main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Should as Strangers we Meet--continuing JA story

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by HealerLeona, May 15, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    This Xanatos sounds like he's even more cracked than the original. How is the Master going to get out of this!

2. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    I agree with jodiwent. This is intriguing.

3. LadyJedith

LadyJedith Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2000
    Great!
    Here is the post!!!
    And you know, Healer Leona, you've spoiled me, you really have. I used to be so nice, peaceful-minded creature before reading your story... And now - look! - I yell with the others "TORTURE! TORTURE!!!"

Being a little more serious, it was so delicious fragment! I liked the description of the way the drug was acting, and Xanatos... What a curious, complicated relationships with Qui-Gon!
    Oh, I'm waiting what will happen next!

4. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Cripes, this opens up possibilities...

And I always thought I was the master of torture on this forum. Not any longer, if this is any indication of things to come! Wow! What a post! What an idea! The way Qui-Gon feels the lifeforms in his head made me think of lice or maggots or something equally unpleasant! Yuck!

Keep going, you're on a roll!

5. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
    LOL @ Jane Jinn.

Your post was not iffy at all H.L., that was a masterful piece of work (no pun intended).

The description of what Xanatos had in store for Qui Gon was Uber Creepy. Excellent writing!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>knowing full well the chances that this Qui-Gon being any less the honor bound Jedi were as good as a bantha taking flight

Great line!! It made me smile despite the trouble Q.G. is in.

More soon please!!

6. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Wow!! That was an awesome post, HL!! I really like how in the beginning you had Xanatos actually wishing Qui-Gon would act like his master again and 'stand by his side'. That was a really neat addition to his character!

7. Katri Tai

Katri Tai Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2000
    Wow...
    Drugged Qui-Gon..
    Crazy alternate Universe Xanatos who sort of misses Qui-Gon..
    I wonder if the real Obi Wan is still waiting where the alternate universe thingy made Qui-Gon disappear wondering where he went confused.gif The story just keeps getting better with every post

8. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    HealerLeona all I can say is WOW!

You tell those gods of uncertainty and insecurity exactly where they can stick it! Iffy indeed!

Now that you left us in suspense, you have to post soon, and please do something evil to Xanatos the Puppykicker!

9. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    I'll just add my WOW to the rest and a hardy I couldn't agree more with everything that has already been said. H.L. you have yourself a great talent here, keep them posts coming.

10. Knight Obi Wan

Knight Obi Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 17, 1999
    oh....my.....gosh is all I can say for that!! This Xanatos is PURE EVIL!!!! HealerLeona you are truly doing an EXCELLENT job!!! I find myself shivering at Xani's last words there "keep happy thoughts"....brrrr

11. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    Patiently awaiting more! And I'm loving the characterization of Xanatos! Hurt the puppy kicker!

12. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Awesome posts! But poor Qui-Gon, what's Xany-baby gonna do to him? Obi needs to hurry up and come to the rescue.
    I love this story!

13. Healer Apprentice Lina

Healer Apprentice Lina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    Whoa! I'm rubbing my arms to get the goose pimples down.
    That was awesome Healer Leona!
    I can only beg for more and learn from your superb writing ways oh, Master Healer!

14. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    Ok, I'm finally here, down to the torture and I'm pleasantly surprised that I'm actually kinda pleased with it.

Even my Inner Critic is saying "Not too shabby." Now that's really a big improvement.

Here goes.

Straining to retain some semblance of control, Qui-Gon could nevertheless feel his mental faculties slowly slipping away on a surging wave of serenity.

It's really not so bad. he thought, an unconscious smile sliding into place, all worries and concerns drowned out by the rising tide of euphoria.

Around him the room wavered, its sterile whiteness glowing brilliantly.

The last thing his conscious mind registered as the drug claimed him, drawing him down into sweet oblivion, was a soft, echoing voice following...

...happy thoughts...happy thoughts...

"Did you give him the full dose?" Xanatos asked the technician, watching as the great and noble Qui-Gon Jinn closed his eyes, surrendering to the drug.

"Yes, M'lord" he answered, adjusting the elastic band so that the small spheres were placed over the Jedi's ears.

"But may I point out that such a large dose may have been unnecessary." the med tech commented innocently.

So focused on the job at hand, adjusting the monitors that registered the Jedi's vital signs and setting up a small black box, that he had momentarily forgotten his place.

"Are you questioning me?" Xanatos asked calmly.

The med tech's head spun around, his eyes full of panic.

"No...no M'lord" he stuttered nervously. "it was only an observation...I...I.."

Content with the man's fearful reaction, Xanatos waved off the comment with a casual hand.

"You've no idea the amount of discipline and training a Jedi goes through." the Lord expained, "Many have gone through experiences that would stop the heart of a most mortals..."

Xanatos trailed off, looking at the sniveling, weak minded man before him with mild irritation.

What did he know of true strength? All it took to gain his allegience was the promise of unlimited funds to contiue his endeavor into his somewhat questionable medical research. And from there it was a simple matter to steer the man in a direction that the dark lord found beneficial to his own cause and control him with intimidation.

Xanatos eyes flashed with distain, causing the med tech who stood wide-eyed and motionless to suck in a frightened breath.

"Is it ready?" Xanatos' eyes flickered to the black box on the tray.

"Yes, M'lord." the man answered swiftly, breathing a sigh of relief that the dark man's weighted gaze had fallen elsewhere.

Plugging an adaptor into the montoring equipment, a small red light lit up on the box.

Small and rectangular, the black box had a number of switches across the front and a small round dial.

"I'll increase the amerage in increments, working on seperate areas at first" the man said. "By morning you should have no problem with this Jedi."

He flipped one of the switches up, turning the dial slightly.

Qui-Gon lay on a pillowy divan in the middle of a small clearing of a lush green forest.

All around him the soft, comforting sounds of nature pervaded his mind. Unseen birds twilled muscially as if in serenade. A warm breeze brushed over his body, tingling his skin with light caresses.

Overhead, tall, billowy clouds tinged with lavender, sailed aimlessly across a deep blue sky. Treetops swayed and bowed, their leaves rustling gently in the wind.

"This was the best idea you've ever had." a familiar voice said happily.

"Obi-Wan!" Qui-Gon shouted ecstatically at the sight of his apprentice lounging on a similiar couch not far from him.

"I've misssssed you." the Master slurred drunkenly.

"Miised me?" Obi-Wan beamed a smile. "How can you miss me when I've been at your side all along."

"Good one, Master!" he laughed heartily at the apparent joke. Stretching his arms out, Obi-Wan groaned with pleasure, then tucked them contently behind his head.

"You really should allow them to help you with your headache, master." Kenobi remarked idly.

"Hmmmmmm?" Qui-Gon

15. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    WOW!

H.L. I am speechless. I mean... WOW!

I bet Xanatos kicked a kitten right along with that puppy! DIE YOU KITTEN AND PUPPY KICKER!!!!!!

16. Maelisaandii

Maelisaandii Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2000
    Kitykicker? Now that is just too much! Kill the kittykicker!!! Slit his throat! Spill his blood!!

Marvelous post, HealerLeona. I'm in shivers. Qui-torture... eep!

17. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Not confusing at all! I liked the way the torture began as something pleasant and comforting and then changed to something painful and dangerous. I liked the way that Qui-Gon's inner voice was able to tell him that it wasn't real, it wasn't the way it had really happened, and the way that the pain in his head increased to breaking point. I also liked the way that Xanatos wished regretfully that he could see what Qui-Gon was seeing. Good touch!

Now what about Obi-Wan and Danni? Are they going to wander in and see this, recognising Xanatos for what he really is, or will they be kept in the dark a bit longer? Keep writing, HealerLeona!

18. Jedi Gryph Grin

Sep 25, 1999
    ZOUNDS & GADZOOKS!!! That was outstanding H.L, not confusing at all! The way you portrayed Qui Gon's mental imaging was superb.

I look forward to more.

19. LadyJedith

LadyJedith Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2000
    Oh, I've simply become speechless! It was... It was GREAT!!! I bow to you, Master Healer!

20. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Right, Healer Leona I started a list of possible torture methods to use on Light_sabe_r if she didn't post. Now I think I'll have to start one for you if you don't post soon.

Just kidding
    Kithera

21. Jedi Gryph Grin

Sep 25, 1999
    HealerLeonaaaaaa wheeeerree aaarree youuuuuu?!?!?!?

22. Katri Tai

Katri Tai Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2000
    Geez... Poor Qui Gon...
    Where are those two Obi Wan's when you need them?
    Great Post!

23. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    That was cool. I like the good stuff before the bad stuff. All in the masters head. Hope he doesn't get fooled. Or the Obi-Wan in this reality realizes what a #*@! Xanatos is. Where is the 'real' Obi-Wan?

24. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    More? Please? eek.gif

25. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Holy Smokes HealerLeona that was great, all I can think to say is WOW!!!!!

Oh yeah one more thing.... POST MORE!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.