main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Shots in the Dark (pre-NJO...Luke, Anakin Solo, OC) UPDATED 6-26-06 R&R!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi_of_Twilight, Sep 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Almost two months now. That next update is going to be so good. ;)

2. Jedi_of_Twilight

Jedi_of_Twilight Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2002
    *sighes wearily*

Oh!

Yes, it will be interesting to say the least.

I apologize for the wait, of course in a week or two the school system may decide we can have our Easter/Spring Break.

There'll be at least two posts, there.

It's rather late and I'm still reasearch for a presentation on monday...what's up with me and starting to wait until the last moment, you say?

Sad part is I have been trying...I have written most of this post and half of Angel's Plight.

I will get them up so don't lose faith, 'k?

UPPERS & Thanks, Moffy

~Amilight

3. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    You're welcome. :)

Lose faith? Never.
    Well, ok, maybe a little :p

4. Tahiri

Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
  5. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
  6. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Whoops. A day late.
    She keeps promising...one of these days we'll be shocked. ;)

7. Jedi_of_Twilight

Aug 30, 2002
    Thanks everyone for upping. [face_blush] :D

It'll be up later today,

~Amilight

8. Jedi_of_Twilight

Aug 30, 2002
    Here's the new update as promised.

Hope you enjoy it :D

Chapter 16

Outer Palace count yard, Kolise`, Kolistian Sector

Watching the Sith fall down into the wet ground, Karina floats them towards a flat stone platform a few inches off the ground. She uses a technique to put them into a Force-slumber, and then she frowns in thought.

Turning away, the Jedi queen senses her husband?s plight. Her eyes show slight apprehension, but a grin crosses her face suddenly. Running back towards the palace, she then realizes with shock on how far out she had led the Sith. Warnings flow through the Force, flash repeatedly in her mind, and she knows she must face them. She races to a stone courtyard with grasses, plants, and benches. The large area would be perfect for battle.

She sends messages to the other Jedi about the situations at hand, but focuses her mind on the dark ones coming towards her. They will learn their mistaken very soon, though. Never fight on some one else?s tuft. These Sith dared to come to her sector, home planet, and even to her very home. Soon, very soon they?ll see their position here is going to become a quite a?unpleasant one.

Karina grins wickedly, her eyes wildly reflecting anticipation. Though pacifists don?t normal think this way, she was the second heir before her brother?s and family?s murder by the Empire?s Jedi purges. Theo?s fate is the same. Second to First. Both, most specifically the second-heir, trained to eliminate threats with the necessary means and morals designated by the circumstances.

Waiting, she knows they will come to her.

Main Palace, Kolise`, Kolistian Sector

Coming closer to him, the Sith grin maliciously with triumph expressions. Eyes narrowed with unrelenting determination, Theo lifts his chin up in defiance. A Sith woman hisses, her face disguised by her hood,
    ?You cannot escape, Your Highness.?

?Wanna bet, lost ones?? Theo calmly says back, before pressing his lips into a fine line.
    ?Do you want to die?? another asks Theo, as he draws nearer to the Jedi king. Theo gives him a look at the obvious question and its predicable answer. ?You have a choice. Decide.?

?Could you repeat the question?? Theo mocks them, as he looks for a way out. The Sith growl in response and Theo watches them closely.

?Sorry, I do not have a decision at this time. Ask me, later!? Theo finally says after a unnerving moment of silence, continuing to search for a way out-eyes and senses capturing every detail.

?We?ll take you alive, for now.?

?Thanks. That makes me feel so much better.?

?Now, just relax. We won?t hurt you that much,? another male says darkly, while the others ignore his smart-mouthed comment. The Sith smile and draw ever closer?

//Great. Now they?re actually trying to use a scare tactic on me. A very lame one too. I?m insulted.//

One smiles at him, reaching out. Theo recoils, pressing into the unyielding, marble stone wall.

?NO! Get away from me!!!?

?It seems you will not go so easily,? the Sith says with disturbing glee.

//When did you figure that one out? Wait?why don?t I like the sound of that?! Oh, this is not going to be fun.//

Pressing even harder into the wall, Theo feels uncontrollable fear clawing at him.

Karina! I?m having some technical difficulty here!!!

Solo apartment, Coruscant

Running out of his room, Anakin moves towards the balcony where he senses his father has a hostile grip on his mother and uncle.
    ?What the-??

Looking over towards his older siblings, he hears, sees, and senses their impending argument and glares at them. How could they be fighting at a time like this? Have they no idea what is happening? No clue at all for what is going on?

Yes, sometimes Jacen is dense and Jaina absorbed into some new hobbie. But come on.

Who can be this clueless? Suddenly unaware of what they just faced. Of

9. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Comments as I read:

Present tense..ooo, tough to do.

?Could you repeat the question?? Theo mocks them,
    Safety tip: don't mock sith :p

Yes, sometimes Jacen is dense and Jaina absorbed into some new hobbie.
    [face_laugh]

Oooo, Han getting all freaky...

Interesting stuff overall Twilight. You can bring a certain spookiness to your story (that's a compliment ;) . Also, you have a unique style, I hope we don't have to wait so long for another chapter. :)

10. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Han is possessed by a Sith? Interesting.

11. Jedi_of_Twilight

Aug 30, 2002
    UUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!

12. Jedi_of_Twilight

Aug 30, 2002
    UP TO THE TOP!!!

The next post will be coming soon...writing it now!

~*Amilight

13. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Fascinating parallels Twilight. I love the bit where Han is possessed. Moff's right - you have a knack for creating really eerie scenes. Great post :)

Very good to see Anakin. You wrote the Solo kids very well.

14. Jedi_of_Twilight

Aug 30, 2002
    Tahi!!!! Thanks [face_blush] Nice to see you!!! The next post is coming soon.

OH MY GOD!!! Look at my post!!! I actually got EDITED!!!! [face_shocked] [face_blush] [face_blush]

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! That's the first time that's ever happened to me!!! [face_shocked] Yikes!! [face_shocked]
    :_| :( :confused: [face_blush]

~I'd better watch out...sorry...sorry. It's just what came to mind!!! :_|

*looks fearful and ashamed*

Well, at least I know that the moderator is reading my posts, huh?

~goodnight, good morning...whatever. 8-}

~*~
    Amilight

15. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    I knew that wouldn't make it. Didn't I say that? :p

16. Jedi_of_Twilight

Aug 30, 2002
    If you ever come to say 'I told you so' in anyway possible again...I'm going to...

*shakes fist threateningly in Moffy's face*

...I'm going to get you. :mad: [face_devil]

Got it?! 8-}

~Okay, next post will be done by today probably posted this evening or tommorrow morning. Bye peoples...

~*
    Amilight

17. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Ok, whatever you say Ami.

[face_mischief]

I did tell you so....mething about that though, but I won't point that out now. ;)
    Or maybe I should just let you do whatever you want to me. :D

18. Jedi_of_Twilight

Aug 30, 2002
    Do whatever I want to do with you?

Are you sure you want to go there, my dear Moffy? [face_devil]

OKAY!!!

Here's the next post!!! I hope you like it!!! It took me three hours to write this update and the one for Angel's Plight!!!

And here we go...

Chapter 17

Balcony, Solo Apartment, Coruscant

The Jedi and non Jedi watch Han closely, circling around him, hoping they can destroy the-bonds of darkness?-curse the Sith have brought upon him.

?I said ?What is wrong with me?? !!!!? Han cries looking at the others. Leia and Luke tell him to calm down and relax so they and the others can purify him. They cannot help him if he works against them.

?Fight with us, Han!!! Concentrate on us-completely and utterly!!!? Luke cries, half closing his eyes to better focus on the darkness around Han. There is?a presence? Of what? Something planted in his mind?!

That explains it, doesn?t it?

It is strange, this curse upon Han. There is no other word that can describe what the Jedi are feeling. The effects upon Han are urges, possessive type symptoms?but he is now perfectly in control.

What the-?

How can the Jedi heal something that exists, but at the same time doesn?t exist?!

Outer Palace Courtyard, Kolise, Kolistian Sector

Blinking water out of her eyes, Karina brushes her blue bands back and shakes her long black braids which are slowly unraveling. The Sith are surrounding her and she can feel them gathering their evil power.

So they think they can destroy her, eh? The possibility of this Jedi master losing her battle is nonexistent-unimaginable and beyond impossible. Though, she cannot be overconfident or she will be defeated and most likely dead as well.

//Oh, there?s a happy thought. Okay, I can beat them?I just need to concentrate?//

Moving stealthy in the pouring rain, Karina slips between the wide spread circle of Sith and smiles at the Sith?s amazement. It seems they have noticed she has change position, though they cannot sense her very well.

It seems?? It better be more than that or the Jedi queen is treading dangerous waters. A thought, memory softly speaks in her mind?a voice from long ago?

Never assume anything. It can lead to your undoing?

//Yi`?yi`. Li` rembr, Papi. // (Yes?yes. I remember, father.)

She looks to her right, feeling a male human Sith coming towards her. Through the rain she can see the man as a black shadow?she wonders how he sees her. What is she besides a bright light in the Force?

Probably invisible to these easily blinded Sith?they definitely cannot work in such conditions. Not so strange since Kolise only has random storms this bad.

The Jedi queen looks down at her feet where a flood of water a reached her knees. She is now having the fight the water as well. Luckily, she had sent the other Sith up to higher levels of the garden or they?d be in deep trouble and she would be the cause of it.

Not exactly the best pacifistic way to defeat the enemy?Kolistians know better than that.

Karina sighs softly, her eyes roaming her surrounds searching for the enemy hidden in the rain. Senses on full alert, the Jedi queen relies on her danger warnings and hopes for the best. Besides having skill and wisdom, having faith, but not overconfidence, is the key to a successful battle. The young Jedi master is well aware of her ability to fight all of the Sith at once.

Using her twin lightsabers will help her protect her physical form with her Force sensitivity protecting her inner being. She just wishes that her husband could be able to use his skills in these areas to defend himself. The Sith he is facing are of a different standard than the pathetic ones in front of her. They are not even in the same league as the Sith she faced inside the main palace.

//Come you slimy snakes. Your venom is weak and I?m tired of waiting, but you are probably impatient. So wha

19. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Almost?
    Whaddya mean almost? :mad:

Unique as usual, Twi. (That's a good thing) That Karina is a tough broad but poor Theo... ;)
    And those Sith don't give up either! You'd think they would all be dead by now. :D

20. Jedi_of_Twilight

Aug 30, 2002
    oh poor, poor Moffy,

whatever made you think I wouldn't end in a cliffhanger? 8-}

& Thanks! :)

Another post will be up soon, peoples!!!

~*Amilight

21. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Oh my goodness - I hope Karina wil be okay. Can Theo tap into her mind and mind meld with her? I suppose he's a bit busy at the moment!
    Having trouble with adjectives, eh? Oh, that is sad. Please be a better fighter. Challenges will help me deal easier with your kind.// I like that bit - great sardonic humour.

Very exciting post - good ending too. :)

22. Jedi_of_Twilight

Aug 30, 2002
    Tahi Thanks!!! & it's nice to see you!!!

Oh, all of you should worry more about Theo. Karina's wacked but she's just unconscious. Theo, on the other hand, is going to be in a rather unpleasant situation.

Worse than the one he is presently in. My poor boy...

Heh...heh...heh... [face_devil]

Thanks for keeping this alive!!!

UUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!

~*Amilight

23. Jedi_of_Twilight

Aug 30, 2002
    UUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More coming soon, I promise!!!

~*Amilight

24. Jedi_of_Twilight

Aug 30, 2002
    UP!

Got half of the next post written! :D

Please keep up...

~Amilight

25. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Looking forward to the next bit Twilight :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.