main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Should as Strangers we Meet--continuing JA story

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by HealerLeona, May 15, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maelisaandii

Maelisaandii Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2000
    Post soon, HealerLeona! This story is truly paramount.

2. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Please come back and post for us H.L..

PLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

3. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    Third page?!?!? Ungrateful readers, letting it drop this far! How are we suppose to entice HealerLeona into posting if we don't keep the fic up!

4. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Please post.

5. OldSkippy

OldSkippy Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2000
    Take your time Healer Leona, we expect nothing but the best from you -- so nothing but the best will do!

And thanks for keeping us posted (as it were).

And any alternate endings you can think up will be gratefully read -- Jude Watson really needs to get in touch with her readers (or GL needs to get in touch with his fans, not just the junior boys )

[This message has been edited by OldSkippy (edited 05-28-2000).]

6. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    UP!!!!!!!!'

Kithera

7. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    Wow, I never thought I'd feel apprehensive seeing my thread pulled to the top. Eveytime time it was a wave of guilt swept over me. I sorry for taking so long but this next part needed a drastic rewrite after I thought about the upcoming end (at least a part of it).

As always I'm grateful for all the replies, but dang! Talk about pressure. I hope this small posts lives up to expectations.

Xanatos entered the room, a geunuinely pleased smile on his face.

The med tech in charge, bent over the still unconscious figure on the table, cringed at the sight of that smile.

In his many years of service to the Lord of Telos, he had learned to interpret the man's few changing moods and of all the emotions he feared most to see was the one of calm, good cheer. It always signified some dark purpose and ususally included a great deal of pain for some poor suspecting fool who'd managed to incur the Lord's wrath.

Looking down at the still form on the table, the med tech offered a sympathetic thought, quickly followed by silent thanks that he himself was not the object of Xanatos attention.

"Has all been made ready?" Xanatos asked.

"Yes, M'lord. His injuries have been healed." The man remarked, removing the lightweight cover that draped the Jedi's bare, muscular chest. Though a slight, pinkish discoloration remained, the previously blistering wound had all but disappeared.

"Excellent. There should be nothing to distract him from the business at hand." Xanatos declared placidly. "I want there to be no doubt where his misery comes from."

The med tech hurridly looked down, a shiver passing through him at the serene tone of Xanatos statement, as though the man was discussing a simple dinner menu, not the planned torture of an individual.

Moving a small stool beside the table, Xanatos took a seat, bringing him almost eye-level with the Jedi.

"Wake him." he commanded.

Taking a syringe, the med tech reached for the IV line that ran down to the man's antecubital space. Plunging the needle into the auxillary port he slowly injected the counteracting agent that would wake him.

After waiting a full two mintues, Xanatos leaned into the Jedi's ear.

"I know you're awake , master." he whispered.

Opening his eyes, Qui-Gon scanned the room around him, ignoring Xanatos.

"What? No greeting for your apprentice? And after so very long?" Xanatos raised his hand to his heart, "I am truly hurt."

Wordlessly Qui-Gon reached into the Force, testing the bonds that held him. Unsurprised that his link to it was severely hindered, he attempted to use brute strength to free himself but found that sorely insufficient.

"Paristeel Force binders." Xanatos offered upon noting the Jedi Master's struggles.

Temporarily surrending to his fate, Qui-Gon turned toward the younger man.

"What have you done with Obi-Wan and Danian?" his tone threatening.

Xanatos couldn't help but let a short, derisive laugh escape him. Here the Jedi was, subdued and helpless, totally at the mercy of another, questioning him with all the arrogance as of one in charge.

"I've made your companions quite comfortable. It seemed the least I could do seeing how they brought you to me so neatly trussed up." Xanatos reminded the Jedi of Obi-Wan's last actions.

Pursing his lips in agitation, Qui-Gon recalled how the young man had shot and restrained him. He seemed to remember an injection of some type but after that his memory was hazy, incomplete.

"What do you want Xanatos?" he asked plainly.

"Why to talk of course" Xnantos replied with a hurt look, "it's not everyday one gets the opportunity to converse with a double from another dimension."

Xanatos watched the elder man's face closely, impressed by the way his expression remained unchanged.

"And you came up with that fanciful idea how?" Qui-Gon asked, unfazed.

"Always the proper Jedi." Xanatos chuckled aloud. He knew a flat out denial could easily be interpreted as a lie.

"But then you always knew how to get around the truth when it served your purpose, didn't you?" Xana

8. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
    Ok?!?! That was great!!! I loved the interaction and points-of-view given by Qui Gon and Xanatos. Definitely an excellent addition to an already remarkable story.

9. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    Wow, very good post. Definitely more than just okay.

10. Katri Tai

Katri Tai Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2000
    (Applauds & whistles)

11. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Zounds! That was worth the wait! Another excellent example of Xanatos putting his own twisted interpretation on the facts, trying to justify himself. And now we now that torture is definitely in store for Qui-Gon! How much will he have to suffer before Danni and Obi-Wan decide to rescue him? Oooh, I can't wait!

12. LadyJedith

LadyJedith Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2000
    It was incredibly nice, Healer Leona! "You did not say the magic word." Bravo, Master Jinn!

13. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    To the top for the Great HealerLeona who will be posting soon!

Please do something evil to that puppykicker Xanatos!

14. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Excellent, as usual, HealerLeona.

Now more please!!!!!!!

15. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    MOre soon? Please

Kithera

16. Katri Tai

Katri Tai Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2000
    No Post?

17. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    I know where she is. She over at AKTAR hanging out in some bar with Qui-Gon.

C'mon everybody let's go and get her!

18. HealerLeona

Jan 18, 2000
    mouse, I posted only 3 days ago and I'm diligently trying to write more. Seems Qui-Torture is a bit difficult for me (imagine that)

19. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    I'd say that was more than enough, athough now we're clinging to the edge of a cliff here. Beautiful, Leona, I love how you captured Qui-Gon's dry wit and steadiness in the midst of trial! More please?

20. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Trust me H.L. I know where you're coming from!

[begging]Just please post soon![/begging]

21. OldSkippy

OldSkippy Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2000
    Qui-torture may be hard but just think - the more you torture him the more you get to make up to him afterwards!

This is fascinating, and I agree that you're doing a wonderful job of writing Qui-Gon.

22. LadyJedith

LadyJedith Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2000
    Nice remark,Old Skippy, it was.
    There are actually a lot of possible hilarious reasons for tormenting poor Qui-Gon... So cheer up, Healer Leona, if even you skin the venerable Jedi alive, it's would be OK! Jedi Knihts possess tolerance for virtual torture

23. Celes

Celes Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 1999
    To the top!

24. HealerLeona

Jan 18, 2000
    I'm working on it, really I am!!!

25. HealerLeona

Jan 18, 2000
    Ok, I have a small post but I'm afraid it's been ravaged by the iffy monster. I apologize for the widening lengths between posts but my muse has seen fit to abandon me to the unwelcome gods of uncertainty and insecurity.

As always thanks for joining me, it always inspires me to read the your encouraging repiles.

Now, I'd better start typing before I loose my nerve.

"This will not be pleasant." Xanatos' voice held a quiet, remorseful tone.

He had tried, knowing full well the chances that this Qui-Gon being any less the honor bound Jedi were as good as a bantha taking flight, but his own regret still caught him off guard.

After all these years, after taking the life of his own master, a life he grieved for far more than his own father, he had grudgingly succumbed to the ridiculous fantasy of Qui-Gon once more standing at his side.

Pushing the futile thoughts aside, Xanatos allowed the dark Force to fill, comforting with black waves of ire and hostility.

His expression hardened, his pupils constricted to small black dots, and a hateful smirk graced his lips.

"No, not pleasant at all." He cast the last dying embers of his benevolence out of the black pit that was his heart.

No more weakness, he thought, fixating on his anger and resentment of the man before him. Allowing the emotions to boil and fester within, it endowed him with a vile and obscene sense of power.

"Begin." he croaked, as the med tech wheeled a small tray to the Jedi's side.

Turning toward the man in white, Qui-Gon watched as he reached for a second vial and syring. Again the man injected a liquid into the IV line.

As the drug flowed into his veins, Qui-Gon could feel a warm sensation spreading up his arm.

"Aren't you the least bit cuirious?" Xanatos asked the Jedi Master.

"I'm sure you won't hesitate the chance to gloat over your supposed victory." Qui-Gon answered curtly as the drug wormed its way into his chest, slowly finding its way to his neck.

"The drug is a potent psychotropic. Taken in small doses it produces a euphoric effect, larger doses have been known to cause deliriums and long term usage has resulted in a wide range of psychosis'.

By that time, one's mind is highly receptive to suggestion and there should be no problem with gleening any information you may try to hide."

Xanatos' eyes glittered coldly.

"Of course, I hardly have that kind of time to waste, but worry not Master,I've discovered a way to hasten the drug's effects considerably."

Nodding to the med tech, the man began to apply small electrodes to the Jedi's forehead, chest arms and legs.

Qui-Gon made no move as the man attached the patches. Not that he could do anything to resist whatever plans Xanatos had for him.

As the drug worked its way through his system, the Jedi Master could feel tingling fingers reaching into his brain, almost as though tiny lifeforms were crawling around in his head.

His muscles involuntarily went lax, the drug numbing the centers of his brain that controlled motor skills, making his body feel weightless.

"Through experimentation I've found that sense deprivation along with the application of pain induces a truly dramatic affect."

The dark lord paused while the med tech slipped a strange elastic device over the Jedi's head. Two small spherical objects, woven into the band hugged his head tightly.

"It seems that the loss of sensation opens the mind to the darker elements, especially fear." Xanatos intoned with glee, "and with the added effects of the drug the mind can't help but give life to those fears. You see Master, no amount of torture that I could visit on you can compare with what your own imagination, your own remembered experiences can manifest."

Qui-Gon could feel the edges of his mind growing hazy as the drug infiltrated his brain. His thoughts began to fragment, losing their intensity as a comforting peace enveloped him.

In vain, he reached out to the Force, attempting to at least minimize the strength of the drug taking hold.

Damn he thought fuzzily. A distant re

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.