main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Should an Ep I Anakin character card be created for Ep I only gameplay?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by 4Q2, Jun 14, 2001.

?

Should an Ep I Anakin character card be created for Ep I only gameplay?

Poll closed Jun 24, 2001.
  1. Yes. His character is integral to the events in the movie. It's a disservice to not have an Anakin

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. No. It could not be made viable in the overall gaming environment, making it essentially worthless s

6 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. Yes, but for a different reason (give your reasons below).

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No, but for a different reason (give your reasons below).

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I think an Ep I Anakin character card COULD be viable in the overall game environment.

6 vote(s)
    42.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4Q2

4Q2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2001
  2. 4Q2

Apr 6, 2001
    I made my opinion known on the other thread. Suffice it to say, I think a premium Anakin card with gametext restricting him to closed environment play (a-la 2-Player Luke and Vader, Prisoner 2187 or Jabba's Prize) is low-risk, and would be nice to have.

3. BigPoppaJabba

BigPoppaJabba Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    I've made my feelings on this issue pretty clear myself.

4. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    I may be a Moron, but I say make an Anakin that can be in every game. So you have Luke, Vader and Anakin at the same site. Who cares! Or make it where as soon as Ani comes out Vader is lost. or somethin'. I'm the one who voted for the bottom one.

5. pinbstr300

pinbstr300 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2001
    it is definately a good idea to get anakin in, but the real question is how? if they can figure out a way to make the gameplay stable (like he is only deployed if vader not on table and when DS deploys vader he is immediately lost)...the problem is gameplay, and I would rather not see him come into the game and ruin it before all the 'kinks' were worked out. I also agree with Red that a closed enviornment anakin is not a good idea because I have never seen a closed enviornment tournies around me...putting that aside, we have only ever had 2 or 3 regular tournies by my house...just a thought

6. JeffJedi

JeffJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 10, 1999
    I believe he could be in the full game. I just don't believe it would "Utterly destroy the SW:CCG forever".

7. 4Q2

Apr 6, 2001
    Just 4 days left on this poll. Anyone else have an opinion?

8. Gadget

Gadget Jedi Youngling

Jun 20, 2001
    Personally I feel that Decipher should make an Anakin Skywalker card. But they should make it for the DS. Huh? Just listen. They shouldn't make it now since that'd be kinda stupid. Once episode 2 (or 3) comes out they could make a strategy that involved the DS trying to turn Anakin. It could a character controled by the LS, but started at the beginning of the game by the DS. There would be some kind of way to turn him (we'll have to see how he turns in the movies first), and then DS can use him as a Vader persona. Plus some kinda force loss to the opponent. There would obviously be some counter cards for the LS to prevent his crossing so he could be used for the entire game by the LS player.

Just my two cents, which usually don't add up to much.

9. Sifu

Sifu Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 18, 1999
    I think that the only way for the card to be balanced in the overall structure of the game would be to create a light side anakin card along with a darkside objective/epic event which turns him over to the dark side. OR card replacement text on the card itself or on an interrupt (so it includes dealing with the deployment of vader - e.g: if vader is being deployed draw destiny etc..).

I also think that (due to the reasons above) that the card should first be released (along with an appropriate interrupt/objective/epic event) in an expansion set when anakin turns to the darkside so that it doesn't become too powerful a card.

10. 4Q2

Apr 6, 2001
    Poll's over. Thanks everyone who voted!
    :)

Interesting results, IMO....

11. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Who wouldn't wanna see Anakin with a blaster against Darth Vader with a lightsaber?!? I would!!!

12. Red84

Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games) star 4 VIP

Oct 20, 2000
    Does anyone mind if I use some of these arguments in the next issue of SRL? I will be devoting Issue 07's Galactic Senate to the Anakin issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.