Shots in the Dark (pre-NJO...Luke, Anakin Solo, OC) UPDATED 6-26-06 R&R!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi_of_Twilight, Sep 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RebelMom Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    That Sith lady never gives up does she?
  2. Moff_D Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    What kind of teacher threatens to kill you?

Oh, the post was fine too ;)
  3. Jedi_of_Twilight Jedi Master

star 3
    Thank you all [face_blush]

RebelMom She never gives up [face_devil] but now she's dead! Sucks to be her 8-}

Moff_D A very evil teacher & a very mad cause I was too sick, couldn't talk, and come to her class kinda teacher.

Ick :mad:

Oh well, next post coming soon!!!

~*~
    Jedi_0f_Twilight

Darkness falls or does it fade into morning?
    Twilight?
    Can be defined as either.

What am I? Am I evil or Good? Dark or light?

I am the Twilight...I am a Jedi...does that mean I'm of the light?
  4. Moff_D Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    So, Amilight, what'd you do? Get a life? :p
    Buried in schoolwork? Near death's door?
    Only 6 days, I guess that still qualifies as soon ;)
  5. Jedi_of_Twilight Jedi Master

star 3
    Technicial difficulties-sorry all. [face_blush]

I got recruited into the school play-which starts officially Thurday night, then Friday & Saturday nights.(I've been on the job a week-damn my drama teacher & her procraination to ****!!! :mad:)

The peoples had no idea what some major and minor characters of Star Wars wears.

It's a Twelvth Night/StarWars play-yeah I'm part of costume crew, an extra, and running crew [face_shocked]

I'll be adding a post the latest by this weekend. I have today off from reheral & I'm sick-I'll have the time.

~Thanks Moffy, I'm not dead-I assure you

~*~
    Jedi_of_Twilight
  6. Jedi_of_Twilight Jedi Master

star 3
    I'm halfway done, the play was pretty good-thanks to cast and crew not our stupid/evil director :mad: 8-}

I'll have the next post up soon, thanks for waiting for those of you who are just looking at the thread (Moffy where are you?)

~*~
    Twilight
  7. Moff_D Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Right here. Where else would I be? ;)

Rise dormant thread!
  8. Jedi_of_Twilight Jedi Master

star 3
    There you are :D

I'm working on Angel's Plight, Shots in the Dark, and Rebel High all at the same time.

*grabs head in agony over the suddenly explosion of plotlines running through her head*

It'll be up soon-at least a small chapter.

~Thanks

~*~
    Amilight

UP! :)
  9. Tahi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm having a reading rather than writing day - so I can catch up on everyone's stories. I like the way you've developed the Luke-Leia realtionship here.
  10. Moff_D Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hey, it's December. Christmas is drawing closer. You know what that means--time off! For writing. :)
  11. Jedi_of_Twilight Jedi Master

star 3
    Thanks, Moff_D & Tahi

I'm kinda in a rush, but I finished my post for this &* Angel's Plight in time to post.
    I'll have even more interesting things next time...
    [face_mischief]

~*~*~*~*~*~
    Chapter 12

Coruscant

Stumbling to the Solos? apartment, Leia walks with Santi, who carries Luke, in the middle of a vigilant circle of Jedi protectors. Seth moves to walk next to Santi, and the three Solo children and Raynar follow without hesitation. The group descend two levels down and walk quickly as possible to the comfortable suite.

?We need more than ever, a full investigation with as many Jedi as we can summon. And, tell Master Skywalker sorry, but Jedi Skywalker-Solo, Jedi will have to be with you at all times,? Santi says softly with concern tinting his voice. The daughter of Skywalker gives no reply, as they enter the suite of the Solo family. Santi repeats himself as the Jedi and Han seat themselves around the sitting room of the apartment.

?No.?

The Leia looks at their friends with icy determination, and moves over to touch Luke faces, pushing his hair out of his face. Seth opens his mouth to protest their stubbornness, but Kirana Ti cuts him off.
    ?You are in danger. I don?t care how you feel about your new ?bodyguards?!! You will not leave our protection for even an instant!!?

Leia jumps up with a grim expression and glare daggers at Kirana Ti, before walking towards the balcony adjoined to the suite. She steps out onto the balcony and feel the breeze whipping around the building.

Luke, laying on one of the couches, awakens and gives every a smile. Noting their expressions, all pretending to be calm and carefree, Luke looks at the balcony for a second then turns to them. His eyes show his confusion, as he waits for someone to tell him. He hears Leia?s voice in his mind, as the others talk to him.

?Master Skywalker, we have been telling Jedi Skywalker-Solo that you two must be under complete Jedi protection all time,? Kirana Ti tells look with a calm expression, though her eyes are rather cold. Luke stares at her incredulously and replies,

?No.?

Luke pulls his weakened body up and limps to the marble, decorated railing. Calmly, he peers down to the levels below them. Coruscant is lighted by the reflections caused by the sun, but the blond Jedi master just looks out, with his eyes are unfocused, lost in his thoughts.

Leia?s soft voice breaks the silence, when the others join Luke and herself on the balcony.
    ?We will not be chaperoned. I am an official to the government and Luke?s the head Jedi master. We cannot hide from our duties, and I refuse to be hidden from the Sith.?

?But-!? Winter tries to respond, yet she falls into silence looking sadly at the twins. Only the strong wind is heard howling in the bright daylight. The sky is blue, the sun is shining brightly, and the Force is at peace.

?They will come for us, guards or not. It does not matter to them, and we cannot show any fear. Leia and I must be extremely cautious, yes, but to hide pointlessly is more dangerous than staying in the open,? Luke soft, gentle voice brings everyone out of their own revelries.

Han growling about crazy, suicidal Jedi, grips both Leia and Luke by their arms. Blinking in surprise, the Jedi twins back away, sensing Han?s intent. The children are sent back inside the suite, and everyone waits for Han to speak his piece. Hopefully it will be enlightening to the Jedi twins, instead of agonizing the already stifling tension caused by the assault on Luke.

?They tried to kidnap you, kid. What are you going to do about it?! Leia, Luke, staying in the open is only good for awhile. If you?re ambushed going to a meeting, and the Sith there to get you, who will be there?! Don?t even think about going off alone! Crazy choices are gonna catch up with you!! Have some damn self preservation!?

?Han?? Leia says soothingly to Han, as she and Luke squirm to pull their arms out of Han?s viselike grip. Han stares angrily at them and the te
  12. Moff_D Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    3 weeks for this?

j/k, seriously, j/k, Don't start :_|

I dislike Sith. :D Funny line
    Nice Skywalker family interplay as well.

Those crazy sith...wipe them out. All of them.
  13. RebelMom Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    sounds like Luke and Leia - they don't like having bodyguards.
  14. Moff_D Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Say, that reminds me--up!

Outta sight, outta mind, ya know? ;)
  15. Jedi_of_Twilight Jedi Master

star 3
    Don't worry, I'm working on it.

Being at a wedding and not accessible to a computer has really set me behind-especially in school.

Interim grades? Ouch [face_blush]

I'll try to get something up soon-gotta go.

&

UP!

~*~
    Amilight
  16. Jedi_of_Twilight Jedi Master

star 3
    Please even when I'm gone could you guys randomly up? It's really hard to find and to see my thread so far back.

Anyway, Merry Christmas and here's a nice installment & I will actually have another one very close-two days-i will.

~* for being 18 & officially an adult, I got a rather large amount of toys-star wars collectibles aside. Were they hinting at something? 8-}

Thanks for waiting...

Chapter 13

Outer Palace count yard, Kolise`, Kolistian Sector

Breaking into a full out run, Karina directs her son away before heading out into the bright daylight. Though, what should have been bright, blazing daylight.

Gazing upwards in surprise, she studies the dark clouds and fog covering over the capital city, perhaps the entire planet of Kolise`. The very air in front of her darkens and becomes like jelly-thicken and heavy.

?Nickian get inside.?
    ?But-!?
    ?Get. In. Side,? Karina says firmly, her voice sounds like unyielding ice. Her son looks at her and turns and runs back to the entry way. He opens his mouth but stops. Closing his mouth, he frowns and whips around, darting back into the palace. She now stands alone.

Slowly, she walks, step by step, her blacks boots making no sound on the stone pathway. It is quiet-too quiet. She can barely see but can feel the presences around her, and around the palace. Some darkness is still inside, but the confrontation will be here and now.

//Run, Nickian. You must RUN!// she sends strongly through their bond, and she relaxes. He is running towards the other Jedi and they to him. Her children are safe, and?her husband? Hopefully, he?ll find a way to get himself out of the situation he is presently in.

Still walking, Karina moves gracefully through the courtyards and heads into the mazes of the inclosed gardens. This would be the dangerous parts of the beautiful gardens. To easy to hide-Sith can even hid their presences very well from them. Of course, all Jedi can hide themselves from the darksiders as well. Theo has gotten himself into a stalemate, but there are more Sith coming.

Must I save you again? she sends speaking through their special bond. Knowing, no one else can even sense her talking to him, she smiles softly. Only through twin bonds and soul bonds are secrets easily hidden. Feeling his sudden amusement, she mentally raises an eyebrow but says nothing. Theo starts to send something, but something catches her attention-breaking her connection. There was something over there.

A drop of water touches down on her head-rain. Drizzling at first yet it begins to pour.

?Perfect,? Karina says, her voice dripping with sarcasm.

Behind

?Wha?? Karina drops into a crouch, senses on full alert. A fleeting sense brushes by her, but she searches it out again.

right

//Thanks// she whispers to the Force and the Power beyond. Karina enters the maze, mouth pressed into a line and eyes narrowed, and cautiously moves in deeper.

he?s right behind you

I know Karina dives forward and flips over her would-be attacker, who easily moves into the maze. As the sounds of their meeting fades, all that can be heard is the roaring of the downpour. Her hair, in it?s many braids, is plastered to her head, her bangs to her face. Mud, grass, and plants swirl at her feet, and she frowns at the silhouette in front of her. She steps onto the stone path, which is already wet, but thanks to superior Kolistian technology, not slippery.

?It is perfect.?

?To whom?? Karina counters, her eyes focused on him-but her senses are not. Throwing herself back into a bush, another figure in black goes flying into the mud.

Head first.

Stifling her reaction, Karina raises an eyebrow but otherwise remains emotionless. Though, on the inside, she doubling over with laughter. The figure pulls itself out, covered in mud, and has flowers and blades of grass stuck out of his head and turns to look at her.

An this is a garden, as
  17. Tahi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Excellent - it's abit like the talking trees in Two Towers. I like the idea of Nature as a force with a will. Reminds me also of the scene near the end of TCoPL where Luke is saved by the tiny plants and insects. Good addition.
  18. Moff_D Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Now, who are these people again? :p
  19. Jedi_of_Twilight Jedi Master

star 3
    UPPERS

Tahi yea those two incidents helped inspire this part & more is on the way. Thanks you!
    Moff_D Bite me :D

Love ya,

~*Amilight
  20. Moff_D Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  21. Tahi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Actually, I'm surprised the writers didn't use the Jedi empathy with Nature more often. The Solo kids used it in The Crystal Star, and Valin does in Conquest. I reckon you could have a lot of fun with that skill if you were a Jedi. Of course Jacen uses it in SbS.
  22. Jedi_of_Twilight Jedi Master

star 3
    Tahi & [/b]Moff_D[/b]!!!! You make writing rewarding!!! Really! 8-}

Tahi it's used rather randomly isn't it? Luke used empathy etc. even in classic comic books/strips. You'd think it'd be more common. Oh well :D

Here's your next post as promised :D

Enjoy...

Chapter 14

Face to face, Theo stares into the eyes of the Sith in front of him. They are dark, black eyes full of pain, anger, despair, and confusion. They face each other gasping and frowning, but Theo has an idea to get himself out of the stalemate. The Sith seems to have plans as well, and Theo knows whatever they are they are not going to be particularly to his benefit-on second thought-very against his benefit.

Swallowing hard, Theo prepares to flip himself away, but the Sith does not move a muscle. Black eyes and red hair, the roughen-by the dark side-young face of the Sith looks almost calm-full of twisted confidence. The young man grins at Theo and dives at him with lightsaber raised. Though, when the Sith lands, Theo is already gone-flying over the Sith and touching down in a spin to face the Sith.

The Sith glares at the Jedi king, who grins with an expression that says ?what?? Snarling, the Sith turns around and slowly comes at Theo. His power bubbling-teeming with angry hate and bitter pain-and ready to attack. Eyebrows raising, Theo stares uneasily at the Sith gathering powers of darkness.

//I just had to make him mad, didn?t I?//

Taking an involuntary steps backwards, Theo amends his reaction by dropping back into a combat stance. A lightsaber held in each hand, Theo watches the Sith and waits for the Sith to make a mistake. The Sith, though, is determined not to give Theo any opportunities for escape or fighting advantages. The darksider holds his lightsaber before igniting the crimson/black blade, and the Sith smiles maliciously.

Raising one of his eyebrows, Theo steps forward with both of his lightsabers deactivated. The Sith could not resist the urge to attack Theo and brings his blade to bear. The Jedi king simply dodges the blade and swings his suddenly ignited lightsabers chest high.

The Sith spins away and slashes at Theo, who ducks, distinguishes his lightsabers, rolls, and bounces up from his right hand and ankle. The Sith cuts into the floor where Theo was before a spinning flip over the Sith?s head.

Whipping back to his attacker, Theo flips one lightsaber up his left sleeve into a holster and ignites the lightsaber in his right hand. Not even breathing hardly, the Jedi king smiles calmly to the snarling Sith, who glares darkly at him. Slight worried befalls Theo, though, when the Sith unexpectedly grins wickedly.

Feeling Sith coming up behind him, Theo now knows he is in deep trouble. Risking a glance behind himself, Theo see and feels eleven Sith behind him. Theo bites his lip in worry, but narrows his eyes and glares at the Sith in front of him. The young man had been gradually approaching Theo, while he had been distracted by the other Sith who are now almost upon them.

Holding his green/gold blade up, Theo ignites the other and holds it out behind. Turning, Theo backs up a foot from the side wall, and has his right blade to the first Sith and the left to the eleven now twenty feet and closing.

?Taking your time getting here? See?in the sights, etc?? Theo murmurs mockingly, with a forced grin. The cloaked and hooded figures draw ever closer but say nothing. Theo holds out his blades warningly, eyes narrowed and jaw clenched in determination. Fear claws at him, but Theo ignores it and opens himself up to the light side of the Force. Feeling the power flowing through him, Theo is a little more at ease.

He can find a way out. There is a way out of this mess. But can he find it in time?

He swallows again, upset at himself for being afraid. The Sith are now boxing him against the wall, but Theo cannot force them backwards. Eyes glowing with power, Theo frantically tries t
  23. Tahi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yes - I like the parallels and contrasts - you get this feeling of over-all balance. Theo vs Sith, and Karina vs Sith. Theo in trouble, and Karina victorious. Also the Sith laughing in one scene, and Karina laughing in the other. I like the Sith covered in fertiliser :D
  24. Jedi_of_Twilight Jedi Master

star 3
    :D

Tahi Thanks! :)

I'm glad you see the balance & the confrontations so clearly. Yay, someone gets what i'm talking about!! 8-}

More will be coming!!!

~I like the Sith covered in fertilizer, too. The other Sith must be keeping a good distance from him!! ;)

~*Amilight
  25. Jedi_of_Twilight Jedi Master

star 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.