Should as Strangers we Meet. . . --a JA fanfic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by HealerLeona, Feb 28, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HealerLeona Jedi Master

star 4
    Alright, I had so much fun posting my first story, An Ancient Lesson, (a little necessary self-promoting) that I couldn't stay away.

This will be a longer story as I've got a number of irons burning in the fire.

Hope you enjoy it and please feel free to reply (hands together--pretty please!).

Obi-Wan could feel victory in his grasp.

He had been locked in battle well over four hours now and could finally sense a touch of weariness in his much older opponent. All he had to do was continue to wear the man down. Time and the stamina of youth was on his side.

With energy to burn the young Jedi somersaulted over the tall man, swinging down with his lightsaber as he passed overhead.

His blue blade clashed with the green of his Master's, frozen in a struggle of power and strength.

Using this leverage he angled his landing far out of reach of the elder Jedi.

Obi-Wan twirled his lightsaber, a glowing arc of blue spread out in front of him as he advanced.

Qui-Gon, ever the serene master, eyed his apprentice appraisingly.

Outwardly the young man appeared calm and controlled. The only sign of physical exertion was the way sweat caused his short hair to stand up in spikes.

Healthy and strong at nineteen, Obi-Wan was well on his way to being the powerful Jedi Knight he was to become.

The Force flowed from the Padawan in waves and with it Qui-Gon could read a combination of emotions that lingered beneath the calm exterior.

Through their bond Qui-Gon wasn't surprised to feel the strong desire that whirled in the boy's mind, spurring him on.

Inwardly, the Jedi Master smiled, though not a hint of it crossed his face. This feeling, this desire of Obi-Wan's had been steadily growing over the last few years and was always strongest during their lightsaber practice.

More than anything Obi-Wan was consumed by the burning passion to defeat his master in swordplay. Even now, his face set with concentrated determination, Qui-Gon could feel the emotions of this ancient rite of passage surging through him.

As he probed Obi-Wan's mind through the Force a vision was suddenly flashed into his own head.

Exhasuted and sweat-soaked Qui-Gon lay flat on the floor, empty handed and helpless. His apprentice stood over him looking down in triumph, a booted foot weighted firmly on his chest, while the blue lightsaber planted a sting kiss to his neck.

A look of things to come. Obi-Wan sent scross the bond after feeling his master's prying fingers in his mind.

An almost imperceptible raise of an eyebrow was the Jedi Master's only response to this bold challenge.

Obi-Wan allowed a small smirk to flit across his face as he strengthened his mental shields blocking his master from his mind.

Attacking with a vengence he engaged Qui-Gon full force. Slahing and jabbing he pushed forward.

Qui-Gon countered each motion with a defensive move born of the Force.

Both combatants continued their graceful and fluid dance. The small cargo hold filled with the essense of the Force and the bitter scent of ozone as the blades met again and again.

They circled each other warily, each vying for an opportunity to expand upon a weakness of the other.

Beep, beep, beep, beep, a soft twilling sounded through the ship. The ship's auto-pilot annoucing they had reached their destination.

Too late the young Jedi realized his mistake. For the briefest of seconds the alarm had caught his attention.

Seizing the moment, Qui-Gon spun around low, sweeping one long leg out in front of him. He connected with his apprentice's legs, knocking them out from under him.

"Argghh..." Obi-Wan blurted, falling heavily to the floor before knowing what hit him.

The air was knocked out of him, replaced by the heavy pressure of his master's rather large foot on his chest.

"Is this what you had in mind, Padawan mine?" Qui-Gon asked, towering over him.

Obi-wan made no response other then a surprised grunt.

"Shall we shorten your Padawan badge then?" the Jedi Knight teased, his lightsaber flirting dangerously close to the long
  2. Jane Jinn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Oh, excellent, excellent! I just love the way Obi-Wan hopes to defeat Qui-Gon, only to have his master turn the tables on him. That picture, of Qui-Gon putting one foot on his chest and threatening his Padawan braid with his light saber, was absolutely paramount! If this is the 'look of things to come', then this story will be one of the best! I can't wait for more!
  3. Young_Sith_Apprentice Jedi Knight

star 1
    Woo Hoo! Go HealerLeona. This story is really cool. The best sentence for me, just has to be:

"Using this leverage he angled his landing far out of the reach of the elder Jedi."

I thought it was hilarious. Reasoning:
    She before posting this, asked me to read it. She has very hard to read cursive( no offense ma, don't ground me), and I couldn't really understand what it was saying, it was like reading another language. And what I got from the reading was this:

"Using the beverage, he angled his landing far into the rear of the elder Jedi."

You should just see her writing! LOL! But anyway, post more!
  4. Maelisaandii Jedi Knight

star 2
    Ooh! More more! Post more!
  5. Mekial Force Ghost

star 1
    Hehe. I see everyone's favorite Padawan is being a bit cocky.

That is why you fail.

Great post! Please give us more!

[This message has been edited by Mekial (edited 02-28-2000).]
  6. Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Master

star 2
    More JA... cool.gif
    It's a good thing.
  7. Jedi Erica Amidala Jedi Master

star 4
    Nice title! Good start! Angst?
  8. Flip A Coin Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey, this JA fanfic is really addictive...it dosent help that its all so good....(not that I'm complaining, mind you ). Now, on with the JA!
  9. Kit' Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Greetings......

Coooooolllll!!!!

Kithera
  10. Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm glad you started posting again so soon after your last story (which was great, btw). I'm officially hooked!
  11. jodiwent Force Ghost

star 4
    oh yhea, more on this one!
  12. Bastet Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah! Another JA story to get addicted to! Goody!
  13. HealerLeona Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks for all the replies, it's so much more than I could ask for.
    Oh, wait, I did ask for replies.(heh, heh)
    Well, anyway shall we go on?

"You did very well" Qui-Gon commented with pride, "your control and technique are outstanding, but be mindful. Overconfidence can blind one to the present."

"Yes, Master, but I saw my victory through the Force." the young jedi responded, perplexed by the outcome.

Together they walked down the cold metal corridors of the small spaceship requistioned by the Council.

"The Unifying Force may grant a glimpse of the future Obi-Wan, but you must remember the future is ever changing." the Jedi Master lectured. "Pay mind to the Living Force so that the future may not suffer."

"Yes, Master." He knew Qui-Gon was right of course. He was constantly being reminded to be mindful of the Living Force. It was just he didn't have the ability or inclination to follow the promptings of the Living Force in the same unswerving manner as his master.

As much as he admired Qui-Gon, he was not even sure he wanted to. Look at all the trouble the elder Jedi managed to get himself into with the Jedi High Council by his single-minded dedication and subsequent defiance.

Even though he knew that Qui-Gon had no real interest in being on the Council (he believed he served the Force better as a Guardian of Peace and Justice), Obi-Wan felt that denying him the chance to decline a seat to be an insult.

Arriving at the cockpit Qui-Gon stepped aside, permitting Obi-Wan to seat himself in the pilot's chair.

"Does the Council believe these rumors of a time machine?" the young Jedi asked, busying himself with the ship's controls.

"That's why we were sent here, to discover their validity." Qui-Gon answered, gazing out the front view port.

A small dot in space loomed directly ahead of them, growing larger with each passing minute.

"Do you believe it possible?" Obi-Wan inquired, sparing a glance behind him.

"There have been beings technologically advance for centuries. Throughout that time there have been individuals who've spent their lives in the creation of such a device." Qui-Gon intoned ominously.

You didn't answer my question Obi-Wan sent, turning his attention back to the control console.

"What I believe is immaterial. If such a thing exists it could be infinitely more dangerous than any weapon ever built. It could completely change the face of the galaxy as we know it."

Qui-Gon had spent a great deal of meditation on the subject since receiving this mission, and for once he was in complete agreement with the Jedi Council's stand on the issue of time travel.

The Galactic Senate had long ago prohibited all scientific research into such endeavors and used the Jedi Order to enforce its decree. If such a device were found it was to be destroyed immediately. The possible consequences of falling into the wrong hands would be catastrophic. This demanded absolute compliance to the law.

"Dolori Tunz coming up Master." Obi-Wan announced.

The small dot, now a multi-colored planet filled the viewport.

An inviting world of blues, greens and browns that seemed to promise hospitality, but looks could be deceiving.

The Tunzi were a suspicious, untrusting people. Not quite xenophobes, they preferred to exist without offworld contact or interference.

It was their leader, Superior Dukka Lute, who pushed for entry into the Republic. He argued with the resisting governing body of the benefits of acceptance into the Republic Senate.

It had taken decades and this was the first official cooperative effort of the Tunzi and Republic representatives and was under tremendous scrutiny.

14. Bastet Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah! Another post! Thank you thank you!
    A time machine? Oooh, this is gonna be good. I can't wait for more!
  15. Jane Jinn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Time machine! That's an original idea! This is going to be so great, I can see it coming already! Good job, HealerLeona!
  16. HealerLeona Jedi Master

star 4
    "Landing coordinates are set." Obi-Wan broke the silence in the cockpit.

The ship vibrated slightly as it traveled throught the planet's upper atmosphere, following the beacon that had been arranged to lead them to their destination.

The Superior had decided in the best interest of his people and the precarious nature of this mission to limit contact with the planet's inhabitants as much as possible.

There were those known who wished nothing more than for this endeavor to not just fail but prove admittance to the Republic a liability for Dolari Tunz, thereby continuing their self-sought isolation in the galaxy.

For this reason Superior Lute had arranged the Jedi to land at a more discreet location outside the capital city of Dolar. It was also a more convienient location, closer to the suspected device he had reasoned. There they would rendezvous with a man who could guide them.

"I'm not receiving acknowledgement on our arrival." Obi-Wan warned. Slowing their descent to the planet, he headed for a forest that lay between two mountains in the distance.

"The Superior stated the nearby mountains were composed of zenite and might disrupt communication." Qui-Gon reminded gently.

Pursing his lips in agitaion, Obi-Wan focused on their landing.

Did his master not feel the disturbance in the Force or was he choosing to ignore it.

Of course I feel it Padawan Qui-Gon silently voiced, but it's indistinct and may have nothing to do with our mission. And yes, I know, you have a bad feeling about this.

How does he do that, Obi-Wan thought as he expertly set the ship down in a clearing near the edge of the forest. How does Qui-Gon always maintain that perfect Jedi composer even when presented with the most dangerous of situations.

Granted the disturbance Obi-Wan felt in the Force was only the slightest of tremors, but it had set his nerves on knife's edge so much so his muscles twitched involuntarily.

"You must calm yourself Padawan." Qui-Gon place a reassuring hand on his apprentice' shoulder, sending soothing energies across the Force.

Obi-Wan felt his master's gift and relaxed slightly.

He debated whether to tell Qui-Gon what he sensed in the Force, but he knew he couldn't quite put it into words, at least not yet. It wasn't a strong feeling, not even one of danger. It was a nagging sense of wrongness.

"Ready?" Qui-Gon inquired, waiting to see if the young man was going to tell him what was on his mind.

"Yes, Master." Obi-Wan walked past the Jedi Master without another word.

Qui-Gon followed him, assuring himself that whatever was troubling his apprentice would be brought to light if important.
  17. The Musical Jedi Force Ghost

star 5
    Woo-Hooo!! New fanfic from HealerLeona!! This has a wonderful beginning. Can't wait for more!
  18. Bastet Jedi Master

star 4
    <And yes, I know, you have a bad feeling about this.>
    Hahahahaha! Thanks for the post! This story is really good. I can't wait to see what happens next!
  19. OldSkippy Jedi Knight

star 1
    You're building this up very nicely (and very slowly <grr> )...I love the way you are depicting Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan's relationship -- just right.
    I'm glad you've started a new story!
  20. HealerLeona Jedi Master

star 4
    Walking off the ship together, Qui-Gon couldn't help but notice that though his Padawan's demeanor was neutral, his cloak was pulled back behind his dangling lightsaber, a hand lightly resting on it.

After a quick survey of their landing site Obi-Wan frowned, "The least our guide could do is meet us at the ship."

Reaching out with the Force, Qui-Gon felt the surrounding forest. The constant thrum of its Living Force resounded steadily through him.

"Over there." he directed, sweeping his arm out to point the way.

At the edge of the clearing a small road cut through the dense foilage, leading out of the forest.

Wordlesslly the Jedi traveled down the road coming upon a speeder car crashed broadside against a large tree. The driver's side was smashed and dented, wet streaks running down it.

Cautiously Master and Padawan approached, lightsabers now in hand.

"Our guide?" Obi-Wan queried at the empty speeder.

"Undoubtedly." Qui-Gon bent down, closely examining the red streaks as Obi-Wan's eye caught sight of a glistening heap further down the road.

"Blood" Qui-Gon announced, "And still fresh." Standing, he began to rummage through the speeders back seat.

"I think I found our guide." Obi-Wan croaked disgustedly from a distance.

Laying on the side of the road was the remains of a Tunzi male. At least Obi-Wan assumed it was male.

The body was horribly mutilated. Deep gaping slashes ran from chest to hip eviscerating the man in frightening detail. Internal organs were pulled and torn from the body and strewn about. Least of all was the absence of a left arm.

"I think I have too." Qui-Gon stated gruffly, retrieving a severed arm from the back seat.

"We'd better get back to the ship and notify the Superior." the young Jedi stated, repulsed by the scene.

Suddenly the Force screamed out danger.

In a blink Qui-Gon had dropped the arm and ignited his lightsaber.

"Obi-Wan" he cried out fearfully, just as a towering shadow broke out of the forest bearing down on his apprentice.

Obi-Wan having also felt the Force had his weapon ready. What he wasn't ready for was the sight of the enormous, snarling monster that crashed out from the trees only meters from him.

The mammoth creature was nearly five feet tall on all fours. A coarse grainy hide covered its wide muscular girth. Its yellow maddened eyes glared at him furiously. A long trunk like appendage hung from the middle of its massive head, swinging wildly as it closed.

With Jedi trained eyes Obi-Wan memorized each and every detail of his foe, including the long, deadly claws protruding from the creature's front paws.

As he raised his lightsaber in defense the monster's trunk shot out at the precise moment it was within range to make contact.

Striking him in the chest with incredibly force, Obi-wan was knocked off his feet, sailing head first into a nearby tree.

Pursuing the object of its rage, the beast roared loudly, barrelling down on the young Jedi.

Crumpled at the foot of the tree after the impact, Obi-Wan tried to will himself up. His head swimming, he tried to gather the Force in an effort to clear the dizzying pain.

Reaching its intended victum the monster rose up on its hind legs, now well over nine feet tall.

Bellowing harshly, its trunk held high, it displayed a large cavernous maw, deep with ragged teeth.

Fighting a losing battle aagainst the darkness trying to claim him, the last thing Obi-Wan saw as his world blackened was the grotesque creature poised to kill him.
  21. Jane Jinn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    What an imagination! I could really see the beast, sort of a cross between a tiger and an elephant! And somebody must have been taking Cliffhanger lessons from Lwyn'nya! Wow! But please don't leave us hanging as long as she does (sometimes)!
  22. Flip A Coin Jedi Knight

star 1
    I hate to say this (please, PLEASE don't kill me), but the cliffhangers *do* make good suspense even better! But, waiting too long dampens the effect, sooo.. (you get the idea)
  23. Young_Sith_Apprentice Jedi Knight

star 1
    All I can say is WHOA! That was absolutly amazing. tongue.gif You have to post more. I want to read more now!
  24. The Musical Jedi Force Ghost

star 5
    AAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!! You can't stop there!!!! Please post more soon!!! eek.gif
  25. Daya Jedi Knight

star 1
    You stop there????!!?!?!
    Are the writers trying to put me through sleep deprivation!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.