main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Shots in the Dark (pre-NJO...Luke, Anakin Solo, OC) UPDATED 6-26-06 R&R!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi_of_Twilight, Sep 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Nah, we won't kill you...yet [face_devil]

So, I hope in your stories that something good eventually happens to the characters. Its one calamity after another. :p

But they will save the day I'm sure :D

2. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Silence greets the royals but the definite sound of gulps of fear can be heard. Both Karina and Theo twitch in annoyance, as they wait for the reply
    Heh heh, I liked that bit. It gave me a great picture of what was going on. Quite cinematic. :)

I like the air of mystery you invoke. Karina and Theo are great characters, too - very "royal".

The poor beleaguered Jedi - they DO have a tough time. :)

Hope your studies are going well.

3. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
  4. Jedi_of_Twilight

Jedi_of_Twilight Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2002
    I'm finally back! Urg, I've been having technical difficulties.

A update will be soon, but I am alive if any of you care. ;)

UP!

~Amilight

5. Jedi_of_Twilight

Aug 30, 2002
    Ah, sorry for being bitter on the last post. [face_blush]
    I hate moving but I found my story notes. Updates by Monday. ^^

6. Jedi_of_Twilight

Aug 30, 2002
    Okay, here's part two. I'm having trouble updating the story thread title. Any suggestions?
    Here we go!

~*~
    Chapter 32 Part Two

Ten minutes out from the Outer loop of the Mitias Comet Rings, 2 hyperspace days away from Nirauin, Mintinum System

Aboard the
    Millennium Falcon

Sitting in the pilot seat, Han Solo frowns as he turns towards the main hold. He is definitely not thrilled at the fact that his children had to join them on this trip. Jedi kids-hey any Jedi-shouldn?t be heading towards a planet that more likely than not to be infested with Sith.

/Just great. Another Sith problem to deal with and with our record it?ll be a little too interesting. /

?Hey, you feeling okay?? Leia asks, coming up from behind him. Her deep brown eyes are filled with her concern and love for him. Han grins and says,
    ?Nothing like a ?quiet? trip to make my day.?

Before she can respond they both hear-to their dismay and amusement-a few muttered curses, a large angry roar, and,
    ?Are you insane?? Jacen cries.
    ? Why?d you do that?? Jaina says warily, as Anakin shouts,
    ?Don?t look at me-it?s not my fault!?
    ?Good God, little brother, you trying to kill us??
    ?It?s not like I meant to!?
    ?Okay, hold it. What are we going to do??

Leia presses her face into the top of the pilot?s seat and sighs dramatically. His grin widening, Han shakes his head and wonders what his Jedi kids got themselves into this time. Another much louder and angrier roar echoes soon after and both parents give each other worried looks before they run into towards the main hold.

Jaws dropping, Han and Leia cannot help but burst out laughing at the scene that lay before them. Though Han was not too pleased with the damage to the Falcon, he continues to laugh.

The three Solo children had been experimenting with some of the equipment that included very short range stunners-of the liquid kind-mechanical parts belonging to some droids (luckily not Threepio or R2D2), and other various nontoxic chemicals. The result was they were covered in ash and a green-blue substance from head to toe. The twins were just shy of glaring death daggers at their little brother who is trying to defend himself, as they all tried to pry the substance off their bodies.

Worse, they all have to deal with a very unhappy wookie who has suffered the same fate as the Solo children. His fur is caked with the gooey substance.

Chewbacca is growling over the mess, and Han and Leia look at their somewhat sheepish children.

Leia sighs and says, in the mother tone that allows no argument,
    ?Head to the refresher now! And we will discuss what exactly you three were trying to do.?

?But-!?
    ?Yes??
    ?How do we get this stuff off of us?? Anakin says with a sheepish smile. Han starts laughing at his son expression but says,
    ?We?ll figure a way, now out with you. The Falcon did not need a bath or whatever this is.?
    Growling, Chewbacca informs them that the harmless substance remarkably resembles a useful substance. Everyone turns and looks at him. He growls to Han, who starts laughing harder than he was before. He says to the others,
    ?It?s alright. Extra soap should get it off since it?s become hair gel.?
    ?Hair gel?? Leia says incredulously, as Han turns to Chewbacca and adds,
    ?It?s perfect, buddy. No more bad hair days!?

A beep from the cockpit draws their attention, and Leia nods to Han. She herds her three children towards the refresher as she admonishes them. She loudly asks what they were thinking especially since they?re about to meet up with everyone else in mere minutes.

Cockpit of the Millennium Falcon

Quickly entering, Han Solo slips into the pilot seat, and yells to everyone,
    ?Get ready for entering real space. Hyperdrive will disengage in five minutes!?

Leia?s voice comes backs, asking,
    ?Ah, when we contact the Kolistians??

?Stall?? Han quips, a grin crossing his face. Leia yells back,
    ?That will do. We?ve got a bit of cleaning up to do, and I?m sure Chewbacca would like to get his hair natural again

7. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    Whee. :p

Don't have much time... but, although the post was a wee bit confusing, I still liked it very much. :D

8. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    It's Sith hunting time. ;p

You might need to get a mod to change the subject line. Others have had the same problem.

9. shadesaw

shadesaw Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2003
    So the Jedi must go on a "GREAT HUNT." Nice :)

10. Jedi_of_Twilight

Aug 30, 2002
    Thank you everyone...

Flowerbee Thank you and more will be up soon. I fixed the mistake-giving the wrong name for the system. It shouldn't be confusing now. :D

RebelMom Time for facing the Sith & good hunting for everyone. :D Thank you & as you guys can see the great mod Healer_Leona came to my aid!

Shadesaw A great hunt? Hmmm...it is going after the Sith in the pov of the Jedi. But isn't the full question 'who is hunting who?' [face_mischief]

I am working on my updates & having fun with story especially. I know where this going, so...oh, you'll see. Mums the word. [face_shhh] [face_good_luck]

~*Amilight

11. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Oh yeah, I remember this story :p

I like the first section. Who doesn't like some Solo family interaction? ;)

That isn't to say the second part wasn't any good--just a bit of transition work to move the story along. Hopefully it won't be several months to see what happens next. :p

12. Jedi_of_Twilight

Aug 30, 2002
    Sorry for the delay-it'll be this weekend!

Moffy I'm so glad you remember... o_O
    Thanks and it won't be several months!

Ah, it'll be up asap! *don't throw things at me!*

~Amilight

13. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I loved the scene on the Falcon, and the hair gel. Classic humour.

Jedi kids-hey any Jedi-shouldn?t be heading towards a planet that more likely than not to be infested with Sith.
    A very good point. LOL

You write Han's dialogue very well - it sounds SO like him. :)

Good to catch up with Luk and Mara again, too. Great post, Twi

14. Jedi_of_Twilight

Aug 30, 2002
    Tahi Thank you so much! :D
    *lol* the hair gel thing just jumped at me.

Ah you're lucky, I have the next chapter ready now!

~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 33

Outside Salenaina, capital city of Nirauin, Mintinum System

Within a dim room

Hands tied above his head, Willtam sits calmly as he studies the ceiling. It is a little too quiet since the Lady Sith?s-or whatever she?s called-last visit. She seems amused with him because she knows that he will not reveal anything other than the name he gave before.

Willtam winces, he would have preferred not to release his name but it truly does not matter. Right now all that matters is keeping the Sith from knowing that he has Jedi powers. As long as they think he?s a high up normal or semi-force sensitive person, Willtam will be able to handle anything that comes his way.

What disturbs him, though, is constant visits from the Sith Lady. Of course, Willtam has not answered any other questions. He knows that the Sith wants to see if Willtam has any weaknesses in his mental shields or weak enough to give away information.

All she has received is Willtam?s patronizing smile. His eyes cold and completely silent, Willtam does not react to any punishment. He has had Mind Probe Resistance training as well as other training to resist all forms of assault (from drugs to torture).

Ironically, it seems the Sith are rather impressed. The last visit the Lady Sith made, Willtam actually became incredibly sarcastic before maintaining his record of silence.

Willtam focuses on keeping his mental shields at full, and absorbs all the information revealed to him.

Let?s see how much his captors have to say.

It has been beneficial to keep silent, because all the data he has heard or figured out has definitely been worth his name.

Besides, barely a handful of people outside the Kolistian Sector know his name or his position. It is another benefit of being a person from a sector that has not only the highest technology in the galaxy, but the utmost secrecy within its borders. Very few know that the queen and king, and what remains of their families, are fully trained in the Jedi arts and very skillful and dangerous.

Willtam is a Jedi Knight going on Jedi Master, but he knows that it will take a large group of Jedi to defeat these Sith and rescue him from this oh so lovely predicament.

The only thing he can do is bid his time?waiting and waiting. All he needs is the right moment to escape and therefore prevent being recaptured and the security tightened.

Playing the stubborn, clueless prisoner is the best option at the moment-unappealing as it is.

Sighing, Willtam laments his revelation of his name but knows it was the only way to save his friend. Though it is of no real consequence, the problem is the whole point of the matter?

His friend?she is still alive, and Willtam feels the Sith ?questioning? her. They tell her they know his name and it is all her fault. Unfortunately for the Sith, the young woman is barely force-sensitive and knows that is all he has and will ever reveal. Through the Force she sends a comforting message?

I know you didn?t even reveal my name. I?m sorry you had to reveal yours but only a few know your name. And only a handful know both your name and your Royals? names. You have kept me alive-urh?

And now you?re getting tortured! I should be more annoying from now on. They will turn their focus and evil intentions back to me-!
    Willtam replies, frowning. He closes his eyes and breathes slowly. They snap back open as she barely-in order to escape detection-sends back,

NO! They must NOT come for you again! First advisor since the start for the Kolistian queen and now both for the queen and king, you cannot be revealed! If they find out they will know you are force-sensitive. They?ll up the drugs, torture, and use the dark side to destroy you and use you as a pawn. I cannot allow that! Never! I will not allow you to be used against your people, not like I was for mine?

I think w

15. Jedi_of_Twilight

Aug 30, 2002
  16. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    Um, uh oh? :p

17. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    that was different. I don't think Will is in for a nice chat this time.

18. shadesaw

shadesaw Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2003
    Great. So Willam is on mission to find out what the Sith are doing?

19. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Great description of Willtam's dilemma, anf yes I definitely enjoyed seeing things from his p-o-v.

All she has received is Willtam?s patronizing smile. His eyes cold and completely silent, Willtam does not react to any punishment. He has had Mind Probe Resistance training as well as other training to resist all forms of assault (from drugs to torture).
    I wonder how he'd get on against my granddaughter. Hee hee. He'd need earmuffs at the very least. ;)

Yes it's good to be an unknown sometimes. No expectations. :)

20. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Yeah, I'd pretty much echo what Tahi said...except the grandaughter part :p

Interesting dilemmas anyway-use powers, don't use powers, what to do?!

;)

21. Jedi_of_Twilight

Aug 30, 2002
    Thanks for your replies, everyone! Sorry about the delay. The bunching up of midterms, papers, and projects has left me with no time and little sleep.

*head hits keyboard*

Youch...ah ha, a little random, but I am working on the next chapter. I don't know how I was able to write it, but I somehow managed. I'll try to have it up by this weekend.

Flowerbee :D Yes, it's going to get even more interesting! [face_devil] :D

RebelMom LOL! Did you mean that in a good way? ^^U Ah, Willtam's next chat is not going to be a simple walk in the park that's for sure.

Shadesaw His mission, as you guys probably figured out, was to do some intell on this planet (checking out the claims of the Kolistian agents there). As for getting information from the Sith, well what else is he suppose to do? :p

Tahi Thank you & I'm glad you liked seeing Willtam's pov. I had this chapter handwritten for a while but didn't know the best place to put it in my story.

Moffy lol...use powers or not to use powers-that is the question. Hmmm...we'll have to see.

Thank you & I'll get all my stories updated asap!

~*Amilight

22. Jedi_of_Twilight

Aug 30, 2002
    "Do or Do not, there is no try...."

I cursed myself, didn't I? :_|
    Sorry about the delay-got homework, projects, and papers. Ah the college life, eh? ;)
    This weekend looks promising though thanksgiving and all throughout Christmas is going to be when I get in deep for this story....

23. Jedi_of_Twilight

Aug 30, 2002
    Ah I did indeed curse myself. School decided to kill me & bury me under lots & lots of works.
    Oh well, I'm back from college completely-no driving to campus for me! And there's plenty of time before Spring semester starts.

Everything will be up by tomorrow...

24. Jedi_of_Twilight

Aug 30, 2002
    Ah...I'm so behind!!! :_| College took me out-too many things right before Finals, but hey I aced my classes!

Okay, here's the next update-enjoy and R&R please! :D

*~*~*~*~*

Chapter 34

Halo?s Tsu Hotel, Alphen, Laten, Matas System

As everyone gathered around the table in one of the grander rooms of the hotel, Theo motions for everyone to take a seat. He looks around the room focusing on each person?s face before catching Karina?s eye. She nods encouragingly and Theo says,

?As you are all aware, we are only two days out from Nirauin and there will be a battle between the Sith forces and us.?

Han raises an eyebrow before saying,
    ?Are you asking whether we really want to do this??

The others look at them, with Leia and Luke stifling their smiles, and looks towards the two Royals. Karina shakes her head and says, leaning in,
    ?No, we are not. We are simply warning you of the coming dangers. The Kolistians will be going in no matter what, since Theo and I have no intention of turning back. It seems our people do not wish to leave us.?

Serena Maurin snorts and says,
    ?How could you believe otherwise, Your Excellencies??

Theo and Karina grin before Karina continues,
    ?We plan on landing in the capital city of Salenaina as normal travelers. We can suppress our Force signatures if we work as one, though I?m sure that the Sith will soon realize our presence.?

?Ah, but we can use the time to our advantage,? Ash says, looking towards Luke, Mara, Leia, and Han. The four exchange glances before Leia says,
    ?What do you plan to do once we land??

?There is an exceptional hotel where most travelers stay and if we go in separate groups that would lessen the chances of immediate detection,? Theo says, looking around at the others. The New republic agent Rei Micti suddenly adds in,
    ?You make it sound so easy! How are we suppose to keep a low profile when some of us are well known??

She looks meaningfully at Luke and Leia who share a silent look and conversation. Mara raises and eyebrow and says,
    ?We?ll keep a low profile and stay as inconspicuous as possible. The Sith will know we?re there eventually anyway. These ones are not stupid and are strangely hiding their sense of arrogance.?

?So far, anyway,? Nickian says and Karina raises an eyebrow an her son. She continues,
    ?We though a meeting was in order to organize our direct approach between the Jedi, Kolistian, and Republic forces. It is fortunate that we are all together since the Sith threaten us all.?

?Agreed. What do you have in mind for dealing with the Sith?? Leia says as Luke adds,
    ?How many Sith do you think we will come across-the minimum amount??

?We don?t know?at least sixty.?

?Sixty?!? Rei yells, before anyone else could even open his or her mouths. She stares at the Jedi, Han, and Mirax. ?Have you guys gone mad??

?I always have to wonder,? Han says, earning an exasperated look from Leia as Mara rolls her eyes. Karina says,
    ?Let?s focus, shall we??

?There are around forty of us,? Jaina adds with a small smile as Anakin grins. Jacen shakes his head and asks,
    ?So what?s the plan??

?Glad you asked!? Theo says pulling on an oversized data pad. He sets it in the middle of the table and full almost transparent screens appear around a holographic representation of Nirauin. Everyone moves in closer and looks at the data shown on the four main screens around the planet.

?This holds as much information as we have been able to gather on Nirauin as well as the limited knowledge of the Sith presence. Also we have heard rumors on how there are nights where the stars disappear and a cold, dark fog swirls around the cities, especially right around Salenaina,? Karina explains before touching the highlighted point on the globe.

The screens display the information on the city while the holographic image splits into multiple viewpoints on the city-from parks to buildings. The detail is perfect and an amazing display of the city.

Looking at the information and especially the

25. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Shoot, I've forgotten what the prophecy was that Anakin is referring to. Anyway, it's nice to see everybody working together. I hope you don't get too buried by schoolwork again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.