main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Should as Strangers we Meet--continuing JA story

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by HealerLeona, May 15, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    Alas, I have to post a new topic in order to finish my thread. To all those familiar with it thanks for coming back. If this story is new to you please click on the address below to where the story starts, you're always welcome back.
    Forum16/HTML/00061.html Forum16/HTML/000061.html

Now on with the story, though I must admit it isn't my best.

In his weakened state Obi-Wan could hardly do more than sit in the chair he had been placed in by the med tech. His mind whirled with concern for Danni, only made worse by his inability to reach her through their
    bond.

Then there was, of course, the question of his host, Xanatos.

Host, he thought. Was that really the term for a person who stuns and kidnaps you, which was in essense exactly what the man had done. He had no idea if the man could be trusted. There was something about him, something he couldn't quite put his finger on.

Part of it was that he couldn't get a read on the man in the Force. Granted, he wasn't the most skilled at using the finer nuances of the Force but almost every living thing registered some type of signature, at the very least identifying it as a living organism.

But when he directed his mind at Xanatos, it was if he was buffeted against an unseen wall. Not mental shields, per sec, something more obscured.

It was like a smooth wall of ice that only allowed his mental probe to slide powerlessly around the man's mind, unable to gain access. Whatever Xanatos was, he had the feel of a Force user.

This only intensified his unease even though the man had shown only the most amiable of intentions.

But Obi-Wan was no fool, he was aware of the deception of appearance, how in the extended hand of friendship could be hidden a lethal blade.

At this thought a sliver of guilt crept into his mind.

Isn't that just what you demonstrated to the Jedi, who had only done no more than uphold his end of your bargain by rescuing Danni?, a faint, indistinct voice asked inside him.

No, Obi-Wan pushed the voice away, not wanting to listen to its errant ramblings. There were reasons for what he's done. The man misled me, he justified.

And all you did was leave him wounded, bound and in the hands of his self-proclaimed worst enemy. the reminding voice piped in again, now sounding suspiciously like Danni's.

Frowning with distaste, he forced the voice shut. He had more pressing matters to consider then the Jedi.

Presently the cabin door opened and Xanatos stood just outside the entrance holding a tray.

"I thought I'd stop by with some tea. I figured there'd be too much on your mind to get any rest." he said pleasantly, not moving.

"May I come in?" he asked after a moment.

"Oh, sorry, of course." Obi-Wan answered, impressed by the man's polite consideration.

"I find this particular blend helps to energize me" he said crossing the room and placing the tray on a table set in front of Obi-Wan, "no chemicals, mind you, strickly a natural blend of herbs."

Pulling another chair in front of the table, Xanatos set about pouring the steaming tea into two mugs.

Reaching across the table, Xanatos offered a mug to his guest.

Dubious of the tea, Obi-Wan hestitated before accepting the tea.

"A slight distrustful?" Xanatos sat back in his chair with his mug, sipping it slowly. "I suppose under the circumstance I would be no different. But let me assure you, Obi-Wan Kenobi, you have nothing to fear from me. Quite the opposite in fact. I believe I may be of considerable benefit to you."

Obi-Wan's eyes narrowed skeptically at Xanatos remark. "And why would the Lord of Telos wish to help the likes of a vagabond gypsy?"

"Ah, suspicion" Xanatos laughed aloud, "a very healthy emotion to have in such an uncertain galaxy, but let me tell you Obi-Wan, we are far more alike than you have any idea."

Obi-Wan cocked a queried eye at the man's statement.

"Let me ask you one question" Xanatos aid, "then I'll reveal why we should perhaps be working together."

Obi-Wan considered the request, then nodded in agreement.

"How is

2. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Yeah!! I found the new thread!! *gasp* Xanatos is so evil!! No Obi-Hottie!! Don't believe him!! Eeeek, he can't turn Obi-Wan!

More, please?

3. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    Bad Xanatos, BAD BAD BAD!!! mad.gif

4. OldSkippy

OldSkippy Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2000
    Goodness this is intreguing! I hope that Danni makes Confused!Obi see the Light. I hope Qui-Gon lives through all this, Real!Obi needs him too, or have you ditched him?

I'm sorry you're getting disheartened with this story...lots of us are finding it well worth reading!!

Thanks

5. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    "Now on with the story, though I admit it isn't my best."

Isn't your best? ISN'T YOUR BEST? Would you please post your best story so that we can compare? Next you're going to tell us that we can order all your books at amazon.com because you are a celebrated, prolific author who's just having a little fun with Qui-Gon here on the side.

This story is great! You're doing an excellent job with Xanatos trying to justify and rationalise his evil deeds, subtly putting the blame on someone else, twisting the facts to serve his own purpose, deceiving Obi-Wan, and hiding his true nature. I'm glad to see that Obi-Wan is suspicious, and I hope he doesn't get caught up in the lies and starts believing them whole-heartedly.

And what's going to happen to Qui-Gon? Please post more soon!

6. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    If this isn't your best... Your best must be awsum.

Don't trust that rat Obi-Wan! In any universe he's a rat!

7. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
    Excellent post H.L., I'm so glad you decided to continue after the 'Thread Freeze' we experienced. I look forward to reading more soon!

BTW, I just posted the continuation of my own "Divided we Fall". Sorry, shameless plug there.

8. Maelisaandii

Maelisaandii Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2000
    Maybe its because I've had Jane Austen on the brain lately, but this Xanatos (when he talks to Obi-Wan) really reminds me of Wickham from "Pride and Prejudice". Conclusion: He's a lying RAT, as someone already said!!
    Wow, if this isn't your best... wow. <g>

9. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Nooo! Obi, don't listen to him! He's e-v-i-l! Now please hurry and post more soon, I love this story!

10. HealerLeona

Jan 18, 2000
    You guys are really far too kind. But keep it up!

And Jane, don't I wish I was more than a working stiff playing with the boys Thank you so very much for the compliments.

Danni lay frozen in place, unable to will herself to move. Encased in darkness, the only sounds around her were the low whirls of machinery and the throb of her own aching head.

The last thing she could remember was being in the cockpit of the shuttle while Obi made to interrogate the Jedi Master, then the huge star ship appeared and Obi was pushing her through the door as it fired on them.

Battling in vain against an invisible blanket that held her down, she was forced to cease her struggles when she felt what little strength she had drain away with her effort.

Pained and weak, her entire body tingled to an aching vibration as though attached to a live wire. On top of that her head resonated with a dull, throbbing pulse, filling it with a tremendous pressure that felt as if her brains were seeping from her ears.

Concentrating of the Force as her mate had taught her, Danni felt panic rise as she reached blindly into the darkness encountering only emptyness around her. There was nothing to grasp on to, no flowing waves of warmth and light permeated the cold blackness and she pulled back in dread.

A wild thought struck her, born of the growing fear that made itself known, invading her thoughts.

Have I died and gone into the Force? Is that why I can't feel it anymore, because I've become part of it?

Obi had told her many times, there was no death, only the Force.

Enveloped in blackness, her mind slowly overcome with the numbing tendrils of fear, her imagination began working in earnest.

Fear turned to terror as her mind pulled out early recollections of stories she was told as a child of the places between life and death, dark places where demons haunted the lost souls who had the misfortune of dying too soon, too suddenly.

Figures swirled in the darkness behind her closed eyes, taking shape of the monstrous beings she had been told about. Footsteps echoed in her ears and a voice, soft and familiar called out to her as the demons formed.

Rational thought disappearing under the weight of countless nightmares, Danni began thrashing and screaming incoherently in her mind to ward off the approaching demons.

Obi-Wan, standing beside her, looking down with concerned affection was blasted both physically and mentally once Lord Xanatos had the energy field turned off.

One moment Danni lay there still and silent, then the next she flailed wildly, screaming piercingly of death and demons.

Grabbing onto her before she fell from the cart he pressed her close to him, holding her arms down to prevent her from hurting him or herself.

"Shhhh, Danni, it's alright" he crooned softly, "I'm here jameela, I'm here."

"I..c..c..couldn't....m..move" she sobbed uncontrollably, "c..couldn't fe..feel you..."

Cradling her against his chest, Obi-Wan rocked her in his arms, sending comforting waves through the Force.

"I know Danni...I know. But I'm here now." he gently told her.

"Th...there were th..things in the d..dark...evil th..things" her body quivered violently with distress.

"No Danni, that was only an illusion of your fear." he assured with calm persuasion.

Looking up at him, double trails of tears running down her face, soaking his shirt, she gazed deeply into his oft changing eyes.

You're safe now, jameela she heard over their bond as he flooded it with love and understanding. I know it was scary, but it's over.

As she accepted the comfort, her sobs became intermittent hiccups and her tears diminished, though her hold on Obi-Wan didn't loosen.

Standing back, watching the heartwarming scene, a look of disgust on his face, Xanatos filed away the valuable information it provided.

There was no greater weakness in the galaxy as that of love and Xanatos silently thanked the dark Force that Obi-Wan's had been so readily delivered to him.

Love was an emotion that could bring out the worst in a perso

11. Jedi Gryph Grin

Sep 25, 1999
    Another great post H.L., the way you handle Xanatos' myriad paths of deception is inspired!

I bet Xanatos kicked his puppy when he was a kid!!

Die, puppykicker, Die!!

Sorry, was that over the top? I can never tell.

Post more soon, please!

12. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    What a jerk! Someone needs to take him down a peg or hundred.

13. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Gryph, are you serious?! Xanatos kicked a puppy?!?! mad.gif
    For that he will ddddiiiieeeee!!!! mad.gif Die die die die die!!!! mad.gif
    Ahem, great post HealerLeona! Xanatos is so evil, it's creepy. Obi had better not believe the @#$%&*! And what's he gonna do to Qui?!
    I eagerly await more. I love this story!

14. LadyJedith

LadyJedith Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2000
    You are absolutely great, Healer Leona! It was a masterpiece. But... I cannot believe the man be SO bad. There's TOO thin difference between good and evil, hate and love. And doesn't it evere exist, the fine line dividing the two sides of the Force?

15. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    So Xanatos knows that this Qui-Gon is not the Qui-Gon whom he killed, and yet he's planning to torment him anyway. Chilling, absolutely chilling! And it gives me the shivers every time I think about how Xanatos now knows that Obi-Wan's weakness is. I liked the way Danni sensed the evil things in the dark. She should trust those instincts! I wonder which way this Obi-Wan is going to go. There's no reason for him to rescue this Qui-Gon, or even want to, and yet he might just feel obliged to help him out of the goodness of his heart, or with a little prompting from Danni. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next!

16. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    Kicked puppies? Geez, even when you think evil has hit rock bottom . . .

Obi-Wan, get your head out of Xanatos's posterior and listen to what Danni's trying to tell you! Don't soothe her and tell her it's all in her head. Grrrrr . . .

More, HealerLeona, what happens to Qui-Gon?

17. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    oh, no! You just have it in for Qui-Gon, don't you HL? That was really touching between Obi and Danni! Hurry and post more, I need to find out what happens to Qui-Gon!!!

18. Celes

Celes Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 1999
    Help! Everytime I try to access the first thread by clicking on the website on the first post, I get a "not found" statement. Is there any other way?????

19. HealerLeona

Jan 18, 2000
    I'm really loving all the response. You guys make me feel so warm.

Celes, welcome. I have no idea what's up with the url I posted. I know it's correct, but I did try typing it in the address bar and I was able to access the first part of my story. Hope that helps and I look forward to seeing you back here. HL

20. padawan feline

padawan feline Jedi Master star 3

May 26, 1999
    OOoh I'm so glad you've started posting again! The way Xanotos is decieving Obi-Dear is awful!! Poor Qui-Gon! Please post more! I want to see what's happened to him!

21. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    I finally found this again and couldn't be happier.

Xanatos must be stopped before he corupts Obi-Baby.

Post soon this is great!!!!

22. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    So long with no post makes me sad

Please post!!!!!!!!

23. Jedi Gryph Grin

Sep 25, 1999
    *walks in whistling idly and looks around in dismay at the lack of story posts*

"YOOO HOOOO?!? HealerLeona, where for art thou?!?"

*sigh* "I gotta go do some cleaning, my trash can overfloweth and my kitchen doth stink."

Please post soon.

24. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    POST!!!!!!!!!!

Kithera

25. HealerLeona

Jan 18, 2000
    I'm really sorry guys. I had something written then thought of a better ending (in my humble opinion) for JA #8 and now have to change what I had written, and it's not flowing as of yet.

I hope to have more in a day or two.

Thnkas for the nudge.

[This message has been edited by HealerLeona (edited 05-26-2000).]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.