main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Should 3PO and R2 open the ST?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Darth_Articulate, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    I've heard from SW virgins who watched the saga for the first time in chronological order saying it was nice to see the droids transition from one tril to the next by starting off the new movie. And it just made me say "oh yeah", because in all my imaginings of the first scene of Ep.7, I never imagined a scene with focusing on the droids, but I guess it makes sense. What do you think?

2. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Depends on what you mean by "open the ST." The first thing we see after the crawl will obviously be an exterior shot of space and the stars, but if you mean first characters, then sure, why not?

3. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    The droids opening would be fine with me, but I think there will be lots of options depending on the storyline.

4. Lord Tuvitor

Lord Tuvitor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 27, 2003
    Sounds good to me.

5. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    I'd expect the droids to be among the first characters introduce in Episode VII, if not the first. But regardless, I'm really looking forward to seeing them together again with all their history and friendship intact, and hopefully more fully integrated into the action (by that I mean scenes and not necessarily fighting, although they should be involved in some of that as well) than they generally were in the PT.

6. Lando's Little Maneuver

Lando's Little Maneuver Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2012
    I'd like to see a lightsaber duel open the ST.
    Maybe not as bombastic, but something like the opening from The Old Republic. Then use that as the vehicle to introduce the new characters,

7. Trask Ulgo

Trask Ulgo Jedi Padawan star 3

Dec 8, 2012
    I'd like to see them as the first characters w already know.

8. Vastor

Vastor Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Relax, george lucas love the droids to death, they will be in every movie.

9. Jedi Master Kenobi

Jedi Master Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Nov 17, 2012
    Perhaps they could be meeting up for the 1st time in years!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Brenapp

Brenapp Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2012
    They've been in all the movies so far; they should be in the ST too.

11. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    I wouldn't mind, depending on what it's about, it'll probably be good to see them.

12. budspencer

budspencer Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 23, 2010
    The droids are gonna be in, First they can outlive their flesh and blood master, second r2 and 3P0 has made a mountain of money for the franchise so it is only logical that they are in. 99.9% sure of it...

13. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    You're right, I should have clarified what I meant by "open the ST". I indeed meant "be featured in the first scene(s)". I've no doubt they'll actually be in the movies

14. JoeyArnold

JoeyArnold Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    Here are my top choices for opening the seventh Star Wars film:

1. Open the next film with a huge lightsaber battle and other madness that puts you on the edge of your feet like a cliff-hanger intro that makes the audience ask, "What the hell is going on? Who is fighting who and why and who is this and who is that?" and a bunch of ahhhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhh like a sex scene but with fighting and mystery and ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Open it with the jedi, like the Phantom Menace did, or with any of the good guys, since both the Phantom menace and the seventh film will open with the feeling that there is no more sith out there. Except, the seventh film cannot completely copy the Phantom Menace, but not that I would care if they did but some people will complain if Palpatine Juniour was trying to take over the universe like his father did.

3. Yes, open it with the droids. If the next film can't open with fighting and action and adventure, or with either the good guys or the bad guys doing something, then have the two droids for sure.

15. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    I think it would be appropriate to have the droids open Episode VII - admist some turmoil - much like ANH.

It would be very Star Wars-like.

16. Corran1138

Corran1138 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 7, 2012
    I would be extremely happy if the droids opened the ST. They are the only characters that need to consistently appear in every film.

17. Felicia

Felicia Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    I would like to see the two droids in the opening sequence of the film. It wold be a great way of paying homage to the two droids. However from some of the things that I have read we may see Threepio first. Hopefully we will get to see Leia do some things too. If what I have been reading is accurate then it is a good possibility that we will.

18. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Okay, I'll bite. What on Earth have you been reading?

19. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    It ain't Star Wars without the Abbot and Costello troop that is R2D2 and C3PO.

20. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    Sure. After all (correct me if I'm wrong), but didn't Lucas say the whole saga is sort of told from the droid's point of view?

21. Jeff Vader

Jeff Vader Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    Seeing the two droids in the middle of a space battle would be a nice bit of rhyming. Maybe Threepio could say something like "Master Luke would have known what to do" causing the audience to wonder what happened to him. That would fit with my idea about Luke being in a self imposed exile, and one of the plots of Ep7 could be a search for him by a new protagonist. Just my own thoughts on what might happen. I'm down with pretty much anything apart from a mass resurrection of everyone we thought was dead in the OT/PT :p

22. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    No. The opening scene will be all-out action that will specifically set up what the conflict is about. I wholeheartedly believe we will be joing the ST already in progress.

One thing I do wonder asbout though is, what kind of condition will 3PO be in?

TPM he was naked
    AOTC he had rusty old coverings
    ROTS he was shiny and new looking
    OT he was dirty and had one silver leg

23. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    What have you been reading and why are you not sharing?

:p

24. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    I doubt he'll get a new look. The only question would be whether he is dirty or shiny, and that probably depends on the state of the galaxy and what Luke and Leia's roles are in it at the time Episode VII begins.

25. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    I was being fecetious. There's nothing they can do with him.