free, they're free!!! [face_dancing] :p

Sorry for the wait but I'll have it up soon!

~*Amilight

*screams as she suddenly plunges back into the rabbit hole of the evil plotbunnies*

12. Jedi_of_Twilight

Aug 30, 2002
    Ugh, sorry everyone...

Hurrican Ivan, about a week & a half ago launched tonardos near my house-luckily not coming too close for comfort-and nailed powerlines. My computer got fried (bad for stories & bad for major papers!!! :_| ) & I've finally got it up and running again.

I'll try to get the updates I rescued up tonight, if not it'll be up tomorrow.

So sorry!!!

~*Amilight

13. Jedi_of_Twilight

Aug 30, 2002
    I got the update up tonight!!! Yay, go me! :p

Sorry for the wait & this is a longer post for you guys!!! Please R&R!

~*~*~*~

Chapter 31

Solo Apartment, Resident Building close to the Imperial Palace, Coruscant

Recovering from their ordeal, the Jedi start to gather their forces towards the main resident building. Feeling reasons from the Force, the Jedi know that they must have a force gathered to deal with the masters of the Sith that attacked them.

Right now one such rendezvous point is the Solo residence-particularly since Master Skywalker and Master Jade Skywalker?s apartment is in the process of being repaired.

Leia, Han, and the three Solo kids wait in the apartment for the others to arrive. Fortunately, Mare Jade Skywalker had landed about two hours before-for her danger sense was flaring even before the attack began. She immediately flew towards Coruscant when her contact with the others-especially Luke-was surprisingly blocked.

Jaina, fed up with waiting, turned on the holovid and looked for the news-particularly what the government was going to say about the recent incidents. Jacen is on the side couch, ignoring everyone as he fiddles with an object.

//What is he doing? // Anakin thinks looking over at his brother. Anakin then rolls his eyes as Jaina, who?s now annoyed by the cover-up by the republic, turns on some random channel. //Or maybe not so random. Wonder if she?s actually into a holo opera. //

?Nah,? he says under his breath, knowing that Jaina like their father would never be able to stand watching anything remotely like that.

As the Solo kids wait in left side of the main room in the apartment, Han and Leia quickly send a call to Luke and Mara?s, as well as others?, commlinks. Getting a response from Luke, both of them relax somewhat.

A few minutes later, Luke and Mara arrive and speak softly to Leia and Han. Mara says quietly,
    ?What else has happened since I arrived and before that??

Leia and Han raise eyebrows at Luke who shakes his head in exasperation. His wife is definitely looking for another opinion, probably because she believes he?s toning down the really traumatic parts of the attack. Han leads Luke away with a hand touching the young man?s shoulder and the slight movement of his head. Luke gives one last glance over at Mara before drawing to the side with Han.

Leia takes a deep breath as Mara turns her jade green eyes-which look like lasers at the moment-on her. Mara asks icily, and for Leia?s ears only,
    ?What happened and I want to know details. You saw everything even before you reached that room. If Luke and I can do that, you can as well and don?t disagree. The twin bond when it awakened has been getting incredibly stronger by each passing year.?

Leia says calmly,
    ?The full story??
    ?The full story.?

?Okay,? Leia says and begins to tell her about the attack on Luke, the council, and other key Jedi and military points. The Jedi and the military have both come to the conclusion that the primarily attack was not meant to completely destroy or steal an item/data of any importance. It seems more like a test case and a distraction.

Mara gives Leia another one of her stares and Leia explains-in detail at Mara?s urging-about the surprise attack that no one felt until the attack was under way. She explains the battle, the dangerous situation, and the purpose-to kill or kidnap Luke. Also she said that she and a few others are also on the bounty-so to say-list.

Mara frowns, absorbing the information, and nods once at Leia. The men join the two of them, and all four begin to send an encrypted signal towards the Kolistian Sector.

Upper Level Central, Committee Lobby, Main Palace, Kolise, Kolistian Sector

Sparing a glance at the poor young man-former Sith that he was-sitting on a couch to the side with a Jedi mind healer, Karina and Theo moves towards the table positioned in the center of the area connected to the lobby. Sitting across from each other-to either side at the center of the t

14. shadesaw

Jan 13, 2003
    NIce. A great way to end 31. Keep it up.

15. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Ah, Mara is back and now they will all get together and go after the sith. No more jumping planets. ;)

16. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Yay! Caught up on two posts at last. :)
    I loved the cryptic Anakin dialogue in the first post. LOL I also enjoyed the Theo/Karina scene. Those two are cool.

Aha - so they're all off to sort out the Sith. Looking forward to that. :)

17. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    I was wondering how you were going to tie the Skywalker story and Theo/Karina story together.

Now it all starts falling into place.
    *rubs hands* ;)

18. Jedi_of_Twilight

Aug 30, 2002
    Wow, thank you everyone. I guess the longer post was something you couldn't resist looking at. ;) :D

Ah and I'll have another post asap-midterms are about to end so my plotbunnies are grinning evilly again. ^^U

Shadesaw Thanks & more will be coming.

RebelMom Thanks for replying & yes Mara's joining the party.
    No more jumping planets. Awww, but that's so much fun... :p

Tahi Welcome back! And thank you! Yes Anakin knows something that hasn't been revealed yet & Karina, Theo, and the rest are going to have an interesting time very soon.

Moffy Yes, they're coming together and the fun begins. [face_devil] And thanks for the reply as always. Glad you're awaiting...I'm sure you'll like what's coming!

Thanks again,

~*Amilight

19. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Good old Anakin is always ahead of the eight ball.

Looking forward to more when you're free from DRL again. :)

20. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    Yes! I've been trying to remember the name of this story for months! I hope you can update soon.

21. Jedi_of_Twilight

Aug 30, 2002
    OMG, I haven't updated forever....
    I'm so sorry everyone, i should have a post up very soon. I'm in the middle of two papers but they're not due yet.

So I'll update my stories instead.^^

Tahi Thank you and he's slowly releasing my from his spell.
    flowerbee NOOOOOOO! Don't forget my story!!!

UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. Jedi_of_Twilight

Aug 30, 2002
    Alrighty still having issues so this is only part one of the entire chapter-ENJOY! :D

<please! ^^U>

~*~

Chapter 32 (Part One)

Outer loop of the Mitias Comet Rings, 2 hyperspace days away from Nirauin, Mintinum System

Aboard the Kolistian Ship, The Rising Star

Moving towards the main holoviewer near the window of the ship?s bridge, the Jedi king and queen look apprehensively at the data pouring in from various spy networks-information either confirmed or rumored. The mid-sized Kolistian ship is also accompanied by six smaller vessels with a complement of twenty fighters-all equipped with innovative weapon and shield technology-and?thirty Jedi.

Karina turns and asks Theo,
    ?Are we on time??
    ?I believe so. Luke, Leia, Han, and the others will be here shortly,? he says calmly, his eyes somewhat distant. Another Jedi, Master Kiltheo Mitvitlvin frowns and asks,
    ?Anyone besides me have this disturbing sense of helplessness? I think we?re running out of time.?

?Or someone near us is?? Theo says, his jade green eyes darkening in thought. He looks towards Karina and meets her sad eyes. They finally realized why they felt danger from their life long friend as well as what happened to the small intelligence group-which they did not know was sent there-on Nirauin. The other Jedi and soldiers look at them and one Jedi asks, her voice tinted with concern,
    ?What else has happened??

?A group-that we were NOT informed of-went to Nirauin three weeks ago. All but two were reported dead by following agents,? Theo says, his eyes angry as he looks at the leader of the soldiers. The man shrugs as if to say he didn?t know anything either. Or not that much. Karina looks at everyone and adds icily,
    ?We are not to be misinformed or uninformed ever again. Should this happen the consequences of those involved will be beyond reckoning. Is that clear to all present??

Everyone nods and she continues,
    ?We know that the two individuals are alive, though one of them has a quickly fading future??
    ?That of who-is-most-likely-to-die,? Theo adds, though Karina does not stop.
    ?The other is getting interrogated every four hours. And yes we can tell, but do not worry, he has not told them anything??

?Except?!? the others cry out. Both the Jedi king and queen sigh and say as one,
    ?They know his name-he said that to save the other and now knows how to use that revealed information to lead the other Sith in circles.?

?Of course, we can tell who he is,? Karina continues, as she and Theo hear the unspoken question. ?Because he is??
    ?He is connected to us. And we would like to know why HE was there. He was called-and it had to be a very good reason for him to be-there and now he?s in enemy hands,? Theo adds, his jade green eyes literally a lit with fury. Looking at those gathered-from Jedi to intelligence officers-Karina then says with blue eyes flashing, ?Care to explain that????

Silence greets the royals but the definite sound of gulps of fear can be heard. Both Karina and Theo twitch in annoyance, as they wait for the reply. One of the intelligence officers stutters, ?We thought we had a good le-ad?it was on the Dailons case bu-u-t?it turned out to be this.?
    ?The group found some odd artifacts and Lord Willtam Lanti offered to go-he said if it was he thought it was, your highnesses needed to know,? another squeaks, her face turning red in embarrassment. Theo says,
    ?Okay, but why WE WERE NOT INFORMED?!?

No one answers, and the other Jedi look calmly at the royals, who sigh. With a meaningful glance at the other, the Jedi queen and king move towards the bridge?s window screen.

A war is coming?and only the Jedi can stop it before it throws the galaxy once more into chaos.

Karina and Theo look towards Nirauin and say in unison,
    ?Willtam.?

~*~

(end Part One)

<<<um...yeah, hope that keeps you guys from killing me! ^^U>>>

23. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    No, no death... yet. [face_devil] I find your style rather confusing. Very enjoyable, though.

24. shadesaw

Jan 13, 2003
    Beautiful story. :D

I like pre-NJO era.

25. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Nah, won't do any good to cause your death. Dead people can't write. ;)

I think King and Queenie were a bit ticked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.