main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Should As Strangers We Meet- JA repost Epilogue

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Healer_Leona , Jul 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AthenaLeigh

AthenaLeigh Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2004
    That was wonderful. I do love how Qui-Gon treated the dying Xanatos. You know he just did once love him. Such a compassionate man. Glad everything has worked out, finally. Like the way Qui-Gon saved Danni, and how Obi-Wan reacted to finally learning the truth. Lol, and Danni and Obi-Wan's relationship, most amusing. *snicker* That was nice of her to offer for Qui-Gon to stay with them. Looking forward to seeing Qui-Gon's arrival home. *claps* Yay, he's going home!

2. The_Hutt

The_Hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2004
    Awww, what a great ending! I thought it was an interesting concept, how the dark side abandoned Xanatos before he died. I never thought about that before, but it makes sense. And I loved the way Qui-Gon handled the situation; he surely eased Xanatos' passing, when he could have easily held onto his bitterness. And the situation with the peeved Danni coercing Obi-Wan into an apology was hilarious! I'm glad that Obi-Wan took the idea of an alternate Obi who had succeeded in the area where his failure caused him bitterness and pain. I mean, it's understandable that he would be happy with his currant life with Danni, but he still might have those "What might have been" feelings...at least he finally found some comfort. And Danni and Qui-Gon's inside joke-teasing is awsome. She'd better fill Obi in on his future fatherhood! And I can't wait for the epilogue...I mean, technically we did have plenty of Obi in this thread, but I'd also like to see the reunion with the other Obi!

3. Odd-Thomas

Odd-Thomas Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2004
    I don't get to read as often as I would like, but this is one I check out every chance I get. Great work!

4. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Wonderful, wonderful, Master. That scene between Qui-Gon and Xanatos as he asks forgiveness and Qui releases the memories of their time together was very, very touching. I'm glad they both found some peace and it seems that is why the Force brough Qui to this universe. To right several wrongs.

Beautiful!

Love Qui's 'tormenting' of Obi-Wan and hints about whats to come. ;) Great job. Oh, I don't want this to end!!! :D

5. DarkDream

DarkDream Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2004
    Awww! The scene between Qui and Xani soo was cute... [face_love] Only the epilogue left? :_|

You are great Healer_Leona!

Yours,
    DarkDream

6. mariel_rose

mariel_rose Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 19, 2003
    Yes, yes all good. Uppers! Please?

7. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Awesome job, Leona!! Can't wait for the epilouge!

8. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Awesome job, Leona!! Can't wait for the epilouge!

9. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Mouse Yeah, he may be a bantha brain here, but we love him anyway. LOL

Kynstar I never did like Xanatos' end in the book, one reason this story was inspired.

Jemmiah Thanks. :D

waterlilee It was just his hardheadedness, Obi can't help it, but he's got Danni to keep him straight. LOL!

Layren Thank you dear, glad you stayed with me.

Diane I am more than thrilled that you enjoyed it. :)

Kitara Thanks. :8)

Athena I really enjoyed writing this and it feels so good, all those warm fuzzies, to know it's been enjoyed as well.

Hutt I always wanted to see more mush with Xani's death, and it was fun to play with this alternate Obi-Wan. LOL!

OddThomas Aww, thanks. :D

t_s What can I say, a bit of angst, a dash of mush.... LOL!

DarkDream Yeah, just the epiloque and I do wish it were longer, but hopefullyl it's enough.

mariel_rose LOL! Here you go..

Miana Thanks! :)

For all those above, all others that have read and replied and all the lurkers that may have hidden in the shadows. Thank you isn't enough for the smiles you've given me and the inspiration to try and keep writing. Here is the last bit of Should As Strangers Meet....

Epilogue

Qui-Gon Jinn matched his opponent?s move, blocking the blue blur that threatened to slice him in two. Twirling with lightning speed, he swung his saber out. He was met with empty space as Obi-Wan Kenobi jumped over his head, forcing him to continue his pirouette then duck as the Force whispered a warning.

Lightsabers sparked electrically with as they collided, thrumming with ferocity.

?Master, what do you think you would have done had you not been chosen as an apprentice?? Obi-Wan inquired, momentarily standing face to face with the elder Jedi, their weapons locked between them.

His Padawan learner had been usually quite and contemplative since the previous night, when he?d stood by side his in front of the High Council. As Qui-Gon gave his report on his journey in the alternate dimension he had easily sensed his apprentice?s spiking emotions as he learned of the things the alternate Obi-Wan had done.

When the doors to the dimensional transport had opened again, there had been no doubt that he had return to his own world. Qui-Gon had no more stepped one foot out of the device when he was besieged by an overly excited apprentice.

?Master!? the young man had shouted, pulling him into a tight embrace, nearly strangling him with enthusiasm.

He learned that his Padawan had stood vigil at the site where the device disappeared leaving only once during the five days to notify the Jedi Temple of what had happened.
    From that moment on Obi-Wan hadn?t let the elder man out of his site. He was always two paces from his side as they waited for Jedi Security to arrive and load the capsule into a transport to deliver it to the Jedi Temple. He had asked only a single question as to his Master?s whereabouts during that time and Qui-Gon had politely stated he would learn all there was to know when he reported to the Council.

Obi-Wan had graciously acquiescenced, just happy to have his Master back with him.

His good mood was short lived though on finding out that his double had injured his Master and been in on the verge of enlisting with that world?s Xanatos.

As they left the Council to debate the disposal of the dimensional transport, Obi-Wan had grown sullen. Even Qui-Gon reminding him that it was not he that had caused his injuries and that the decisions of the other Obi-Wan were in no way a reflection on his own dedication to the Jedi didn?t sway his dour mood.

Qui-Gon decided he would give his apprentice time to sort out his feelings, knowing that time was all Obi-Wan needed.

After a quiet day spent in their apartment it was the suggestion of some lightsaber sparring that had finally gotten a smile from the young man. During the practice Obi-Wan had obviously seemed distracted, but Qui-Gon opted

10. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Oi! That was great!!!!! Loved the ending hehehehe took Qui by surprise in more ways than one! :D

Yep it would make one appreciate what you have when there was a time (or alternate reality so to speak) that you didn't have it.

Great job!! =D=

11. Opal

Opal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    LOL! Great ending. I really enjoyed this. :D

12. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
  13. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Awwwww such a good ending!!! hahahah Quigs you should be more mindful! =D=

14. BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon

BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 15, 2004
    A great story! I'm glad I am now a reformed lurker, it's nice to post my appreciation of all the great stories on these boards.

15. AthenaLeigh

AthenaLeigh Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2004
    Oh, that's a lovely, sweet ending.

?Master!? the young man had shouted, pulling him into a tight embrace, nearly strangling him with enthusiasm.

That's a great line, lol. Haha, he got the Master. Qui-Gon should see a ruse like that coming, lol. Great story. =D= *much applause* What fun it's been! Thanks. :D

16. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    =D= That was wonderful, Master! Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon's duel was priceless and loved the little 'surprise' at the end. :)

Liked what Qui-Gon said about laying down roots and seeing what comes to fruition. Very well done, and I like your recipe: One dash angst and a little dash of mush! ;) Love your Qui-Gon!

17. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    You did a great job with the reunion and duel =D=

18. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    LMAO!! I love that! I'm expecting an "Awwww!! How sweet!!" ending and Obi-Wan knocks him out instead. [face_laugh]

Wonderful job, Leona! :D

19. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    All caught up and just in time to catching the ending, and a sweet one it was . Bravo!

20. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Great ending. I loved the banter between them even as they were sparring. Plus Obi-Wan should think about what the other Obi's options had been. In the end, he, too, was destined to help others - his clan in this case.

Sorry to see that it's over! Lovely job.

21. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    I've got mixed emotions! I'm so happy that Qui and 'his dimension' Obi-Wan are back together, but I'm sad that the story is over. :) :(

Wonderful ending Leona. I love how you write Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan's banter. It make them seem so real.

22. waterlilee

waterlilee Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2004
    awww...that was great! i mucholy enjoyed that! great to see that Qui-Gon can get knocked down, too! :)

23. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    Ahhh...the perfect ending to the perfect story! The right amount of mush, with Obi-Wan managing to pull a stunt on Qui right when he was least expecting it! And I love the way you worked in the the JA quote right at the end! Well done, Leona! :) I hope this has wetted your appetite to write: it certainly has left us wanting to read more! :)

24. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Just a boost to say...

"WOOO HOO!!!! Congrats on being Mod-ed, Leona!!!!"

:D :D [:D]

25. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    Awesome ending!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.