main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Should As Strangers We Meet- JA repost Epilogue

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Healer_Leona , Jul 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Evil!!! Xan the man!!! ;) Seeing his old Master again! *snrk* hehehehehe now this is getting QUITE interesting indeed!!!

Hehehehe But that lil lapse with Obi was interesting... hrmmm

*Snrk* typical girl... kiss the guy then slap him sillly! hehehehe great work there! ;)

Definitely curious about the scarfaced guy ;) hehehehe Can't wait for more :D :D

2. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    Shudders uhhh Xanatos!!! :eek:
    Wonderful post! Can't wait, really can't wait for more!

3. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Oooh Wow Leona! Excellent post! ... so who is the guy with the broken circle? Is that Xanatos in an alternate deminsion?? .. ooooh

4. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Oh, so the alternate Xanatos has reared his head. He knew that Qui was dead in his universe - perhaps because he killed him, perhaps not. At least Obi-Wan has someone to love here. I'd hate for him to be alone...

Good job. Looking forward to more..

5. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    *nods in approval* Xan = trouble, and that's always good entertainment!

More soon!

6. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Xan Man has surfaced- I guess he's just as evil in this universe

7. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    I'm still reading Leona! It just gets hard to reply when you have a little one with octopus arms doing his best to reprogram the computer. :D

8. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Xanny!! YAY!! :D

Excellent job, Leona!! I'm sensing a Jerry Springer moment coming up with Xany/Obi/Qui. :p

9. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    [Count_Floyd_impression]Oooh! Scary! So scary![/Count_Floyd_impression]

It's Xani! [face_devil]

(If you don't know who Count Floyd is... I'm sorry. :p)

10. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Kynstar - quite interesting??? Mmmm, perhaps not from Qui's perspective.. but that's getting ahead of myself... heh, heh, heh.

Jeday - Is that shudders of disgust or anticipation? :D LOL!

Layren - Yeah, it's our friendly Xan.

Diane - Well, since Qui does have his little healer waiting for him back at the temple, you know the one that begins with 'L', I figured Obi should have someone to love too. ;) :D

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi - I agree about the trouble being entertaining... doesn't hurt when they're suppose to be cute to boot! The second line of your sig, is the speaker Jake?

Kitara - Yep! He must be good in another dimension.. though you should see the AU where they're all my love slaves.... lol!!

Miana- Scary enough I can picture the three of them sitting on stage... imagine the security guards trying to break up a lightsaber fight??? LOL!

Mouse - I remember SCTV very well! And I'm sorry to hear about your son's affliction??? Will he be able to have six of them removed when he's older?? ;)

11. AthenaLeigh

AthenaLeigh Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2004
    What a twist, now why didn't I see that coming sooner? Very interesting, I'd love to see the look on his face when he saw it was Qui-Gon, that would be priceless. Well, whatever is coming up should be good! Mwahaha! Can't wait.

12. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    Xanatos!!! :D Mesa love manipulative, daring, egotistical Xan! :) I'm really enjoying re-reading this story again, Leona! There's so much I don't remember or perhaps didn't pick up first time round! :)

13. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    The Last line of my sig is what Jake says, the second line is an REM song :D

14. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    AtehnaLeigh Thanks. whatever is coming up should be good, Yeah but for who? [face_devil]

Jemmish, aww thanks dear!

Arwen-Jade AHA! I knew I recognized the Dark Tower, I love that series. :D :D

15. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    I know it's a short post... but it's got to cut here for dramatic purpose.... [face_devil]

It took almost two hours for the three fugitives to make their way through the city to where the shuttle awaited them. Though they were anxious to hurry, the Jedi kept them at a calm, leisurely pace. "Three people running down the street will attract far more attention and commit us to memory then if we blend in with the normal flow of traffic," the Jedi had reasoned.

Obi-Wan had to admit it was sound thinking as no one paid any mind to them as they strolled down the street, the tall man in the lead, Danian and Obi-Wan following behind.

"I didn't think you had any Jedi friends?" Danian commented quietly to Obi-Wan.

"I don't," Obi-Wan said curtly in a manner that caused her to glance at him questioningly.
    "He showed up unexpectedly, wanting my help," he murmured softly, keeping his eyes on the big man's back. "Agreeing to help him was the only way I could get you out. "

"What's wrong?" Danni mouthed silently, sensing his guarded manner.

Obi only shook his head in a non-committal fashion and continued walking.

Presently the trio stopped, having reached the outskirts of the city. By this time they passed hardly a soul and with great relief they found the shuttle left for them.

Coding the shuttle's door open, Obi-Wan entered first. The ship had a large main cabin with rows of benches that lined the walls. The rest was open space used for cargo. A small door separated the main cabin from the cockpit.

"Take a seat while I lift off," he told the Jedi evenly.

Hesitating a moment, Qui-Gon regarded him with a raised eyebrow but did as suggested.

Seeing the tense exchange Danian looked at Obi, her brows knit in concern.

Taking her hand he led her to a seat on the opposite side of the cabin from the Jedi. Smiling down at her he kissed her forehead. "Don't worry jameela,? he said reassuringly, "everything's will be fine."

Encouraged by his use of the private term of endearment, she relaxed, returning his smile. "Eldunasta jalil ta loofstani?" she asked in her native tongue.

"Naum." he answered. Reaching out, his fingers gently traced the contours of her cheek. Turning he looked coolly at the Jedi, all traces of emotion suppressed.

"Dolari Tunz should be our next destination," Jinn said with a measured glance.

Obi-Wan's jawed tensed, his eyes flared imperceptively, then without a word he left for the pilot's seat.

Watching Obi-Wan depart, Qui-Gon considered the young man's change of mood. Granted he hadn't exactly been cordial before, but now there seemed to be an undercurrent of hostility that the boy was taking great pains to hide. And it was no use trying to read him through the Force, his shields had been up since they had arrived at the jailhouse. From the private exchange between Obi-Wan and his companion, it appeared that she also sensed his altered state. Qui-Gon couldn't understand the words of their conversation, but the emotions were easy enough to interpret. She had voiced concern and he had reassured her. The prickling at the back of his mind continued.

Danni saw the hard gaze the large man held in Obi's direction and it did nothing to alleviate her already growing fears.

"I didn't have the opportunity before to thank you...er..." she broke the awkward silence.

"Jinn," turning his attention to the woman, "and though appreciated, your thanks are unnecessary." he said in a soft voice.

The sound of the engines igniting filled the cabin. The pull of gravity heightened as the thrusters engaged and the shuttle rose, leaving the solid contact of the planet below them.

"Oh, believe me" she said without exaggeration, "they are. There's something going on down there, something that is not what it seems."

"What do you mean?" the Jedi inquired with interest.

Danni stared at the man unsure whether to answer. Obi's reaction to him had been harsh and yet she felt nothing that led her to distrust him. In fact, the Jed

16. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    :eek: WOW... was like that's cool the girl kind'a likes Qui and then he goes to see Obi and WHAT? gets shot?? hrrmmm

hehehe great chappie!! Guess they ain't gonna go and get his ship fixed *snrk*

17. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Oh no!!!! Obi-Wan what are you doing to poor Qui-Gon!?!? :eek:

Leona that was a dreadful cliffie! I do hope you're planning to update again -- this weekend :D I think I'll expire from suspense. .. poor Qui...

So why would Obi-Wan do such a thing -- is he acting on orders or is he just mad that Qui was talking to his girl? HE should be a little more grateful I mean after all, he DID help rescue her and he didn't have to. *ponders*

18. Jaxx_w

Jaxx_w Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 8, 2004
    He....he shot him? HE SHOT HIM?! Can't believe....*collapses to the floor*

19. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Well, as long as Qui's happy with his Healer friend that begins with an L ;), that's fine.

Obi-Wan SHOT Qui-Gon????? :_| Why in the world would he do a thing like that? Hopefully, we'll find out soon.

What a cliffhanger! Post soon!!!!!!!

20. AthenaLeigh

AthenaLeigh Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2004
    Oh, haha, that was great, I mean it was horrible, but it was a great hanger. Must have more now! Or whenever you post O:) Very, very, very interesting. Poor Qui-Gon! Wow, heehee, this is fun ;)

21. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    WHAT!!?? He SHOT Qui??? I'll kill him!

j/k but you'd better post soon so that boy can reedeam himself before I start to hunt him down. MORE!!!

yes I love Dark Tower as well, counting down until the next book is out

22. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    CLiffie alert!!!

23. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    WHOA! AUGH! Don't do that to me!

24. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000