main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Shots in the Dark (pre-NJO...Luke, Anakin Solo, OC) UPDATED 6-26-06 R&R!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi_of_Twilight, Sep 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Ups-a-doodle. :p

2. Jedi_of_Twilight

Jedi_of_Twilight Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2002
    Thanks, Moffy!!!! :D ;) 8-}
    Tahi!!! :D
    Jade Come back!!!!! :_| 8-}

THANKS ALL and just for you here's the update!!!

Chapter 18

Balcony, Solo Apartment, Coruscant

A bright light engulfs the Jedi surrounding Han, as the lightsiders search for the ailment and cure of the curse that is trying desperately to control Han. They must act quickly or who knows what will become of him. He?s semi-force sensitive-whether he?d like to admit or not-and it will be dangerous for him and his friends if he is controlled by darkness.

<What will we do if we can?t stop the process?> Leia?s voice whispers in Luke?s mind, as she completely focuses on her twin to make sure their bond is perfect and impenetrable . He locks eyes with and replies through their secret bond,
    <I don?t know exactly.>
    <Exactly?!>
    <Look at his body then at his soul> Luke answers his eyes losing focus once more. Cilgal is doing her best to stop the ailment but Luke and Leia are the main keys to help Han achieve success and kick the darkness away. Leia does what Luke wanted and gasps with shocked. Luckily she did it mentally or the others would probably die of horror and surprise. Scaring people is not a good thing-especially for Jedi.

<You see?>
    <What is it?> Leia says watching a darkness surrounding Han but cannot reach inside. He is in the clear if they can break whatever the Sith left behind. The black swirl actually is a mental command-enforced by the dark side-but the Jedi must blast it as one to completely erase all trace of it.

If they miss even one single strand?well to be blunt it would be disastrous and could lead to Han death and Luke and Leia?s imprisonment.

Imprisonment?too kind a word for what awaits them in the Sith?s hands. Definitely not a pleasant thought.

The bright white light surrounding the Jedi intensified.
    <LUKE!>
    <I see it!>

Everyone focus around his mind and spirit connection!!!!

?Gotcha!? The Jedi yell as one, but yelp in surprise as the Force waves of power whips around them. It goes into the middle around Han-sucking inwards-before blasting out and knocking all the Jedi head over heels. They all hit the walls or ram into the balcony, feeling like their entire bodies have been smashed into pancakes. They all scream in shock. The feeling diminishes, and the Jedi all fall motionless onto the balcony.

Getting up, Leia stares at Han who lays motionless on the floor.
    ?Han!? Leia yells, kneeling beside him. Luke joins her with the other Jedi surrounding him. Han moans, and he sits up. The Jedi grin simultaneously and Leia hugs him with Luke gripping onto both of them. All of them begin laughing as Han?s first words come tumbling out of his mouth,

?Mumbo-jumbo hocus pocus?don?t believe, but for something that hurts this much I?m starting to.?

?Glad to know you?re okay, Han,? Corran says with a big grin. Han looks up at him from his position on the floor. His familiar lop-sided smile graces his lips as he quips,

?So am I.?

Main Palace, Kolise, Kolistian Sector

Swallowing hard, Theo ignores the overconfident comment of the annoying and disturbingly close Sith. He sees the way out-through a secret panel that can be accessible. He didn?t think it is possible for him to suddenly realize that he can actually access something that was blocked and unusable three days ago.

//Take your blessings when you can. This ain?t going to be easy. Of course when will it ever easy?//

?Your Highness??

?Oh, shut up already. Do you truly believe I will simply hand myself over to you? Sorry, I happen to have a little self-preservation. I know how much a shock this is to you, so I?ll be going,? Theo says gaining their attention but angering them. The Sith may be fueled by anger, but anger and annoyance are weaknesses. They will be blinded and Theo must take the opportunity to escape or he?s?he?s in very deep trouble to say the l

3. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Ooo, some cute movie references in there. ;)

The shorter post doesn't bother me. it's easier to concentrate and keep things more in focus. How did you find writing a shorter post? Or making it shorter, whatever you did.

4. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    To quote Yoda - size matters not. ;)

I enjoyed the Jedi working together to save Han. Togetherness is important.

Theo is very resourceful and most important still has his sense of humour.
    ?Time to leave this party,? I loved that bit. :)

5. Jedi_of_Twilight

Aug 30, 2002
    Tahi Thanks! [face_blush] 8-}

I'm glad all of you peoples are enjoying the story so far. I've been a bit busy and will be more so when I start working. So I'm going to get at least two short posts up as soon as possible.

Sorry for the delay. :_|

~*Amilight

6. Jedi_of_Twilight

Aug 30, 2002
    UPPERS!!!!!!!!

Next post coming soon0probably tomorroe unless my muse decides to hit me over the head! 8-}

Thanks for waiting

~*Amilight

7. shadesaw

shadesaw Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2003
    Great story. Check out mine in the saga forum. :)

8. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Uppers :)

9. Jedi_of_Twilight

Aug 30, 2002
    Okay, I have the updates for Watashi Wa Kigen Ga Warui & Shots in the Dark. Once I finish the update to Angel's Plight, I'll post all three at the same time. :D

I'm almost finished, so this lovely thread will be updated this afternoon.

Thanks for reading & I'm GRADUATING this coming Tuesday!!!! [face_shocked]

~Amilight

10. Jedi_of_Twilight

Aug 30, 2002
    okay, after many mishaps since my computer sucks, here's the update for this thread of mine.

Thanks for reading & replying everyone! :D

Chapter 19

Solo Apartment, Coruscant

Jumping to his feet, Anakin?s eyes widen upon feeling the tension and horrification radiating from those outside. Suddenly, he and his twin siblings are blasted back, airborne for a few long moments, and Anakin is slammed into the floor. Jaina is flung into the kitchen, landing hard on the table before bouncing off, and lays there with a moan, while Jacen meets a wall and lays lifeless on the floor.

//What?s with my siblings and getting themselves kayoed?!// Anakin thinks with a sigh, as he pushes himself off the floor and regains his feet. Surprisingly, Anakin feels overwhelming joy coming from outside, and a little annoyed for being left out, Anakin scowls before looking slightly confused. Shrugging, he thinks to himself //What has been going on out there? Besides how am I to help the ?Twins of Skywalker? if I?m here and they?re outside? And to top it all off, I have a bad feeling about this//

?Oh, this is going to get really, really complicated.?

Inner Palace Secret Passages, Main Palace, Kolise, Kolistian Sector

Rushing down a deserted hallway, one of three young Jedi Knights holds the limp, drenched body of a young Jedi Master. Her blue banged, black hair glistens with the shininess of the water soaking her body and skin. Most likely the only part dry is her legs from knee down, protected by her long black, soft-heeled boots. The young Jedi feel the sickening darkness all around them, and shiver in response. Through the Force, it seems a reeking, rotting presence to all within this area. The dark side is power and death, nothing more nothing less. The Sith are deceived and are completely evil.

Evil.

Such a blunt, bold word, yet it describes the enemy. How much darkness within the Force is reflected among the realm of the living? A question that cannot be answered. Not yet, anyway.

The three Jedi Knights and the Jedi Master are almost to safety among thirty-five other Jedi, masters among them. Only one is missing, and the Jedi king wishes he is not that MIA Jedi.

The Jedi queen, lying in the arms of one of the Jedi, a young man, moans and the young Jedis look at each other in worry and apprehension. They quickly go in and out of secret passage ways, within the walls, hitting panels on the walls, pressing candle stick holders, and certain steps that react to a person?s weight and password. (A little problem if they gain or lose weight, hmm?)

//Something feels wrong// the female Jedi whispers through the Force to her male counterparts. One nods, the other holds Karina?s body tighter to himself and frowns with worry. His light green eyes are trouble and have a haunted look. The other two exchange glances, as the group of Jedi deftly run down the dark, dimly lighted passage way through the palace walls. One more passageway to go and they?ll be with the other Jedi.

Karina?s eyes flicker, when the young Jedis whisper to each other about the feeling s of darkness and how they should avoid the Sith. Within the unconscious Jedi master?s mind, she sees the danger everyone faced, faces, or WILL face. Past?present?future.

Lightsabers crossing, Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker battle before the Sith emperor who laughs with wicked glee?Darth Vader, dark suit and helmet and all, lays near the railing of the core reactor. Breathing heavily, the Dark Lord of the Sith looks at his Jedi son, knowing now that he has twin Jedi children: the boy before him and a girl he cannot sense just yet.

His small, blond haired and blue eyed boy holds his lightsaber at ready position with a fury of power trying to flicker in his eyes. The emperor comes through the darkness laughing and claps softly saying, ?Good?take your father?s place at my side??

With realization, Luke stares at his father?s stump of a mechan

11. Jedi_of_Twilight

Aug 30, 2002
    Oh, my God...this is one crazy double-post! Why didn't anyone tell me?!

12. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Yes I did. ;)

Good stuff Twilight. I really liked the bit cribbed from ROTJ, the struggle in Anakin/Darth's mind. Excellent. :D

You're building a good bit of mystery and tension here. What exactly is going on? Hmmmm? ;)

13. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Congratulations Twilight :)

I'm slowly catching up with all my favourite stories. I'll post comments when I've read your latest posts.

14. Jedi_of_Twilight

Aug 30, 2002
    You want to know what's going on?

C'mon, Moffy, you know me better than that! You'll see, you'll see. It's funny the only one who has any idea where this is going is Tahiri & I'm changing bits on her! (I think I told you this was based on a story I made up as we were looking around for Star Wars things...)

Tahi, WELCOME BACK!!! You even beat me and it's my story [face_blush]

Okay....
    UPPERS!!!!!

Post today/tomorrow

~Amilight

15. Jedi_of_Twilight

Aug 30, 2002
    Alrighty, like I promised here's the post...

Chapter 20

Balcony, Solo Apartment, Coruscant

Gasping, the Jedi group begins to gain back the strength they had lost when healing Han. Surrounding Han, Luke, Leia, and Corran exchange wary glances, as the others simply smile then remark darkly among themselves of what has occurred in the last half hour.

Leia, Luke, and Corran grin widely at Han and pull him to his feet. Leia looks into Han?s eyes and whispers,
    ?It?s time we go inside. I feel??
    ?That Anakin, Jaina, and Jacen have also felt the affects of that healing?? Luke breaks off not knowing how to describe that powerful, purifying white energy blast.
    ??anti-black process?? Corran finishes. The other three look at him, Leia and Luke roll their eyes and Han just stares. With a wave of a hand, the foursome crosses the threshold and into the apartment. Standing there to greet them is Anakin who smiles at them then frowns over his shoulder at his siblings.

Leia raises an eyebrow,
    ?What happened??
    ?I?um?? Anakin trying to find the exact words to describe what happened.
    ?They were affected by the blast, sister,? Luke says with a grin, knowing that he was right all along. Anakin smiles at his uncle, thinking that Luke must have already known of the?situation inside.

//Uncle Luke probably also knew of the stupid argument as well since Mom was too focused on Dad. Uncle seems to be able to split his concentration for only a moment, though. I wonder?what happened? No. What happened to Dad?//

Before he can open his mouth, Luke, Leia, and Corran motion him to silence. Winter says to everyone,
    ?We must prepare right now for the Sith-!?
    ?But they won?t come back. We?ll be ready for them,? Jacen says from his position on the floor.
    ?Quiet, we have no time to waste!!? Corran says looking at the others. ?They are coming for us no matter what. We cannot just sit here thinking. We must to protect ourselves!?

?Yes?? Luke and Leia say together. Everyone looks to them in surprise. Luke says quietly,
    ?The Sith are attacking everywhere.?
    ?We have no time, they are coming again to us and the strong holds of the Jedi,? Leia adds with Luke saying right after her,
    ?They have already attacked the Kolistian Sector.?

?We feel Karina and Theo, now that we are free to do so,? Leia says. Luke whispers,
    ?Theo is in trouble. There is many Sith chasing after him??
    ?And Karina is unconscious,? Leia says oddly. ? Her mind feels??
    ?It feels strange,? Luke finishes. ?As if her visions are touching everything.?

?EVERYTHING?!? the others, including Anakin, yell.

?All time periods! The past, present, and future! All colors, images, feelings, and pain!? Luke and Leia shout as one. ?The Sith are coming and everyone there is in danger! We must find the stronghold of the Sith before it is too late!!! THEY?RE COMING! THEY?RE COMING!!!?

Silence ensues as the Jedi twins of Skywalker stop screaming, but the two Jedi instantly collapse motionlessly onto the floor

I'm sorry it's short...I have time to add very soon, don't worry. Now is just...odd.

16. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    [face_shocked] Hey! That's a bit of a cliffie! ;)

In other words, what happens next? Merging of plots and all that...it's getting exciting. Ready when you are... :D

17. shadesaw

shadesaw Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2003
    UPPPPPPP!!!!!!

18. Jedi_of_Twilight

Aug 30, 2002
    Thanks, guys!!!

Moffy It is getting interesting, isn't it? Heh...heh...

Shadesaw Thank you! :)

~~~More on the way!!!!!

~*Amilight

19. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Whew! Finally got here. I loved that exploration of Vader's mind as he saves Luke.

Ah, all the parallels are superimposing. Fascinating. I like the way you wrote Anakin's wry humour. I hope Theo's going to be okay - I like him. Exciting ending. :)

20. Jedi_of_Twilight

Aug 30, 2002
    Tahi Thanks! & I'm sure Theo likes you too for saying that! 8-}

I'm working on them, should be upped soon! Just need to get off the boards first though! ;)

Saw Pirates of the Caribbean yesterday...AWESOME, MAGNIFICENT movie! Orlando Bloom is hot, Johnny Depp was funny, and the girl I reconized from a silly princess of thieves movie (daughter of robin hood).

Okay, gotta go!

~*Amilight

21. Jedi_of_Twilight

Aug 30, 2002
    Okay, peoples,

Coming tomorrow...

~*Amilight

(would be earlier but I work later today)

22. Jedi_of_Twilight

Aug 30, 2002
    Okay, as promised...Here's the next installment!!! Please R&R!!!

Chapter 21

Main Palace, Kolise, Kolistian Sector

Running down another hallway within the palace, Theo feels himself actually tiring. Of course, he has been running the entire day away without eating as well. He needs food and water?even the Force cannot stop the natural functions of the body. Only the Force is keeping his vision from blurring and soon it?s power will be useless. He must get something to eat before he passes out.

Let?s NOT make it easy for them.

Skidding by another identically furnished hallway, with beautiful velvet carpet and marble statues and pictures and windows, Theo makes his way to the fifth floor kitchen. Since he?s been trapped by the Sith, limiting him to this level of the palace, he might as well make the best of it.

The Jedi king slips into the kitchen and slowly makes his way towards the fridges, dispensers, and all sorts of food. Abandon by the presence of the Sith, the every bit of emptiness in this great kitchen is nagging on Theo?s mind. There is Sith very close by and he is in plain sight.

Reaching for a roll, which was freshly made, probably for lunch, Theo grabs a glass of OrANGE Li?Quid. Hearing the loud footsteps of the Sith near him, Theo ducks underneath on of the counters, quickly shoving food and drink into his mouth. As he finishes swallowing, the creaking of the main doors alerts Theo. Theo immediately puts both hands over his mouth and looks around. Searching for anything to deal with the Sith, Theo suddenly has an idea. A smile appears behind his hands, but the Jedi king keeps quiet in the little hiding spot he has forced himself into.

?I know he?s in here somewhere!? growled a male voice. Besides feeling the evil presence, Theo could see the black cloak coming closer to him. Ducking his head into the shadows, Theo sees that the bottom of the table counter is white before turning dark. He pushes his head into the white part of the shadows, so if anyone looked underneath his white blond, red striped hair would blend in.

With his mental shields at full power and his powers blocking his presence in the Force, Theo knew the Sith would have a hard time finding him. Suddenly, to Theo?s dismay, three more Sith join the two all ready in the large kitchen.

//Oh, please don?t find me. This is one of the better ideas of hiding places today. Don?t burst my bubble of accomplishment. Being disappointed would not be good today. Especially if you catch me.//

?We?ll get him! His Highness will not, under no circumstances, escape.?

//Bring it on!//

Instantly, the Sith begin searching the kitchen thoroughly. Theo eyes widen by he doesn?t dare to move cause of his fear that they?ll find him. Eyes narrowing in cold determination, Theo swallows his fear and is ready for whatever the Sith throw at him.

They come closer and closer, and Theo?s eyes go wider and wider. The Sith are going to find him. The Sith are going to find him. The Sith are going to find him?

//SO WHAT?! I will fight back!// Theo mentally yells at himself.

Feeling the overwhelming presence before him, Theo presses himself back and holds his breath. A Sith immediately looks under the counter and reaches out towards Theo. As Theo breath escapes him, he looks at the hand just before him.

Two feet?one foot?six inches?three inches?two inches?one inch?

The fingers are a hairsbreadth from Theo?s throat, and the Jedi king knows that the time to take action is now at hand. The hand begins to go even closer and Theo is sure it will touch him. If it does so, the Sith can easily grab him by the throat and pull him out, and then they have him.

The other Sith are talking amongst themselves, but their voices fade and seem so far away to Theo. The only he hears is the breathing of the Sith and the nearest of his hand.

//Oh not good?//

The fingers reach again and Theo feels the feather touch as the hand brushes against his th

23. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Actually, I like cliffhangers. Not reading them, but writing them. ;) I thought for a moment that Theo would be lucky and they'd miss him. so much for that idea.

24. Jedi_of_Twilight

Aug 30, 2002
    RebelMom Thanks!

Oh, don't give up on Theo yet...he's resourceful! (hopefully or he's in trouble! 8-} )

More is coming up!

~*Amilight

25. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Ha! Nice bit of extended tension Twilight. Just when you think Theo is clear, the fingers circle his throat. Good work. :D

Hmm, when did you start calling Theo the Jedi king? Is that new or have I forgotten something?

Don't leave us hanging too long. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.